over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My issue with, "It's easy to get a pro card these days."

I just feel bad for Matt Mendenhall.

Matt Mendenhall had some demons chasing him. People around these parts know all about that...well us old guys..I bet Phil knows..

He is an example of somone who COULD HAVE put a just a little extra into it and easily advanced in the sport.

JM

This may be a stupid question, but if bodybuilding is all about h genetics and drugs, what about it exactly makes it a sport?

Matt Mendenhall had some demons chasing him. People around these parts know all about that...well us old guys..I bet Phil knows..

He is an example of somone who COULD HAVE put a just a little extra into it and easily advanced in the sport.

JM

Yes, I understand he had some challenges and/or made some bad choices. I was using him as an example of someone with pro level development (if not conditioning come showtime) whose misfortune was competing in an era when so many other top guys were coming up. I put Edgar Fletcher in that same category.

Well

Yes, I understand he had some challenges and/or made some bad choices. I was using him as an example of someone with pro level development (if not conditioning come showtime) whose misfortune was competing in an era when so many other top guys were coming up. I put Edgar Fletcher in that same category.

Edgar had a good head on his shoulders. Good guy there.

I understand both sides of the argument...my main qualm is with the women's divisions that hand out pro cards to people in 2nd place...wtf is that? I think they do in men's bikini too....at one of the shows.

This is probably the most enlightening series of posts I've ever read since I even got into the whole bodybuilding thing.

And as far what Phil said about guys living like a monk.. After watching the documentary about Kai Greene where he went to Las Vegas to train for 7 weeks in solitude for the Olympia I had some mixed emotions. Initially I was like yeah this guy is devoted and inspiring. But as I thought about it more it just seemed sad and pathetic and a waste of effort because he went into the show looking less impressive than he did when he won the Arnold. I don't know.. I love bodybuilding for what it is on a personal level, but I doubt I'll ever compete very seriously as I have too much to look forward to in life.

Its threads like this that make professionalmuscle different than other forums. This is why I came here. There have been so many worthless posts lately that I was beginning to think the old PM was gone. This thread revived it for me.

Edgar had a good head on his shoulders. Good guy there.

I would never be able to leave any of my kids, unless it was forced. My woman has gotten a little fat, but who the fuck cares! I'm with my kids. She gains about 10 more pounds, then it's a different story, hahaha. No fuck everyone, there's more to life than stupid bullshit.

Pro card?

I've been away from the boards for some time Shelby could u or anybody for that matter tell me what show and class u won your pro card??

Damned enlightening posts here, Phil and everyone. From training, AAS and what it means to be a "Pro" and doesn't mean. Very insightful.

Mountain dog, how did you get the scar tissue if you don't mind me asking

One emergency surgery to save my life, and then 5 other surgeries shortly after. I had my colon/large intestine removed. Was told competing again was completely out of the question..

JM

I understand both sides of the argument...my main qualm is with the women's divisions that hand out pro cards to people in 2nd place...wtf is that? I think they do in [size=+1]men's bikini [/size]too....at one of the shows.

:eek:

:naughty:

This may be a stupid question, but if bodybuilding is all about h genetics and drugs, what about it exactly makes it a sport?

There are plenty of sports where genetics play a huge role...track for example. The greatest sprinters in the world are gifted with great genetics; as far as bodybuilding being a sport it is to us who compete but in the mainstream it is viewed more as a sub culture.;)

It does work for everyone. You tried it for about 3 days before you quit. This is not about who cares or does not care. This is about a professional arguing with an amateur. I truly have no more time to waste on you as I prefer to help people that appreciate it and actually have ability to do something with the knowledge.

I don't really think someone can say their workout produces great results for everyone. The only ppl that would actually believe this would be the naive ppl you were refering to in your soloflex reference. ;) It is impossible to say that one specific workout would provide huge results for everyone or it would have become a widespread phenomenon by now. Best advice I was ever given "A workout is like a asshole everybody has got one.". :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear