over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Expensive CoQ10 vs Ubiquinol Experiment

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
Everyone is tired of your puerile feud with Mike Arnold - it was completely unnecessary to reference here. Knock it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're correct. It was rather foolish (if that's your definition of puerile) of I to use Mr. Arnold's fragmentary posts to the relevancy of this thread. Rather childlike-uh?

You have a new self-proclaimed shilling neurochemist on the board--chase the messiah, as he's the leader-of-truth.

It's time I leave this board, peace :)

My EF has slowly been going up the past 6 years. The first 2 years after my heart attack it was going nowhere while taking CO Q10. Then I started taking Ubquinol and Humanofort and EF has gone up from below 20% to between 25%-30%. So I am up probably 5-10%. I take 400 mg/day Ubquinol. 200 mg in morning and 200 at bed.

Emeric has mentioned me a few times about Humanofort. It looks interesting but it's quite expensive and I just haven't seen enough evidence to justify it. He also sent me some very long papers he wanted my cardiologist to read but I knew he would never actually read them for me. It was hard enough to get him to read through a short study on CoQ10 for me.

I understand the theoretical benefits of Humanofort, but to my understanding there aren't a lot of studies showing real world benefits on the heart.

Where are you guys finding the best deals on ubiquinol? I know it's probably something I need to get back on, regardless of price tag though.

I just stick to Jarrows. Most prices seem to be similar from the reputable brands.

Life extension brand is also good. It actually comes with another ingredient that emeric recommends.

It was hard enough to get him to read through a short study on CoQ10 for me.

What a sad state of affairs that we actually need to teach cardiologists about ubiquinol

You're correct. It was rather foolish (if that's your definition of puerile) of I to use Mr. Arnold's fragmentary posts to the relevancy of this thread. Rather childlike-uh?

You have a new self-proclaimed shilling neurochemist on the board--chase the messiah, as he's the leader-of-truth.

I hope you're not serious. Your posts are some of the most informative this forum has, I think 99% of users' click into certain threads simply because they see you've made a post. Ignore the assholes, you have a plethora of loyal listeners on this forum and it would be devastating to lose your knowledge.

I guess this also shows that normal coq10 does boost levels from baseline to near the top end of the range - which is good enough for most I would assume unless there is a reason you need it higher.

I hope you're not serious. Your posts are some of the most informative this forum has, I think 99% of users' click into certain threads simply because they see you've made a post. Ignore the assholes, you have a plethora of loyal listeners on this forum and it would be devastating to lose your knowledge.

I think (hope?) he was being sarcastic!

What a sad state of affairs that we actually need to teach cardiologists about ubiquinol

That is cause the original poster is fixated on the wrong things. I know people here are scared about Ejection fraction but there is a lot more to the heart than simply the ejection fraction. There is not any significant difference in EF of 55%,60%,65% and there is a lot of interpreter variability. Three cardiologist can look at the same echo and come up with three totally different ejection fractions. It is not an exact science.

Moreover someone with an Ejection fraction of 65% can have severe heart failure and someone with an ejection fraction of 50% can have a completely normal heart.

I dont blame the cardiologist one bit for not spending the time to read the CoQ10 study. If every tom dick and harry started bringing in studies expecting the doctor to read it, he would be there all day and see 6 patients. I do blame him for not talking to the patient and easing his concerns.

That is cause the original poster is fixated on the wrong things. I know people here are scared about Ejection fraction but there is a lot more to the heart than simply the ejection fraction. There is not any significant difference in EF of 55%,60%,65% and there is a lot of interpreter variability. Three cardiologist can look at the same echo and come up with three totally different ejection fractions. It is not an exact science.

Moreover someone with an Ejection fraction of 65% can have severe heart failure and someone with an ejection fraction of 50% can have a completely normal heart.

I dont blame the cardiologist one bit for not spending the time to read the CoQ10 study. If every tom dick and harry started bringing in studies expecting the doctor to read it, he would be there all day and see 6 patients. I do blame him for not talking to the patient and easing his concerns.

I've heard pretty much the same info about EF, but come on, a cardiologist who never heard of ubiquinol is negligent, plain and simple. It does a variety of things besides just EF. He should already be aware of it and not have to read a study a patient brings in.

I've heard pretty much the same info about EF, but come on, a cardiologist who never heard of ubiquinol is negligent, plain and simple. It does a variety of things besides just EF. He should already be aware of it and not have to read a study a patient brings in.

The thing is he is probably aware of it, maybe not in the depth or detail that you guys are aware of it. But the last consensus in medical community regarding CoQ 10 was the verdict is still up in the air. it may have SOME benefit, but nothing super significant. There are probably few cardiologist that swear by it but they are probably outliers and the average cardiologist will try to focus on things that can give their patient the most bang for their buck.

Nothuman and Grenada, you are both right.

My doctor did know was CoQ10 was. Of all the supplements I mentioned to him, that was the one he said may have some benefit. I do think he should have more knowledge on the subject, however I cannot blame him entirely and if one of my patients came to me with some random studies I would not be surprised if I just assumed they were someone who spent 10min on Google and thought they knew everything, as is often the case. Keep in mind most doctors are not dealing with patients who are very well versed in health like many on this board.

I guess this also shows that normal coq10 does boost levels from baseline to near the top end of the range - which is good enough for most I would assume unless there is a reason you need it higher.

Keep in mind it took 500mg per day of it to get to that level though. Also, that was Qsorb which is supposedly more bioavailable than regular CoQ10. I would imagine a normal 1-200mg dose of regular CoQ10 would not do a whole lot

I'd reproach Mike in the same way the same behavior. Go with God, Stewie, go with God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i take between 250-400mg pretty much every day. i recall reading a Muscle and Fitness Japanese study that stated 300mg was all that was necessary for making the CoQ10 a bonus to your workouts and health. i laugh when i see some of the store CoQ10 products with 50mg dosages.

"found that the subjects taking 300 mg of Co-Q10 experienced less fatigue during the exercise and they recovered faster between bouts of exercise. Although this was an aerobic-exercise study, it has implications for bodybuilders. The reduced fatigue afforded by the CoQ10 supplement suggests that adding CoQ10 to your supplement regimen can help you get more reps on higher rep sets, especially late in your workout."

"Australian researchers discovered that subjects taking 300 mg of CoQ10 for 4 weeks experienced an increase in the amount of fast-twitch muscle fibers without even training."

"You may want to make sure those meals include a cup of grapefruit juice. Japanese scientists discovered that uptake of CoQ10 is enhanced when taken with grapefruit juice, which acts on a certain protein in the digestive tract to allow for a higher absorption of CoQ10."

Articles : Jim Stoppani, Ph.D.

Uh... depending on what else you are taking. !@!!

"I still prefer idebonone over the above 2 if only picking one but understand they all work a little different pathways and each have their own thing their better at although similar compounds."

It would be interesting to see how Idebenone faired with this same test, milligram for milligram.

Pumped340

Thanks for posting your results here. I'm on 200 mg of ubiquinol per day and I'm healthy with no heart issues. It's good to know that its worthwhile.

thanks for this. its great to see someone doing an experiment like that. my doc told me i had an ejection fraction of 52 or 53.. i forget, but ive been taking jarrow ubiquinol for a few months now.

No... Please!

Nothuman and Grenada, you are both right.

My doctor did know was CoQ10 was. Of all the supplements I mentioned to him, that was the one he said may have some benefit. I do think he should have more knowledge on the subject, however I cannot blame him entirely and if one of my patients came to me with some random studies I would not be surprised if I just assumed they were someone who spent 10min on Google and thought they knew everything, as is often the case. Keep in mind most doctors are not dealing with patients who are very well versed in health like many on this board.

Keep in mind it took 500mg per day of it to get to that level though. Also, that was Qsorb which is supposedly more bioavailable than regular CoQ10. I would imagine a normal 1-200mg dose of regular CoQ10 would not do a whole lot

pumped u said when one of your patients came to u... Are u a doctor as well ? if so what field

pumped u said when one of your patients came to u... Are u a doctor as well ? if so what field

Right now I am in hospital rotation for oral surgery, but I likely may just do general dentistry (DDS, Doctor of Dental Surgery) in which case, according to The Hangover, I will not be a real doctor :D lol both are great options so we will see how the next year plays out.

Wow I only take 100mg Jarrows Ubiquinol per day with shilajit fulvic acid complex. Seems like 100mg isn't even close to enough.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131