advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My firefighter agility test in 2 weeks, tore ACL yesterday...

-TOXIC-

Banned
My luck. I have my firefighter agility test in about 2 weeks and I believe I tore my ACL or something inside the knee. Nothing popped, or snapped, or any 1 specific thing that I can attribute to it happening. Just working on my car for a few hours. Went to bed. Woke up the next morning knee is full of fluid and stiff, hard to bend and hurts in certain positions. Any suggestions? I guess I'm just going to be aggressive with IB Profin to maybe help with the inflammation and wrap the shit out of it the morning of. I have no choice, I have to go through with the test or I don't get picked for a full time position. This is my dream and what Ive always wanted.

Last edited:
My luck. I have my firefighter agility test in about 2 weeks and I believe I tore my ACL or something inside the knee. Nothing popped, or snapped, or any 1 specific thing that I can attribute to it happening. Just working on my car for a few hours. Went to bed. Woke up the next morning knee is full of fluid and stiff, hard to bend and hurts in certain positions. Any suggestions? I guess I'm just going to be aggressive with IB Profin to maybe help with the inflammation and wrap the shit out of it the morning of. I have no choice, I have to go through with the test or I don't get picked for a full time position. This is my dream and what Ive always wanted.

May just be fluid and it can be drained. A little early to say it's an ACL injury with no MRI. Lateral movent is affected by the ACL bending it straight as you described wouldn't be an issue.

Have you been to the doc? I'm a career firefighter, let me know if you have any questions.

That sucks bro but if it didn't pop/shift you didn't blow your acl. I have done it 3 times and had reconstructive surgery each time. Also Lost 20-30% of the cartilage each time. You would know exactly when the acl went. I would take some anti inflammatories, fish oil, ice it, keep moving as long as your not in pain. Applying DMSO topically works wonders for swelling and bruising. Good luck brotha!

Lateral movent is affected by the ACL bending it straight as you described wouldn't be an issue.

I can tell you from extensive experience that the above statement is wrong early post injury...

Not really behind the knee. More like just overall stiffness. No swelling in the back of the knee either. I was on my knees for at least an hour working on my car so its possible but thats the only thing I have in common with the Baker theory in that my knee was compressed for a while.
That sucks bro but if it didn't pop/shift you didn't blow your acl.
I was hoping someone would say this. Yea theres no real reason why its full of fluid or stiff. Just went to sleep, woke up and bam! lol

Last edited:
If you were on your knees I would bet it was the pressure. What happens is you push your patella into the front of the knee joint and it grinds into the cartilage and so on. Shouldn't be a big issue long term. Get the swelling down and it will loosen up. If you have to get a cortisone injection but only if you must...

Could be a tear in the miniscous. Happened to me, knee was fine, went to bed & the next day it was swollen like a balloon.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws