YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My dog bit the neighbors dog. Anyone have this experience.

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
This is a sad story. But no dog died. :) I take 2 of my dogs on car rides all the time. My pug is a homebody and doesn't like the car. So one night I get home from the supermarket with 2 of my dogs. A rotty and an old 45lb mutt. I pull into my driveway and open the car door so my dogs can run to the front door and go inside. But it's a dark night and I didn't see that one of the neighborhood dogs was in my front yard. So as my dogs were racing for the front dog, this small fluffy dog starts barking at my dogs. Startling the dogs and me. So my dogs turn and attack this cute fluffy dog. If I wasnt right there to pull off my dog it would have been killed. But it was torn up. It was a horrible thing to witness. So I brought my dogs in and went over to the dog house. It was on their front steps. They always just open the door and let it out to run free. So I ring he door bell, the woman answers, let's the og in and slams the door. Hmmm. About an hour later she is at my door. She took her dog to an emergency room vet and got estimate for $1,482. I paid it and she left. I was still very upset and felt bad, plus I have a rotty, who is actually extremely sweet, just a fluke thing here. I just wanted it over and to continue my good standing in the neighborhood. So 10 days pass and he husband comes over and tells me the vet bill went to $4,800. Huh? This is a Podunk vet, and there was no internal damage to the dog. Unfortunately I have paid for several major surgeries on my pets at the Animal Medical Center in manhattan. Cornell university vet school. As good as the get. It never cost me more than $3,000. How does a vet in the suburbs of Atlanta run up nearly $5k? The vet is a crook,and the dog owner didn't care cuz he thought I was paying. Wrong. I told him no. But I submitted it to my insurance company just to see if he can get some money. My insurance company, the same as his by the way, said he was at fault for letting his dog run free and I shouldn't have paid him anything. They also said Georgia views pets as property and the maximum liability for a dog is the value of the dog. Which is approximately zero. Any how I think I'm just venting here, but he is threatening to sue. I saw him 2 days ago and laughed at him and told him good luck. He's going psychotic. I just don't want him to do anything stupid and force me to defend myself or my dogs or my kids. Anyone out there have a dog bite issue?

Last edited:
Same thing happend with my Pit and neighbors dog. Thank god the guy used to have pits he didn't make to big of a deal out of it..

But the guy can do whatever he want's. His dog was in you're yard so it's his fault, you're dogs are doing what they are supposed to do. If he is dumb enough to come over and start messing with your family or dogs beat his ass. Can't believe he would even be mad at you about it..His dog was in you're yard. Don't stress it.

If he files suit your insurance company will still provide a defense. With the state law being pretty clear they may file a motion for a summary judgment, depending on the allegations.

If he files suit your insurance company should still provide a defense for you.

People file suit all the time where the law is clearly against them.

With the state law being pretty clear they may file a motion for a summary judgment, depending on the allegations.

If he files suit your insurance company should still provide a defense for you.

People file suit all the time where the law is clearly against them.

With the state law being pretty clear they may file a motion for a summary judgment, depending on the allegations.

Agreed.

I wouldn't of paid him anything. His dog was in your yard. Your dog did what it was suppose to.

I believe laws vary from state to state w/regards to that type of situation. My sweet girl(pit mix) rolls over for anyone I say she can but I've removed 2 dead decapitated skunks and saved 2 coons from her solely on my own...She actually scared off would be thieves in the middle of the night and did all but hurt potential dudes that looked like threats to my gf...The other just antagonizes even though he'd be the best police dog...trust me, no doubt.;)

My advice is to make nice, threaten with LE, or ignore...maybe get neighbors on your side. It's not fun but, it's worked for me so far. My dogs are now loved by all neighbors except the crazy old bag I neglected to associate with.

Feel free to pm me with any advice I can help out with man. Both of mine have pit in them...The female has wiemeriner(sp?) and the other has german shepard in em. They do what I say w/zero physical correction. Their best friend besides me is a harbor police man, his wife and a featherless parrot.:D

One or two fingers to the neck lays either of them on their side in submission w/out question from me...Takes time and days but it works and if I say, "No!" they, respect it and are out of the red zone of any attack.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear