over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Fascination with inj L-Carnitine

Damn bro maybe I’m super sensitive 2-3 iu of log with food is no issue but for me fasted and this can even be post workout later in the day if I take 2 iu or more and don’t eat I get the sweats, feel high, dizzy etc and I’ve never let it get further. I have had friends on slin pass out so I cut it but for us it was always a bulking agent the only diabetic drug I use is glucophage. Not saying that you’re method wouldn’t work it would just have me pass out on my way to the gym or if I pinned at gym eating the fucking stepmill lmafo
With doses this low your body would fight itself through it. At least that's what I've always read. Never dated to try it myself either haha.

Question for people using synthetine every day. On rest days, when do you shoot it? I know pre workout is best but I often train right after work and I hate injecting in the bathroom stall at work. So if for instance at breakfast works on off days, maybe I can do that on training days as well?

Damn bro maybe I’m super sensitive 2-3 iu of log with food is no issue but for me fasted and this can even be post workout later in the day if I take 2 iu or more and don’t eat I get the sweats, feel high, dizzy etc and I’ve never let it get further. I have had friends on slin pass out so I cut it but for us it was always a bulking agent the only diabetic drug I use is glucophage. Not saying that you’re method wouldn’t work it would just have me pass out on my way to the gym or if I pinned at gym eating the fucking stepmill lmafo
Haha, I usually just do it to lose that last couple percent of fat I want to use.
I had a coach that had me doing it or I probably won’t have.
I just recently learned about it being beneficial on l carnitine if doing keto.

But yeah if I just bump it 5 iu pre workout and don’t quite time the 50-70 grams of carbs just right I feel it big time and am chomping on chewy Spree candy lol

You don’t rotate and use arms/quads/delts? Just glutes or do u get scar tissue easily?
Well, I hardly use much these days, just very low doses of test mainly, but maybe a slight dose of something else, so it's easy to just break it up to sub-q when volume is low. I've been (or had) been hitting IM since the mid-90's, and after doing it for so long, you grow tired of it (hence the scar tissue and being lazy part, haha). I just hit lower abs sub-q right now, but i've hit like upper glutes as well.

For IM, i've hit everything except calves and chest. Hitting lats was okay for awhile, but i just find no need for it these days. I wasn't a big fan of arm injects, but i never really hit tris much. My favorites are quads, followed by delts if I can get the wife to do it for me, then glutes. Glutes have given me a lot of fits the last decade+, but i hit them if I am doing higher volumes for the added site because they work out better than arms and lats.

I had the wife hit my traps a few times, and it always came out good....but I always felt like I was gonna get the horn at some point by messing with the biull too much, so I stopped doing them. I hit them mainly just s an experiment. I was always too scared to hit calves and chest. lol.

Well, I hardly use much these days, just very low doses of test mainly, but maybe a slight dose of something else, so it's easy to just break it up to sub-q when volume is low. I've been (or had) been hitting IM since the mid-90's, and after doing it for so long, you grow tired of it (hence the scar tissue and being lazy part, haha). I just hit lower abs sub-q right now, but i've hit like upper glutes as well.

For IM, i've hit everything except calves and chest. Hitting lats was okay for awhile, but i just find no need for it these days. I wasn't a big fan of arm injects, but i never really hit tris much. My favorites are quads, followed by delts if I can get the wife to do it for me, then glutes. Glutes have given me a lot of fits the last decade+, but i hit them if I am doing higher volumes for the added site because they work out better than arms and lats.

I had the wife hit my traps a few times, and it always came out good....but I always felt like I was gonna get the horn at some point by messing with the biull too much, so I stopped doing them. I hit them mainly just s an experiment. I was always too scared to hit calves and chest. lol.
Yea chest can be dangerous I’m told and I am too scared for traps. Legs were my fave but after 20 years I ve big triceps and for some reason get no scar tissue in them so that’s why. I dig delts too but some shots I get pip and you can’t shake it bc ur delts are always in use. I hit my calves once, put it in sitting down, stood up and the pain made me puke, I have very dense calves from sports prior to bodybuilding and I’ve had Lee Priest tell me he loved hitting calves except first thing in the morning getting out of bed was hell. How he slept all night anyway I don’t know I’ve never known a bodybuilder to go all night without pissing a few times but maybe he was subdued chemically lol.

Yea chest can be dangerous I’m told and I am too scared for traps. Legs were my fave but after 20 years I ve big triceps and for some reason get no scar tissue in them so that’s why. I dig delts too but some shots I get pip and you can’t shake it bc ur delts are always in use. I hit my calves once, put it in sitting down, stood up and the pain made me puke, I have very dense calves from sports prior to bodybuilding and I’ve had Lee Priest tell me he loved hitting calves except first thing in the morning getting out of bed was hell. How he slept all night anyway I don’t know I’ve never known a bodybuilder to go all night without pissing a few times but maybe he was subdued chemically lol.
Yea, at 46, my experimenting days are pretty much over. I don't see myself ever pushing things again, except maybe here and there on a cutting phase if needed. Delts are tricky like you said because if you are shaky and move the needle around a lot, then PIP can be bad. A lot can do it fine, but I just screwed it up too many times. It's easier when you are lean, but if you are larger/bulking, reach is an issue, for me at least it was, haha. The front part of the delt isn't as hard to hit, but side and rear I always asked the wife to do them if she wasn't in a bad mood. lol. I'm glad i had already read too many horror and pip stories involving calves when I started out, I never felt the need to hit them. Mine too were a stronger point for me from a little genetics and sports as a kid. I tore my right calf at a work event in 2013, and it's noticeable for me, and not as strong as my left....pisses me off. I think it may still be better than most people I see at the gym though...though not elite either by any stretch.

Yea, at 46, my experimenting days are pretty much over. I don't see myself ever pushing things again, except maybe here and there on a cutting phase if needed. Delts are tricky like you said because if you are shaky and move the needle around a lot, then PIP can be bad. A lot can do it fine, but I just screwed it up too many times. It's easier when you are lean, but if you are larger/bulking, reach is an issue, for me at least it was, haha. The front part of the delt isn't as hard to hit, but side and rear I always asked the wife to do them if she wasn't in a bad mood. lol. I'm glad i had already read too many horror and pip stories involving calves when I started out, I never felt the need to hit them. Mine too were a stronger point for me from a little genetics and sports as a kid. I tore my right calf at a work event in 2013, and it's noticeable for me, and not as strong as my left....pisses me off. I think it may still be better than most people I see at the gym though...though not elite either by any stretch.
Yea I’m 43 and still smoke most of the guys getting on stage let alone the gym but just had my first kid so I won’t say that’s gonna change but life goals are no longer get bigger first-everything else next lol I’m gonna drop down from around 300 to the 180s when I was in the Corps I was 154 20 years ago so things vm change life changes, still train like a demon but finally starting to feel it too. Funny the wife thing I think is quite common bc like you I can hit my tris and delts but bc of size the rig goes in at like a 45 degree angle 😂 my stupid ass did the calves bc of what Lee told me, mine are big not freak level but usually the best in my class but I wanted freak level and was told guys with real dense calves are limited by fascia more than others, true or not I dunno but he’s him so I gave it a go 1 calf 1 ml 1 time it felt like I had a knife in my calf which didn’t happen until I stood up. I do think at 46 we can still look great although with a very young baby in the house I’ll admit I look like shit right now but priorities right. Better now than younger as I might have got the priority wrong. Who knows it’s good to hear of other guys in their 40s still grinding without health issues just living the life at a lower volume. So much of the convo over 40 is health issues, which is cool we need to cover that but I still have fun in this game and yea I should be a lot lighter now that I have a kid so I’m working on it but not giving up that feeling in the gym like I can chew up the plates and spit out nails.

@Type-IIx Sorry to tag you but I've noticed a lot of people on these boards go to you for advise as you're well educated in this field.

What is your opinion on injectable L-Carnitine? Do you agree with some users that the more you take the better? I've seen some say they've taken up to 3 grams?

Thanks

@Type-IIx Sorry to tag you but I've noticed a lot of people on these boards go to you for advise as you're well educated in this field.

What is your opinion on injectable L-Carnitine? Do you agree with some users that the more you take the better? I've seen some say they've taken up to 3 grams?

Thanks
My view is that while injection of L-Carnitine likely overcomes its low oral bioavailability, its putative benefits for resistance training (↓pain & muscle damage, metabolic stress & enhanced recovery) are still limited by the carnitine system (i.e., CPT1) regulation in skeletal muscle by malonyl CoA. I believe that the orally bioavailable L-Citrulline+L-Arginine supplements achieve the same benefits, just by a different mechanism (NO synthesis).

My view is that while injection of L-Carnitine likely overcomes its low oral bioavailability, its putative benefits for resistance training (↓pain & muscle damage, metabolic stress & enhanced recovery) are still limited by the carnitine system (i.e., CPT1) regulation in skeletal muscle by malonyl CoA. I believe that the orally bioavailable L-Citrulline+L-Arginine supplements achieve the same benefits, just by a different mechanism (NO synthesis).
NO syn but not enhanced metabolism of fat which is what I like about carn and have achieved great results from over many years both oral and IM

I would recommend people simply seeing for themselves. I read clinical studies all the time and science is everything and it shows what works and what doesn't. There are loads of studies with very positive results that show l-carnitine works but even those are often limited. You have people who don't know how to train and diet making people who are often clueless train and diet whilst using x supplement/drug. Forgetting about the supplement for a second look at some of the actual training studies and watching these researchers go on about training to failure and you actual see what they did and the person is at an RPE of about 6.

L-carnitine is one supplement were part of it's results can be dependant upon how efficiently you train (calories burnt) so it will really shine in the right circumstances. Most (not all) of the studies are not done in a clinical setting so the participants are left to do their thing and follow a training and nutrition plan if it's warranted. Even when their training is observed I doubt most of them are training to full capacity. Although there are many studies with very useful information regarding it's effects on endurance, muscle damage and recovery. Nevertheless, just try it for yourself and add it to a basic program and see if it works for you and what changes (if any) it brings.

I have taken so many things over the years with varied results and l-carnitine injections 100% work and they work very well. It won't give you AAS gains but for what it is and the fact side effects should be at most minimal it's a great tool for bodybuilding. Try ALCAR (or similar) capsules for 1 month and see how that is then try synthetine (l-carnitine) injections for 1 month and compare. It's night and day difference for me in regards to physique benefits with the injections being far superior. I also live on arginine and l-citrulline and take both frequently (l-citrulline at a decent dose every training day for years) but when I add in synthetine it helps change my physique over time so I certainly would class them the same (pick one or the other). In bodybuilding you want to maximize all pathways for optimal results.

I would recommend people simply seeing for themselves. I read clinical studies all the time and science is everything and it shows what works and what doesn't. There are loads of studies with very positive results that show l-carnitine works but even those are often limited. You have people who don't know how to train and diet making people who are often clueless train and diet whilst using x supplement/drug. Forgetting about the supplement for a second look at some of the actual training studies and watching these researchers go on about training to failure and you actual see what they did and the person is at an RPE of about 6.

L-carnitine is one supplement were part of it's results can be dependant upon how efficiently you train (calories burnt) so it will really shine in the right circumstances. Most (not all) of the studies are not done in a clinical setting so the participants are left to do their thing and follow a training and nutrition plan if it's warranted. Even when their training is observed I doubt most of them are training to full capacity. Although there are many studies with very useful information regarding it's effects on endurance, muscle damage and recovery. Nevertheless, just try it for yourself and add it to a basic program and see if it works for you and what changes (if any) it brings.

I have taken so many things over the years with varied results and l-carnitine injections 100% work and they work very well. It won't give you AAS gains but for what it is and the fact side effects should be at most minimal it's a great tool for bodybuilding. Try ALCAR (or similar) capsules for 1 month and see how that is then try synthetine (l-carnitine) injections for 1 month and compare. It's night and day difference for me in regards to physique benefits with the injections being far superior. I also live on arginine and l-citrulline and take both frequently (l-citrulline at a decent dose every training day for years) but when I add in synthetine it helps change my physique over time so I certainly would class them the same (pick one or the other). In bodybuilding you want to maximize all pathways for optimal results.

Thank you that makes sense. The only thing is after reading over 40+ pages everyone is saying different things about dosages....

Some people say take 200mg daily for the long term, some say the magic starts at 1-2grams

I wish there wasn't so many conflicting information. I don't want to waste my l-carnitine injections if I try a low dose of 200mg to 500mg daily

if ur using only l-carnintine for fat loss i would say take 750-1gram daily. split am pm half before fasted cardio, half before weights etc .

if you got other fat burners like clen/t3 etc not sure how much more fat you can liberate each day, perhaps someone can give input that has tried all 3 at the same time?

Reactions: Fat
Thank you that makes sense. The only thing is after reading over 40+ pages everyone is saying different things about dosages....

Some people say take 200mg daily for the long term, some say the magic starts at 1-2grams

I wish there wasn't so many conflicting information. I don't want to waste my l-carnitine injections if I try a low dose of 200mg to 500mg daily

You want at least 400mg. For great results and cost effectiveness 600-1000mg per day. Now over 1000mg will give more results but the laws of diminishing returns will come into play. Things such as weight, budget, goals and response are important factors and they vary person to person. So whilst they are rough guildlines I think when generally speaking those dose ranges are solid imo.

When I use synthetine I usually go with 2.5-5ml so 500-1000mg and that range is great for me. 600mg is much better than 400mg and 1000mg is much better than 600mg. I have used 2000mg and whilst that is better than 1000mg I don't think it's necessary and is overkill. I personally would recommend staying on 200-400mg all year (or most of) and when blasting go with 600-1000mg.

I stay on 200mg daily year round

Thank you guys I will buy some SYNTHETINE and give it a try. I have a couple of questions

1) Can I use 2.5ml into glutes everyday? indefinitely. I am not familiar with other injection sites and I heard because its a water solution it shouldn't be a problem
2) Has anyone noticed faster hair growth, thicker hair?

"Studies have shown that L-carnitine stimulates human hair growth; via its ability to increase proliferation and decrease apoptosis in follicular cells. Carnitine literally increases the energy supply to the hair follicle matrix, which is necessary for the full functioning of potassium channels in hair follicles."

"In a study conducted on balding human hair at the University of Lubeck in Germany, carnitine was shown to promote hair growth, stimulate hair shaft elongation and reduce hair cell death.
According to the study, carnitine was able to produce these effects by boosting the proliferation of follicular keratinocytes – the epidermal cells that produce keratin, which hair strands are made of.It also slowed down cellular death."

Thank you guys I will buy some SYNTHETINE and give it a try. I have a couple of questions

1) Can I use 2.5ml into glutes everyday? indefinitely. I am not familiar with other injection sites and I heard because its a water solution it shouldn't be a problem
2) Has anyone noticed faster hair growth, thicker hair?

"Studies have shown that L-carnitine stimulates human hair growth; via its ability to increase proliferation and decrease apoptosis in follicular cells. Carnitine literally increases the energy supply to the hair follicle matrix, which is necessary for the full functioning of potassium channels in hair follicles."

"In a study conducted on balding human hair at the University of Lubeck in Germany, carnitine was shown to promote hair growth, stimulate hair shaft elongation and reduce hair cell death.
According to the study, carnitine was able to produce these effects by boosting the proliferation of follicular keratinocytes – the epidermal cells that produce keratin, which hair strands are made of.It also slowed down cellular death."

When injecting daily I would recommend rotating inj sites. It is water based and for me causes no pip (even at 5ml) so if you do glutes only you shouldn't have any issues but I would recommend using at least 4 different sites. Now you can use 2 different sites on each glute but I usually go with glutes and delts.

There are quite a few things we use (aas for example) that can cause faster hair growth so I notice that all the time but I personally haven't noticed anymore when using l-carnitine. It must happen because there is a lot of evidence showing it does do that but it's not something I have really noticed because I always assumed it was due to the AAS I was using. I use synthetine most of the year so that would explain why my body seems to get hairier every single year :eek:

Reactions: Fat
if ur using only l-carnintine for fat loss i would say take 750-1gram daily. split am pm half before fasted cardio, half before weights etc .

if you got other fat burners like clen/t3 etc not sure how much more fat you can liberate each day, perhaps someone can give input that has tried all 3 at the same time?
With all three and proper diet you can see visible changes almost daily until you get under 10% roughly and even then it’s still dramatic compared to not using it. However as you get leaner the T3 can become catabolic so you gotta watch that.

@Mike Arnold Are you planning on selling a bioavailable form of L-Carnitine or injectable? what is your thoughts on the compound on the whole? thank you

NO syn but not enhanced metabolism of fat which is what I like about carn and have achieved great results from over many years both oral and IM
What results in particular have you benefited from L-carnitine's increased fat substrate utilitization?

What results in particular have you benefited from L-carnitine's increased fat substrate utilitization?
Well I mean I love lifting have since I started but when I was active duty running and functional training is what we did then one day there was a competition on base with an IFBB guest poser and I was in the gym the next day. I found I loved weights, I always loved training whether it was USMC, basketball, rugby etc I always did way more than my peers but I loved getting pumped but my goal from day 1 was competing and that means being shredded I’ve done a lot of shows well for me 20-30 is a lot and I’ve always been shredded mind you that’s not in my genetics I get fat easy. I never placed out of top 3 or overall my first decade of competing, lost a couple to jail for steroid possession which didn’t help my career but I was a paid sponsored athlete and have always made my living here in the world of BB, training, modeling etc. I’ve used all the non stim and early on stims, I’m now very anti-stim but any way carn, vandal sulfate, chromium I believe they all work to a degree but in a somewhat calorie restricted, I’m more of a macros guy but either way when I take a carn and lots it works more so than the others and it’s like anything else when you know your body you see and feel it. I’ve won shows where the only fat burner I took was carn well and green tea no clen no t3 just carn and have been in various bf test thing like dip tanks where the computer said my bf was 0 or unreadable, now we know I’d be dead if that were true but point is it works and again I’m not an endomorph but I put on far easier than any other successful bodybuilder I’ve known my grandparents were obese we just get fat easy so I’m not a genetic wonder now I do cardio like a motherfucker but I take carn before and I feel like it helps me grind harder. People say the oral doesn’t work and I’ve had some I didn’t like but the Beverly has always worked and I like the im too. I don’t have lab work to show you etc but it’s on my short list of supps I will not go without

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131