over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Fascination with inj L-Carnitine

I’m an Injectable L-Carn Newbie. Was doing some reading on it and came across this information.

Any validity to any of these claims?

There is an increased risk of cardiovascular issues such as atherosclerosis with prolonged use of l-carnitine.

L-carnitine is known to interact with thyroid medication, reducing its efficacy.

It increases the efficacy of Warfarin and Acenocoumarol, thereby raising the risk of excessive bleeding or bruising.

This is huge if it messes with your thyroid, especially for those of us that have thyroid issues. I am wondering if that was why mine was low when I was on the NP thyroid and not the Synthroid. We also know about the build-up of the product. Does anyone know the half-life. Is it better to do it daily in smaller amounts when you are on maintenance? Or like I do it. Full amount 3 to 4 times a week.

I’m an Injectable L-Carn Newbie. Was doing some reading on it and came across this information.

Any validity to any of these claims?

There is an increased risk of cardiovascular issues such as atherosclerosis with prolonged use of l-carnitine.

L-carnitine is known to interact with thyroid medication, reducing its efficacy.

It increases the efficacy of Warfarin and Acenocoumarol, thereby raising the risk of excessive bleeding or bruising.

I did a quick search and it appears the dangers of Carnitine re: atherosclerosis come about when Carnitine is orally ingested and metabolized in the gut

I don't know if it was in this thread of one of the several others but I think the common consensus was that it was only an issue with high dose oral use of L-Carnitine powder.
I could be completely wrong but that seems to come to mind
It appears so, see the link above

Although there is some conflicting data even on that point

And it appears there was a study done because certain scientists thought it would actually help (though no results have been posted)

Re: SubQ. Just for the heck of it.

Just injected 1/2 ml of 500mg/ml L-carn into flank. I’m pretty lean. (10-11%) 30minutes ago.

I didn’t die. lol. Zero pain “today”.

Will keep ya posted.

Re: SubQ. Just for the heck of it.

Just injected 1/2 ml of 500mg/ml L-carn into flank. I’m pretty lean. (10-11%) 30minutes ago.

I didn’t die. lol. Zero pain “today”.

Will keep ya posted.
I injected 2ml of 1g/ml carnitine, subq into the left side of my stomach last night.

No pain at first. Stung a little bit afterwards. Looked/felt fine about an hour later.

Dang bro. You got some 1g/mg? Share the love lol. Nice!

Good to hear.

Dang bro. You got some 1g/mg? Share the love lol. Nice!

Good to hear.
Yeah just bought carnitine base powder and mixed it with distilled water and filtered it. Very easy process.

Ok I don't feel like the fact that is is used by the medical community as a treatment for hyperthyroidism has been adequately addressed here. I don't have a good understanding of what the effects on the thyroid are, Stewie explained somewhat, but I'm still left unclear.
Some of the literature seems to suggest that it just counteracts the destroying effects of the hyper state, but I'm not clear on if there is an actual effect on thyroid hormones or not.

I'm a fatty by genes, and have a LONG family history of thyroid issues, so I'd rather not fuck it up prematurely.

edit: I've read the whole thread over the last few days.

Ok I don't feel like the fact that is is used by the medical community as a treatment for hyperthyroidism has been adequately addressed here. I don't have a good understanding of what the effects on the thyroid are, Stewie explained somewhat, but I'm still left unclear.
Some of the literature seems to suggest that it just counteracts the destroying effects of the hyper state, but I'm not clear on if there is an actual effect on thyroid hormones or not.

I'm a fatty by genes, and have a LONG family history of thyroid issues, so I'd rather not fuck it up prematurely.

edit: I've read the whole thread over the last few days.
Screenshot_20210809-145452_Drive.jpg

Do they actually advertise it as base? Last I checked they had tartrate then a l-carnitine with no mention of a salt or that it was the freebase.

Legit lab supply companies are the only ones advertising freebase carn but they are about $4/g with 25g minimum order (which wouldn’t even be a months supply because like you I like 1,000+/daily)

Do they actually advertise it as base? Last I checked they had tartrate then a l-carnitine with no mention of a salt or that it was the freebase.

Legit lab supply companies are the only ones advertising freebase carn but they are about $4/g with 25g minimum order (which wouldn’t even be a months supply because like you I like 1,000+/daily)
Doesn't mix or feel like the tartrate I had...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-172128-913.png
    Screenshot_20210809-172128-913.png
    371.3 KB · Views: 8
Doesn't mix or feel like the tartrate I had...
Oh nice they’re saying base on their homepage. Amazon they weren’t saying that, some lazy person probably just didn’t transcribe descriptions correctly. Good find bro!

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear