over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Experience With Weight Gain

RazorCuts

Registered
My Experience With Weight Gain
by Anthony Ditillo

To me, gaining weight is a relatively simple matter. You merely ingest more nutrients than you use. This results in a backlog of unused matter which results in an increase of bodyweight. The more good, high quality protein you eat, the more solid muscle gains you will make. It's as simple as that. And yet somehow many of you fellows fall by the wayside somewhere along the line. There are many different reasons for this which in the course of this discussion I hope to point out for your benefit.

Many, many times I have received a request fro an interested trainee who is desirous of gaining additional weight and claims that he is writing to do anything that is necessary to make such gains. Nine times out of ten, after I go through the trouble of writing up a weight gaining routine and diet, I never receive a reply from this fellow again. What happens? Where did I go wrong? Well fellows, I believe it is the lack of training drive, the lack of ability to change one's daily patterns or work, recreation and rest, and also the lack of drive to work really hard and long at the task at hand, that is responsible for most of these fellows giving up and calling it quits.

To gain weight yo must force yourself to continually ingest more and more nutritious food. Whether you prefer liquid to solids is up to you. I myself prefer to combine both these methods of force-feeding in order to guarantee a steady increase of nutritious material constantly coursing through my body. The good points involved in and increase of liquid nutrition are that the body can absorb this form of food more easily and quickly and it does not bloat the body to too great an extent. Since I have always had a good appetite, I prefer solid food to liquids. But if you do not have an appetite which will allow you to eat enough food to gain on, I would greatly advise you to use one of the many high protein concoctions which are advertise everywhere today.

While it is of the utmost importance to be sure that you get enough protein in your daily diet, we must not do away with the importance of the carbohydrates and fats which must be used also in a weight gaining diet. You see, if you eat only protein foods you will not have any energy producing nutrients in your body for your everyday normal needs, let alone your barbell workouts. This means that the proteins that your body should be using for building muscles will be used for producing energy. This is not too good a situation. How then will you be sure that you are eating enough protein to grow on? the answer is: You won't!

In my opinion, the best sources of natural carbohydrates would be the following: fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, legumes, beans, whole grain products and milk whole grain products and milk (which as a great combination of fats, carbohydrates and protein, in itself). When trying to gain weight be sure to eat frequently of these foods everyday. But don't forget, the most important nutrient in your weight gaining diet would be the protein; you simply will not gain in muscle size without it.

When discussing the factors involved in gaining useful body-weight, we mst also include the saturated and poly-unsaturated fats. These are also energy producers and are needed by the body in order to insure a steady production of energy to last through those hard workouts you must tale. Butter, margarine, vegetable oils, etc. fall into this category, along with heavy and light cream. He sure to include some of these foods in your diet each day when trying to gain weight. This will insure a constant supply of energy for the body.

So, we have come to the conclusion that both liquid nutrition and solid nutrition are necessary in order to constantly increase the amount of food we can consume. We have also come to the conclusion that we need protein, carbohydrates and fats in order to have proper body function.

Today the physical culture world is enveloped with training systems most of which are not worth the paper they are printed on. You hear all kinds of reasons for not being able to gain weight: high metabolism, low metabolism, high energy level, low energy level. What is all the ballyhoo about? If you have low metabolism then your problem would not be on of not being able to gain weight, but of controlling this weight and cutting it up for physique competition. If, on the other hand, you have a high metabolism, then you must perform mass muscle movements in low sets of low repetitions twice a week. You also must continually force yourself to eat more and more good wholesome food. Drink lots of milk. It really makes you grow. Eat lots of lean meat. It's good for you. And don't forget the fruits and vegetables. They're all important.

So you see, it's not all that involved when it comes to gaining weight. All you have to know is what category you fit into, and train and eat accordingly. Instead of taking one multiple vitamin per day, increase to three. Three to four quarts of milk per day, fortified with protein powder and powdered milk will go a long way in increasing you muscle mass. Six to eight meals per day (solid and liquid included) may be necessary in order to jolt your system to adaptability for gaining weight.

All Italian foods are high in calories and loaded with carbohydrates for energy along with quite a bit of protein in the form of grated cheesier, pizza cheese, meatballs, veal's, according to the ingredients.

Our editor, some time ago, wrote an article on gaining weight, and in it he recommended the use of fortified, thick rich soups. Well, my own experience on the subject agrees with him completely. Such a meal is easy to prepare, costs little, tastes fine and is very easy to assimilate. Within it you get a great deal of vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, fats; the very things which we have already discussed and proved necessary for rapid weight gain.

High potency, fortified protein drinks are also very necessary for full weight gain. This website carries many such drinks and there are many to choose from. You merely suit your own taste. These drinks are invaluable in your quest for a more massive body.

I am now about to introduce you to two meals that I have used extensively when trying to gain weight. They enabled me to gain weight at one time, 258 lbs. at a height of 5'6". I hope they work as well for you.

WEIGHT GAINING SOUP

Three cups Campbell's vegetable soup.
One cup fresh peas
One cup fresh corn nibbles
One pound pre boiled lean beef
One cup Campbell's pork & beans
One cup fresh lima beans
One potato (cut up)
Do not add any water to the above recipe. If used as directed it will add greatly to your size.

WEIGHT GAINING DRINK

One quart whole milk
One pint light cream
One pint heavy cream
One pint chocolate ice cream
Two small boxes Knox gelatin
One cup fortified skim milk powdered
Three Tbsp. honey
One small cup fruit salad
One cup protein powder
You need a large mixing bowl or blender for the above drink. I would advise drinking half this mixture an hour before workout. Finish the other half one hour before retiring for the night. Coupled with all the information and suggestions in this article I can't see why anyone cannot gain all the weight he needs. Give it a try, won't you?

Lots of people will claim they will do anything to gain weight but really won't stick to it but you also have to remember that there are also some of us that will. I always thought I could never gain any weight and I asked Jbomb, a member on this site, to write up a diet plan for me and I have been sticking to it for a while now and have gone from about 170 to around 190 right now without any noticeable fat gain. So guys don't stop giving out advice to us young guys/ new guys in the sport because some will actually listen and get great results...I know I have.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws