advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My dogs don't get along.... what should I do?

Put him down h8t3d...That is on you 'vick.' You send the pup to somebody like me that is cool calm and collected dude. Pm me if you wish.

Put him down h8t3d...That is on you 'vick.' You send the pup to somebody like me that is cool calm and collected dude. Pm me if you wish.
I dont want to put him down. You would be willing to take on a 6yr old dog that has 5 bites under his belt? If so, I will absolutely consider this bro, seriously. And it would be nice to know someone from PM has him, so I could always check in with you to see how hes doing. Well if thats the case, let me do some thinking, because its a very hard descision for me to make.....

I dont want to put him down. You would be willing to take on a 6yr old dog that has 5 bites under his belt? If so, I will absolutely consider this bro, seriously. And it would be nice to know someone from PM has him, so I could always check in with you to see how hes doing. Well if thats the case, let me do some thinking, because its a very hard descision for me to make.....
I've taken on worse.
There are actually people like myself that know exactly how to handle the pup...That is all it is...It's simple when you know how...Some just don't realize it and a life is put down...That is all...pm me or another for help. If I can't handle the pup, I call in Cesar...No shit...He is an hour from me. If he's not available that day, I find another avenue...If I don't have the time, I find somebody that does.

I've taken on worse.
There are actually people like myself that know exactly how to handle the pup...That is all it is...It's simple when you know how...Some just don't realize it and a life is put down...That is all...pm me or another for help. If I can't handle the pup, I call in Cesar...No shit...He is an hour from me. If he's not available that day, I find another avenue...If I don't have the time, I find somebody that does.
Great post!! YGM!

Back at ya.

i hope all goes well man ,i hate to see any animal put down.tyrone your the man bro,im sure the dog will thank you.

My 2 cents

The lion's share of the population today would dump this poor animal in a dumpster or call the pound to come get him cause he's "vicious". That dog would already be smoke in the driveway for most people, sad but true. I commend you for your intentions.

That's all I can say cause I don't have an answer, other than if the purebred is friendly, and pure bred, you would have a much better chance finding a home for him, because purebred pits are very popular. Older mixed breeds are a dime a thousand, ones that are meas are a dime a million, sadly. He was there first, he is the alpha, so he is rightfully defending his territory.

Well I live in Pittsburgh and pitt and mixes are very popular here. I'll see if I can find someone that would have interest. I know a few people that live out in the country were a dog like this wouldn't run into anybody and would have lots of room to run. I asked 3 already but no bite yet.lol Put up a few good pics if you have them so I can show what the dog looks like. Its too bad your not trying to get rid of the blue pitt cause that dog would be really easy to get rid off. Blues seem to be really popular right now.

The lion's share of the population today would dump this poor animal in a dumpster or call the pound to come get him cause he's "vicious". That dog would already be smoke in the driveway for most people, sad but true. I commend you for your intentions.
I do have to give props for the OP at least trying to solve the problem. To many owners have "thrown out" troubled dogs. At least he was trying to find a solution to the problem, not resolving it the way many do.

I do have to give props for the OP at least trying to solve the problem. To many owners have "thrown out" troubled dogs. At least he was trying to find a solution to the problem, not resolving it the way many do.
Thanks you. Its actually really hard for me..... but im sure it will work out for the better. I have faith

Well I live in Pittsburgh and pitt and mixes are very popular here. I'll see if I can find someone that would have interest. I know a few people that live out in the country were a dog like this wouldn't run into anybody and would have lots of room to run. I asked 3 already but no bite yet.lol Put up a few good pics if you have them so I can show what the dog looks like. Its too bad your not trying to get rid of the blue pitt cause that dog would be really easy to get rid off. Blues seem to be really popular right now.
I really appreciate you putting the word out man. I will take some pics today, and post em up.

Here's the thing that kinda bugged me. You title to the thread as "my dogs don't get along" and you went into how they interact and mentioned putting them down. The only time you mentioned a human being bitten hen someone tried to break them up and stuck there hand into a dog fight, and that is quite a bit different than a dog actually trying to bite a person.

It wasn't till everyone got upset with you about you talking about putting the dog don that you brought up the dog as a "people biter"

I always get suspect when a story changes.

Either way I am glad you are reaching out to find a solution.

Here's the thing that kinda bugged me. You title to the thread as "my dogs don't get along" and you went into how they interact and mentioned putting them down. The only time you mentioned a human being bitten hen someone tried to break them up and stuck there hand into a dog fight, and that is quite a bit different than a dog actually trying to bite a person.

It wasn't till everyone got upset with you about you talking about putting the dog don that you brought up the dog as a "people biter"

I always get suspect when a story changes.

Either way I am glad you are reaching out to find a solution.
I mentioned he bites (females only) in my first post.

Give the dog to someone who can manage (like Tyrone), or a no kill shelter. You alleviate your problem, the dog doesn't get harmed. There are people that can handle dogs like that, but those people are experienced dog handlers and trainers, with time to devote to managing the dog. I know, I live and work with rescued Akitas, one of the toughest breeds period. But as described, I have the time and training skills necessary to do it, and that is how I can manage.

Don't do anything!!!

Keep him. Lets say you are in a group "pack of guys" and somebody comes up messing with you everyone steps back your the leader. This dog is only doing what it has been doing for 1000's of years. He is the pack leader because nobody else is stepping up. You may not have alot of time or money to devote, but if you call the right person to direct you to be the pack leader you will be just fine. It's biting females because it's looking at them as weak.

Ty was right you need to take this guy on. I DON"T MEAN BEAT OR STRIKE HIM! There are certain parts of the body when you put them on thier side you hold. I have an Alpha Female she thought she was the pack leader snipping at my Fiance and my male. They are brother & sister pit's I use a Stern voice "NO'' lay her on her side until submission and she is fine. I had to have my Finance do it to. A womens voice sometimes is not "Vierce'' enough but now she says it with Authority and they listen.

You can do this man. If you can Diet, Train,etc. You can do this.:headbang:

I have some experience with this. I have a bouvier and a chow/retriever mix. about 2 years after i got the bouvier, i rescued the mix because i thought my cocker spaniel was going to die (ended up living to be over 18 years before we had to put it down). the mix was probably beaten before we rescued him, because he was a little apprehensive and shy, hates when people wear hats, and hates most black people. In the first year or 2, they would constantly fight, the only way to get them seperated was to drag them and throw them into the pool. it took persistence and dominance to show the dogs that they werent boss, but instead my family and i was. obedience school really helps, but at 6 years it may be too late for that. another thing we did was have a choker collar on them, as well as a 4-5 foot leash attached, that way if they did fight i could pull them apart. Now, the dogs dont fight at all. the chow is very vocal, but a sweetheart at the same time. it takes persistence and dominance(not abuse) on your part to fix this. Also, food can be your greatest tool.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131