over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Fascination with inj L-Carnitine

@mountaindog1 in a podcast today, "3g l carnitine a day". Maybe I'll give it more thought

JM has been a fan of l-carnitine for many years. I recall him posting he was using 2ml synthetine at one point. If it interests you trying inj or oral l-carnitine you should just add it in if your budget permits. Many guys think and think instead of doing and the later is the only way to find out if something works for you. Many experienced guys have posted how legit it is which helps but the only way to know if it works for you is to add it in.

What's the consensus of injectable carnitine for the purpose of androgen receptor upregulation?

Study's show oral works fine. Is injectable superior for this purpose or no? Would it work faster?

What's the consensus of injectable carnitine for the purpose of androgen receptor upregulation?

Study's show oral works fine. Is injectable superior for this purpose or no? Would it work faster?
You would need approximately 4G orally to equal 400mg inject

so I think we agree that 3 cc around 600 mg a day is good. My question is how soon before working out do you take it and if I am using Walmart insulin which one would be the best and how long after taking it do I take the Carnitine? I have been taking 2 iu of fast-acting so I was taking them together right before training. I cannot get that anymore. Last question when I go back to work there will be 4 hours from the time I take the carnitine until I train. Is that too much time to pass? Thank you

If this is correct, why wouldn't people just take half a tables spoon of the powder
I”m trying to find the other video of him using oral carnitine becuase he’s tired of pinning.He uses 4.5G fasted.I will find it.This has good information as well

I'll watch it hopefully it's more than just anecdotal, thanks.

Why would anyone inject carnitine when it negatively affects thyroid hormone functioning? Destroying their body without even knowing it.

In particular, L-carnitine inhibits both triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) entry into the cell nuclei.

Why would anyone inject carnitine when it negatively affects thyroid hormone functioning? Destroying their body without even knowing it.

In particular, L-carnitine inhibits both triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) entry into the cell nuclei.

Did you actually read the study you posted? I suggest you do more research. Lot's of information on the subject. Have you used carnitine before? I have used carnitine on/off for many years and had many blood tests and never had any thyroid issues.

YES INJ IS SUPERIOR! ORAL IS ONLY LIKE 18% BIOAVAILABLE

This is what I've generally round in following that "trail," but it's one that doesn't go very deep, from what I've found.

Have you found any recent work looking at carnitine (used alone) and blood markers?...

It's surprising to me from regulatory standpoint that there would be no feedback inhibition or cellular down regulation of the inhibitor effects of carnitine on T3 action, but taking carnitine in isolation is a modern phenomenon. OTOH, the content of carnitine in meat can be pretty high (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23879010/ Suggests 637mg in 100g of dry matter kangaroo meat, which might be about ~600mg in .4kg or 1lb of fresh meat.)

I suspect the issue of testing this in isolation in cases of thyroid storm or hyperthyroidism of various causes is ethical, as I see other studies using a combination carnitine with drugs that interfere with thyroid output / metabolism (so the effect of L-carn.)

So, would be interested to know from anyone who's got blood work (T4, T3, free, reverse, etc.) with and without high dose L-carn.

In the attached study there was no effect on blood markers in two of three subjects, but subject C seemed to show some reduction in thyroid hormone ("protein bound iodine") and perhaps metabolic rate. There was no mention of diet here, so it could of course be that with reduced hyperthyroid symptoms Subject C's lifestyle changed (less anxious and moving around less... perhaps a nervous eater previously, etc. so that subject's response was reflective of some normal thyroid metabolic regulation.)

This was interesting, too - suggests even a different etiology of the hyperthyroidism in this subject...

"Subject C did not completely follow the
above pattern. Indeed, there was an initial
depression of PBI along with the clinical
improvement; however, his PBI remained
depressed throughout the duration of
carnitine administration. Following the
administration of placebo, a period of
eight weeks elapsed before the signs and
symptoms of hyperthyroidism recurred.
At this point his PBI was elevated to 9.3
micrograms/IOO ml. Since subjects A
and B had a recurrence of their clinical
hyperthyroid manifestations by the end
of the second week, it seems unlikely that
the delay in subject C was due to a variation
in drug effect. The clinical and
laboratory course of subject C can be ex-l
plained if the patient had undergone
spontaneous remission while on carnitine.
The BMR was not significantly lowered
from the pretreatment level in subjects
A and B; however, there was a definite
elevation above the pretreatment levels by
the end of the placebo period. In subject
C, the BMR was lowered after carnitine
administration and remained so until the
eighth week of placebo administration."

-------------

Then there's also the issue of whether there is indeed a relevant effect of long term carnitine on the thyroid hormone driven aspects of metabolism that might undo the impact on fat oxidation over time. Plus the interaction of L-carn on thyroid action in those who are hyper vs. euthyroid. Perhaps the reduction in hyperthyroid symptoms of using L-carn does not reflect the extend of genomic inhibitory actions in those who are not hyperthyroid.

I've also seen that hyperthyroidism can deplete tissue levels of L-carnitine (can find that again I imagine for those interested) so there's another interaction to and possible mechanism at work in treating hyperthryoidism with L-Carn, as well as a reason for those who go high on Thyroid "supplementation" to ensure they've got L-carn in the mix (dietarily a/o via supplementation).

-S

Sorry for the very late reply, Scott. No I sure haven't.

My point-of-view is equally the same as yours. As it may be. I left out the finer details given the literature's thus-far that the antagonistic actions is exclusive to thyrotoxicosis, and not that of euthyroid individuals.

After rereading from the beginning of this thread in regards to the misinterpreted (understandable how this can be interpreted erroneously) citation the individual cited below.

Before I, we, as a whole that participated doesn't have repeat the commentaries, again. Moreso ensuring within this particular thread there's more than enough information to digest suggesting otherwise that supplemental L-carnitine isn't what's being portrayed by that particular citation. Which has been discussed here already. Unless you push the envelope on supplemental levothyroxine-liothyronine in excess- i.e., thyrotoxicosis, hyperthyroidism.

Hope all's well :)

Without sounding abrasive. Please take the time to reread the citation you cited in the full literature format rather than the abstract you posted. As well, start from the beginning of this thread grasping and mentally grappling the indisputable commentaries within.

Whether or not this creates an environment of transitional thoughts to believe otherwise is entirely up to you :)

I can see how my quote below -could- be misinterpreted.

The adjuvant use of L-carnitine if anything will calm the storm by offsetting the "destroying" actions of thyrotoxicosis-hyperthyroidism.

Unless you push the envelope on supplemental levothyroxine-liothyronine in excess- i.e., thyrotoxicosis, hyperthyroidism.

I have noticed a fair bit of water retention with the l carnitine lately...I never have retention but I will go a few days without it and the water goes away...administer it again and boom..waters back

I have noticed a fair bit of water retention with the l carnitine lately...I never have retention but I will go a few days without it and the water goes away...administer it again and boom..waters back
Are you adding carbs or slin when you take the carnitine? This is the first I have heard of this and I have fluid swings with almost anything and have not noticed this ever.

Are you adding carbs or slin when you take the carnitine? This is the first I have heard of this and I have fluid swings with almost anything and have not noticed this ever.
I have some carbs...been taking it for months and then I ended up going EOD by accident for about a week...that’s when it started.

out of all those months I never had bloat...then when I skipped a day or two and got back on I gained the water.

since I posted that I upped it to 2ml a day and the water went away..I was only running 1 ml for a long time

I have some carbs...been taking it for months and then I ended up going EOD by accident for about a week...that’s when it started.

out of all those months I never had bloat...then when I skipped a day or two and got back on I gained the water.

since I posted that I upped it to 2ml a day and the water went away..I was only running 1 ml for a long time

Do you eat the same foods and drink the same amount of water everyday?

One question i've always had with taking humalog with the carnitine...isnt insulin stopping lipolysis?

I've had great results with it myself, but always wondered the science behind this and why or why isnt it stopping lipolysis?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws