over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My doc sucks

method2madness

Registered
I'm going to switch primary care doc for a variety of reasons but the primary reason is that I've been feeling all the classic symptoms of low testosterone. I've been training for thirty years and am in good health but my diet is solid and training regimen is consistent, yet my free test came back at 30. He said that was high but I'm of the opinion that is average at best. On top of this he simply refuses to consider that my levels are dropping as a result of age plus stress, etc.. So what do you guys think, are my levels low, average??? any thoughts are welcome.
Peace
:cool:

We need total testosterone, not just free. Low testosterone is generally diagnosed off total testosterone levels.

We need total testosterone, not just free. Low testosterone is generally diagnosed off total testosterone levels.

I did not realize this. I've training for a long time but never had my test levels checked until now. What's a reasonable range of total test? I doing a blood test this weekend and want some kind of idea. Thanks again.

It was my understanding that free test is what matters, not total test...one could have high total test, high estrogen, high shbg, and their free test would be low and theybwouldnt feel that great.

Whether 30 is high or not depends on how free test is listed. Lab Corp uses pg/ml and their range is 8.7-25.1, so if it is listed as pg/ml, it is definitely high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It was my understanding that free test is what matters, not total test...one could have high total test, high estrogen, high shbg, and their free test would be low and theybwouldnt feel that great.

Whether 30 is high or not depends on how free test is listed. Lab Corp uses pg/ml and their range is 8.7-25.1, so if it is listed as pg/ml, it is definitely high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is what doctors always told me since my total test, even before using anything, was always low. They said, don't worry about it, you have high normal free test. I don't think it is that simple. I definitely feel much better on trt.

They just are looking for an excuse to do nothing. They do that same bullshit when you have subclinical hypothyroidism. They say, oh, your body is adjusting for it, you are fine. Again, this is BS. You need to fight for the right treatment, which usually involves finding right doctor.

My levels while on trt. and what I found online

What I found online:
https://www.menshormonalhealth.com/normal-testosterone-levels.html

So about 100 would be normal for your age, for free. Total in the mid 600s.

My last test showed:

total test 892

free test 190.

That is with taking 100 mg/wk. The test was run 48 hours after injection. My doctor thinks that is fine. He is an endo too ,and not part of a male hormone replacement office where I think they are much more liberal.Also, I am 49 years old.

Under 300 for total test is under normal range. Think it depends on doc to.

From a 20year old textbook point of view, it seems like free test would be what matters, but TRT doctors found that total test was a better marker. Now we know that more than just free test is actually bioavailable because SHBG has a membrane receptor, so it turns out the TRT docs were correct.

What I found online:

My last test showed:

total test 892

free test 190.

That is with taking 100 mg/wk. The test was run 48 hours after injection. My doctor thinks that is fine. He is an endo too ,and not part of a male hormone replacement office where I think they are much more liberal.Also, I am 49 years old.

Are you still taking the Humanofort? Humanofort will help with free test levels.

Total test is OK, but you can have a medium level total test with higher free test, so the total is not that important. To much out of range total test will cause many health problems.

My total testosterone levels came back at 2400 and my primary care Dr was fine as he new I was on a small cycle, but my new urologist had a stroke and called me Mr Drugs...horrible bedside manner. I'll be going to a more open minded urologist next time.

What I found online:

My last test showed:

total test 892

free test 190.

thats perfect. even high for our age, 49, but still 95-97th percentile so its ok. i been running way too high numbers for most of 10 years, around 14-1700 total, free in the 2-300 range and i regret it. didnt do anything good for me that 800 wouldnt accomplsh, plus i needed more adex too.

thats perfect. even high for our age, 49, but still 95-97th percentile so its ok. i been running way too high numbers for most of 10 years, around 14-1700 total, free in the 2-300 range and i regret it. didnt do anything good for me that 800 wouldnt accomplsh, plus i needed more adex too.

That was about 48 hours after injection too, when the levels peak. Later in the week it undoubtedly drops some. I feel good all week though.

Tell your doctor you disagree and ask for a referral to an endo.

My total testosterone levels came back at 2400 and my primary care Dr was fine as he new I was on a small cycle, but my new urologist had a stroke and called me Mr Drugs...horrible bedside manner. I'll be going to a more open minded urologist next time.

id tell that fucker to give me a refund for the office visit.

the best thing to do is DO NOT SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SUPPORT YOU!

speak with your wallet in these cases. interview the dr first.
fuck them and there high horses. lol

I think you really put that doctor into a tough position. He cant approve of your usage because then if something goes wrong with you he could find himself liable for medical malpractice.

He didn't have to be so abrupt with you, and could have had better bedside manner for sure.

Might draw an analogy to blood alcohol content. If someone came in to the doctor and was tested to have a BAC of 3x the legal limit, wouldn't the doctor be obliged to say something about it to the patient? Not just sweep it under the rug. There is the Hippocratic oath.

Last edited:
I'm going to switch primary care doc for a variety of reasons but the primary reason is that I've been feeling all the classic symptoms of low testosterone. I've been training for thirty years and am in good health but my diet is solid and training regimen is consistent, yet my free test came back at 30. He said that was high but I'm of the opinion that is average at best. On top of this he simply refuses to consider that my levels are dropping as a result of age plus stress, etc.. So what do you guys think, are my levels low, average??? any thoughts are welcome.
Peace
:cool:

Your on the right path, find a new doctor. Too many options these days. You could even look into one of these rejuvenation/TRT clinics. They are usually more than eager to help you if you can afford their cost.

Lots of great input here and a lot to think about. I've already decided to talk to a new doc, one that I know has worked with a couple of friends of mine. They got TRT test scripts. I'm not saying it is guaranteed for me, just saying that I know this doc will be more open minded with a guy like me in is 40's. I'm going to schedule an appointment hopefully this week and take it from there. Thanks for all the advice/input.
Peace:cool:

Just got a script for pharm grade test cyp from my new doc. My bloods came back very good with my total test in the low 400's. But seing as how I have almost no libido and everything else looks normal the doc was cool with starting me out at 100mg every two weeks. I'm excited to see/feel the effects of trt, having only ever done cycles and come off over the course of the past 20 years.

Just got a script for pharm grade test cyp from my new doc. My bloods came back very good with my total test in the low 400's. But seing as how I have almost no libido and everything else looks normal the doc was cool with starting me out at 100mg every two weeks. I'm excited to see/feel the effects of trt, having only ever done cycles and come off over the course of the past 20 years.

100 mg once every two weeks? You mean 200 mg once every two weeks I would assume? If not, then you are averaging only 50 mg/wk and that would probably put your total test at around 425 or so which isn't much higher than you are now natural. Once a week injections are superior to once every two weeks too. Press the doc to prescribe enough syringes to get 3 months worth of injections, 12. THe test I get comes in 1 ml vials, so I get 6 vials for the 3 months.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws