advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My darn feet hurt all the time! Anyone else afflicted?

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
It's not cause I think I am big or something like that. I am heavy and have been for a long time though. Maybe it just catches up to lard-asses after a while.

A couple times when I have been very lean I experienced foot soreness because the fat padding was probably all dieted off. lol.

That isn't my issue right now though cause I am not that lean. Anyway, after I walk on the treadmill or out on the trail, they hurt.

When I get up off the couch or a chair, my first 10 steps are a bitch. I sort of hobble around for a while and it pisses me off. :)

I do it at the end of all my workouts as well as use a foam roller but what u can do is roll your feet out on a tennis ball or a golf ball if you dont feel it too much.. Personally i use one of those bigger hard rubber balls, its a little bigger than a golf ball... it works rally well for sore feet..

Maybe Gout, bone spurs, or fractured tendons or Ligaments?
All three are very painful.

Last edited:
plantar fasciatis (spelling) like mentioned above...use a golf ball or tennis ball and roll it under your foot from the arch to the heel...I do this pre and post run along with foam roller stuff to help.

inserts

Hey I had this problem in the past, get arch support inserts for ALL your shoes in a week your feet will feel better in a month you will have forgotten all about how sore your feet used to get. Hope this helps.

I have the same problem until I bought these shoes, Nike free run 2 with soul inserts.... They are heaven, it made doing calves with 900 pounds on your back a dream on your feet

not suggesting you use it but, ;) but gh makes my ummmm RAT's feet hurt. I swear his feet have grown. Any joint pains? like ankles? Even 2 iu if usd for a while, 3 or more months....makes my pet RAT's feet hurt.

So if you were legally on gh therapy this might be it, if your not LEGALLY on it then its something else. ;)

Chances are good that if it hurts for the first couple steps then starts to ease up it is plantar fasciitis. All plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the the fascia on the plantar side of the foot. Generally what happens if your gastrocnemius' and soleus as well as hamstrings are too tight. The gastrocnemius' and soleus are so tight that they are pulling up through the achilles tendon on the fascia of the plantar part of the foot.

Rolling on a ball and foam roller etc would be good. Might be better to freeze a bottle of water and roll on that so that it is not so painful then work up to golf ball etc. Also I Adidas makes sandals that have little nubs all on the bottom, you can start wearing though when you can and that will help massage the fascia w/o being so painful. The most important part however though is making sure you stretch your calves. You should hold stretch for at least 3 min. Do one foot at a time and go for the 3 min leg locked out (gastroc) and 3 mine leg unlocked (soleus). You need to do both stretches in order to loosen up fascia in lower part of leg. Soleus does not cross knee jt so that is why you must unlock knee to isolate in stretch. Hope this helps.

It's not cause I think I am big or something like that. I am heavy and have been for a long time though. Maybe it just catches up to lard-asses after a while.

A couple times when I have been very lean I experienced foot soreness because the fat padding was probably all dieted off. lol.

That isn't my issue right now though cause I am not that lean. Anyway, after I walk on the treadmill or out on the trail, they hurt.

When I get up off the couch or a chair, my first 10 steps are a bitch. I sort of hobble around for a while and it pisses me off. :)

Sounds really familiar...Other than chalking it up to my flat feet, I've not found a diagnoses that makes sense. Sorry, I'm not of more help...It's just that I feel that I can relate, brother.

If its the ball of your foot that hurts, I think Bignickp is right, you need some good arch supports or inserts(not sure of the proper terminology).

I have been seeing a podiatrist for 6 months(thanks to the VA). the doctor told me, after 43 years of walking mostly in shoes, the toes get lazy and the majority of the impact falls on the ball of the foot. Inserts put some of the work back on the toes.

She had some special inserts made for me and after about 30 days, I was good to go. Probably went from a level 5 out of 10 pain down to a .05. They were free to me, but they don't look expensive, just some cushion, plastic and leather.

I was afraid I had gout or any of the other things you can look up on the internet, No, just lazy toes:).

I later found out my brother in-law had the same problem, and the inserts fixed him right up too.

plantar fasciitis, ive had it when I played a lot of soccer when I was younger

Yes, feet/toe problems suck. I am 4 weeks post op on my left big toe joint replacement and the next toe was fixed for a hammer toe. I havent been able to do a leg workout since.

Sounds really familiar...Other than chalking it up to my flat feet, I've not found a diagnoses that makes sense. Sorry, I'm not of more help...It's just that I feel that I can relate, brother.

Damn, I thought I was the only one who suffered from this rare deformatey.
The only pain I get from flat feet are trying to buy shoes that fit.

Last edited:
You probably have flat feet. I had the same problem years ago. Arches can collapse over time. Never hurt again once I got arch supports.

I had similar problems before, then I got vibrams to train and do cardio in and i've never had a problem sense. I believe they've strengthened my feed and that has helped alleviate the issues. So you might look at the footwear you are using most the time.

SPEND the money and go to the old foot doctor you will be suprised. the medical insoles you can get there expesnsive but well worth it. not bad with insurance though.
they even have those new machines in walmart you stand on and tells what insoles would be best. there problably 40 bucks but do make your feet feel aalot better.

Last edited:
Those are EXCELLENT replies!

Thank you! I will get after the stretching right off and get better shoes. My friend Matt does orthotics and makes limbs for amputees. He might be a good resource. I'll bet I need to stretch more. I will try the tennis ball and the golf ball as well.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member