over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My diet at 7 weeks out

Are you getting excited for the JrUsa's. I heard you might have some stiff competition from another board member;)

Flex,
Can you illustrate how your diet looks now? You dont have to necessarily go station to station with how it has changed...but just how it looks currently? If not, I understand but would be cool to see how different it may be after 5 weeks.

Flex,
Can you illustrate how your diet looks now? You dont have to necessarily go station to station with how it has changed...but just how it looks currently? If not, I understand but would be cool to see how different it may be after 5 weeks.

No problem Brother. I just went back and looked at things. I am now two weeks out. The ONLY difference to my diet at this point is that carbohydrate portions have lowered from 30g to 20g per meal. Proteins and fats (sources as well as amounts) are exactly the same as they were at 7 weeks out. So it's really not a whole lot different at all. And this is generally the way that I diet for shows. It's mostly about carb manipulation once we find the sweet spot for protein and fats.

We are keeping careful tabs on my weight and my conditioning at this point. We have been doing a high-carb refeed if my weight drops too much. For instance, last week I dropped 6 lbs in two days, prompting us to increase carbs by 2.5x for a day, which brought my weight right back up.

How has your cardio fluctuated, if you can say? I've I read correctly, you were down to zero cardio at 7 weeks?

How has your cardio fluctuated, if you can say? I've I read correctly, you were down to zero cardio at 7 weeks?

Cardio has gone up and down a bit over the weeks. It was down to zero for a while, then up to 35 minutes per day, then up to 45 minutes per day. It's currently back to 35 minutes per day again. We keep very close track of everything, I'm updating Shelby in the morning every couple of days at this point.

How much are you weighing now and what will be your approximate stage weight?

Keep it up :)

Great Diet...thanks for sharing. Good to see what others do for dieting.

What do you use to stave off the hunger pains?

I know Shelby recommends green tea but I can only have so much and I was starving at 3000 cals.. my first prep with him is going to suck and something I will have to prepare myself for. (I had huge binges on peanut butter the last time)

Also for oatmeal, when Shelby had me at 6600 cals, about 500 of the carbs came from oats, (they are the cheapest form I could find) but the gas at night was horrible, especially for the gf... like bedroom clearing.. I think she went through a couple of bottles of perfume like sprays.

Do you feel that oats make you hold water more? I get that you enjoy them and that you dont get stomach issues (same here on both accounts), but I've heard people switching to fruits lose some of the water bloat.

Thanks man

Awesome diet, thanks for posting!

oats digest much slower, that may very well be his strategy, but why..??

This is a common misconception. The carbohydrates in oats are actually fast digesting compared to most other slow digesting carbs. The reason oats show a low glycemic index is because of the protein and fat contained in them.

If you could somehow isolate just the carbohydrates in oatmeal, they would have a high glycemic index compared, to say, sweet potatoes...

How much are you weighing now and what will be your approximate stage weight?

Keep it up :)

I was 216 this morning, 15 days out. Not sure what I will be show day, maybe somewhere in the 210 range.

What do you use to stave off the hunger pains?

I know Shelby recommends green tea but I can only have so much and I was starving at 3000 cals.. my first prep with him is going to suck and something I will have to prepare myself for. (I had huge binges on peanut butter the last time)

Also for oatmeal, when Shelby had me at 6600 cals, about 500 of the carbs came from oats, (they are the cheapest form I could find) but the gas at night was horrible, especially for the gf... like bedroom clearing.. I think she went through a couple of bottles of perfume like sprays.

Do you feel that oats make you hold water more? I get that you enjoy them and that you dont get stomach issues (same here on both accounts), but I've heard people switching to fruits lose some of the water bloat.

Thanks man

Dealer with hunger pains is a matter of willpower. No matter how hungry I get, there's absolutely ZERO chance of me ever binging on anything. I just deal with it. It's part of the game.

As for the oats, I don't feel that that make me hold more water really. I do switch them out for white rice in the few days right before a show just in case though. I tend to avoid fruit at this point in prep, trying to keep blood sugar as stable as possible.

I guess you have no competition from fellow members.

Brother, I only worry about myself and the package I'm bringing. I welcome all competition but I will never compare myself to anyone else during prep.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear