over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My diet at 7 weeks out

Well ok then. Hello to you too Tenny, it's been a while.

As far as the oats go, I eat them because I fucking love them. I look forward to my bowl of oats each day. They taste awesome. I digest them well and I like the energy that they give me.

Shelby has never told me what food to eat for any meal. He makes adjustments to my macros for particular meals, but the actual foods change all the time for a variety of reasons based on what I feel like doing that day. Sometimes I pick a food because I feel it's perfect for that particular point in time for training or something else, but I might eat strawberries because I want to taste some strawberries.

The carbs that I use most are

White rice
Ezekiel bread
Oats
Fruit
Red-skin potatoes

I'm at a fine place for 7 weeks out, thanks for checking up on me though. My target show at this point is 14 weeks away, the first show is a small state level national qualifier.

My eggs will never be in one basket. I have many people close to me in the sport that I trust. And I trust Shelby 100% as well. He is a friend and mentor, and has taken a lot of time to help me learn my body over the past couple of years.

I'm not sure exactly what you are getting at with the tone of your post. I'm gonna go have some oatmeal. :cool:

haha, ok.....I like oatmeal too!!......but not pre contest:cool:
just wondering if you have tried some other pre and post carbs
like cream of wheat, cream of corn....strictly fruit..??
but I guess, being 14 weeks out you have time....
part of being (top of the food chain) is learning everything
about yourself....we cant all be freaks of nature like Jaime lol.
just saying......you know the key to advancement in what your doing
is BEING PEELED!!!!!....do everything you can to get there, and learn
and see how EVERY type carb sits with your body...that's all man.
I have yet to see you truly peeled (which I would love to see)
nothing you shouldn't already know....:love:

as far as my tone.....a lot of peeps here look up to you, and live every
word you say.....and they want to know what im asking....truly....

nothing but love here....to you both......good luck with the shows,
and hope you can dial it in this round.....im betting on you.

PM me if I can help you in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.....

:cool:

haha, ok.....I like oatmeal too!!......but not pre contest:cool:
just wondering if you have tried some other pre and post carbs
like cream of wheat, cream of corn....strictly fruit..??
but I guess, being 14 weeks out you have time....
part of being (top of the food chain) is learning everything
about yourself....we cant all be freaks of nature like Jaime lol.
just saying......you know the key to advancement in what your doing
is BEING PEELED!!!!!....do everything you can to get there, and learn
and see how EVERY type carb sits with your body...that's all man.
I have yet to see you truly peeled (which I would love to see)
nothing you shouldn't already know....:love:

as far as my tone.....a lot of peeps here look up to you, and live every
word you say.....and they want to know what im asking....truly....

nothing but love here....to you both......good luck with the shows,
and hope you can dial it in this round.....im betting on you.

PM me if I can help you in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.....

:cool:

Cream of corn? Can you shed more light on this? Thanks

What's your training split and cardio look like at the moment, Flex?

Very nice diet, in fact its not a million miles away from how my diet is set out. Nice and healthy there, how do you feel on that low food? In my opinion its spot on, you are giving the body just what it needs at this point, and that's all that matters.

P.S totally with you on the frozen dessert thing, its awesome! :headbang:

Oats are the easiest carb source to take in. I just blend them in water uncooked and chug it. All done.

Very nice diet, in fact its not a million miles away from how my diet is set out. Nice and healthy there, how do you feel on that low food? In my opinion its spot on, you are giving the body just what it needs at this point, and that's all that matters.

P.S totally with you on the frozen dessert thing, its awesome! :headbang:

I feel great most of the time actually. It's a lot less food than I took in for my year-long offseason, but it's actually nice to not have to force-feed myself. I'm starting to feel the effects of low calories, especially during training, but that happens as bodyfat levels get low no matter what and is to be expected.

I actually forgot to add the fats that go with that frozen protein. I add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of almond butter. It's pretty much the most amazing thing ever.

I feel great most of the time actually. It's a lot less food than I took in for my year-long offseason, but it's actually nice to not have to force-feed myself. I'm starting to feel the effects of low calories, especially during training, but that happens as bodyfat levels get low no matter what and is to be expected.

I actually forgot to add the fats that go with that frozen protein. I add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of almond butter. It's pretty much the most amazing thing ever.

Yeah i hear you man, pretty much exactly how i feel right now buddy.

Almond butter with chocolate protein powder is the shit man! Best of luck with the rest of the prep bro, i am a big supporter :)

Cardio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No cardio currently. Around a month ago I had been up to 30 minutes, 5 days per week. I was dropping weight really quickly and we ended up dropping the cardio completely. I suspect I will be doing it again soon.

Will the carbs drop more and more as you get closer to the show?

And whats the lowest you go on calories at the end when you are truly shredded? I have been cutting at anywhere from 2000 - 2400 calories daily but I dont have anywhere near the muscle mass you do and I am not sure at what point to go lower or just do more cardio?

Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. Good luck for your show... I will be cheering you on (from the uk).

I just posted in my log and it made me think of this thread (all the oat talk :eek:;)) so I hope you don't mind I will copy and paste the info. Just something I have started eating and I will think you will love it. Ok it's probably the worst possible time to give you a recipe haha... but I know you have lots of willpower.

Get some oats and mix with a decent amount of milk in a mixing jug. I added lots of sultanas and some dried cranberries. Then lots of cinnamon powder and nutmeg. Mix it all together then place in an oven proof dish for bake for about 30 mins. Take it out add coconut sugar (brown sugar would be great too) all over the top and grill till golden brown (about 3 mins). I then put it in a bowl and poured lots of single cream on top... single cream as I am on a diet :D It's like spiced oats and really easy to make... the smell out of the oven is great.

Might be worth a try when you are allowed it :)

Thanks for posting this Flex! Always good to see what the big dawgs are doing these days ;) Good luck at your show, too!

Will the carbs drop more and more as you get closer to the show?

And whats the lowest you go on calories at the end when you are truly shredded? I have been cutting at anywhere from 2000 - 2400 calories daily but I dont have anywhere near the muscle mass you do and I am not sure at what point to go lower or just do more cardio?

Thanks.

The carbs will continue to drop, in fact we lowered them a for most meals as of this morning. There will likely be a point where I'm at zero carbs for some period of time. I haven't figured it out to the calorie, but I estimate that I will be at 2300-2600 calories most days with the changes we made this morning.

I don't know what your current cardio setup is, but you could likely go lower in calories, at least in short spurts, without any problem at all. I know guys that get down to 10 calories per pound of LEAN body mass during prep. Increase cardio, decrease proteins/carbs/fats, but don't do both at once.

Last edited:
I dont get to contribute much so hopefully this will assist those looking for good, easy prep of a carb like rice.

1. Sushi rice or short grain rice is a tastier version to the medium or long grain served most often in the USA.
2 Always rinse rice before cooking. Rinse until the water is pretty clear. The rice will come out sticky easier to shovel and eat.
3. For planned reheat of rice store in fridge while still warm or hot. Will trap steam and make it more moist on reheat. On reheat cover container with damp paper towel. This resteams the rice and it comes out perfect every time. 1-1.5 cups nuked for 2 minutes.
4. Steamed rice is easier to prep than cooked rice. For a cheap option buy a $10 rice steameroff Amazon that goes in microwave. For better option invest $100 in good rice cooker. Press a button and let it go til it rings. Prep your other foods in the meantime. Perfectrice evey time. These cookers can do white or brown rice its a worthwhile investment.

Dont mean to clutter your thread hope this suggestion helps for easy prep of both your meals. I know how fun prepping meals for two dedicated folks can be. Good luck over the next 7 weeks. Looking forward to your progress.

I dont get to contribute much so hopefully this will assist those looking for good, easy prep of a carb like rice.

1. Sushi rice or short grain rice is a tastier version to the medium or long grain served most often in the USA.
2 Always rinse rice before cooking. Rinse until the water is pretty clear. The rice will come out sticky easier to shovel and eat.
3. For planned reheat of rice store in fridge while still warm or hot. Will trap steam and make it more moist on reheat. On reheat cover container with damp paper towel. This resteams the rice and it comes out perfect every time. 1-1.5 cups nuked for 2 minutes.
4. Steamed rice is easier to prep than cooked rice. For a cheap option buy a $10 rice steameroff Amazon that goes in microwave. For better option invest $100 in good rice cooker. Press a button and let it go til it rings. Prep your other foods in the meantime. Perfectrice evey time. These cookers can do white or brown rice its a worthwhile investment.

Dont mean to clutter your thread hope this suggestion helps for easy prep of both your meals. I know how fun prepping meals for two dedicated folks can be. Good luck over the next 7 weeks. Looking forward to your progress.

That makes buying one worth everything.

Flex, thanks for sharing your prep with us. I wish you the best in your endeavor.

Is cream of corn, grits? Grits are basically just corn....

Grits are great. Good question. I never heard of cream of corn per se, so I am wondering what he means. Hopefully, he can explain :)

Is cream of corn, grits? Grits are basically just corn....

Acutally they are two different things. If memory serves me right, cream of corn has a bit of milk in it. Its sort of smashed a little bit, hence the name cream of corn.
Grits is dried corn milled. or hominy.. i hate hominy. yuk.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131