over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Journey, From Untrained at Death's Door to Back in the Gym and Much More

Weekly Caloric Net Average = 2450

Waking Blood Pressure = 125/80, Pulse = 85

Average Fasted BG = 166

I have been suffering from frequent daily hypoglycemia for the majority of my decade with diabetes, this causes a lot of swinging from low to high. From time I will go hypo daily. Disrupting my sleep in a pool of sweat followed by a correction in the middle of the night. Factoring in sleep and raise in cortisol naturally and due to the stress of the hypo event, a couple times through the week I will wake up with high blood glucose. The days I do not have these events, I am waking up between 50-100, which I am happy about. I am very limited on my diet due to budget and that is something I am looking to really fine tune to manage my frequent hypos. Essentially my days are a constant struggle to keep my sugar from 60 and below. My body since getting back into the lifestyle is constantly gravitating low, yet I am still dealing with the type 1 issue in lack of insulin production and regulation naturally. This keeps me in a place of fairly high insulin consumption to avoid hyPERs, yet my body gravitating towards hyPOs throughout the day and night because recovery and lifestyle is using blood glucose efficiently. It is such a tight rope. My need to constantly correct and bring my sugar from hypo is why you will see a large amount of sugar in my weekly macro consumption.

I have had a HELL of a few years in regard to health and the U.S healthcare system. Trips to walmart for insulin for the a majority of the time, due to absolute shit coverage and disgusting insulin prices. Generous donations of insulin from people within the country and abroad. I am happy to say I just got covered and the insulin I respond to best is covered. This will help greatly and relieve immense stress. For the past 6 months I have not known where my next pen of insulin or vial of test strips will come from on my last doses. I am proud to say, I have made it work. It really should give the average complainer of a healthy lifestyle being unattainable, perspective.

Here are my week's macros.

Screenshot_20220718-222254_MyFitnessPal.jpg

100 grams of intra sugar? Completely unnecessary

I may have missed it but wondering if you are on any SSRIs and/or other such psychoactive drugs. Also, are you working now or preparing for a new career? I am not an MS so I am a little apprehensive to suggest alterations to your diet macros sicne you ahve worked very hard, I am sure, to time and balance it with your insulin dosing. That said, diabetes runs in my family. The way I try to optimize my health is to keep carbohydrates lower but I have an intact metabolism so my situation differs from yours. On another line, testosterone therapy should aid your diabetes since healthy or even superphysiologic levels will cause your lean tissues to utilize glucose better.

100 grams of intra sugar? Completely unnecessary
Just a way to consume carbs peri-workout, don't claim any specific training benefit. I take a 70/30 insulin that has an intermediate peak and I utilize carbs during training well as opposed to having a meals throughout the day with more carbs. I am shooting for about 400g carb daily, my carbs outside of peri workout are 90% complex.

I may have missed it but wondering if you are on any SSRIs and/or other such psychoactive drugs. Also, are you working now or preparing for a new career? I am not an MS so I am a little apprehensive to suggest alterations to your diet macros sicne you ahve worked very hard, I am sure, to time and balance it with your insulin dosing. That said, diabetes runs in my family. The way I try to optimize my health is to keep carbohydrates lower but I have an intact metabolism so my situation differs from yours. On another line, testosterone therapy should aid your diabetes since healthy or even superphysiologic levels will cause your lean tissues to utilize glucose better.
It's funny you ask that. I have never taken any SSRI'S or psychoactive drugs but, I have chronic depression, anxiety coupled with OCD (I've been able to tame that but, it's flared up recently.) The fact that I have just gotten insurance, I am looking forward to seeing a psych and open to proper medication.

As for my career, at the moment it serves my family unit well to be a full time dad. When myself and my girl were both working full time demanding jobs, myself as a bank manager and her as a hotel manager, we had very little time with our young daughter. We had to scramble to arrange schedules for family to stay with her. I really had an ambition to raise my daughter myself.

I have years of experience working at gyms as a trainer, sports coach to youth and overall have spent about the same amount of time working in gyms as banks. I hate the typical personal training where the common demographic is people who don't truly value a long term healthy lifestyle, it's more a novelty. I feel the time off from that life and in banking, rounded me off well (giving me the business savvy.) I'm likely going to get my certification again and begin to train locally as well as online. I'm currently helping a woman newly diagnosed with diabetes and fighting cancer. I've gotten her A1C from 13 to 8 in about 5 weeks and happy with her progress. I want to work with people to truly formulate a lifestyle conducive to their health and fitness goals.

As for your sentiment regarding testosterone or TRT in relation to my diabetes. I share that sentiment. I will soon get bloodwork and do the most I can lifestyle wise to optimize my situation but when I have put the necessary work in the gym and gotten my physique fully back and much more, I am looking forward to the benefit of hormone therapy.

As for my macros, they are working quite well. The focus is really all about insulin sensitivity and being able to hold a healthy blood glucose. Things like peri-workout carbs and low glycemic for the rest of the day, coupled with glutamine usage (rn I cant afford any extra supps like glutamine unfortunately) which helps my sugar from bottoming out, help me immensely.

Sorry for the long winded response. I appreciate your comment and feel free to share anything you feel. I want this to be a comprehensive log. Would be happy for you to stick around.

It's funny you ask that. I have never taken any SSRI'S or psychoactive drugs but, I have chronic depression, anxiety coupled with OCD (I've been able to tame that but, it's flared up recently.) The fact that I have just gotten insurance, I am looking forward to seeing a psych and open to proper medication.
I am not an MD is what I meant last post. I do have some letters after my name though🙃. I have seen so many poor outcomes with psychoactive drugs including close family members. In my view some of those poor outcomes are more from poor therapists combined with powerful drugs. TRT has been used as treatment for depression. I definitely feel a difference in me with androgen supplementation.

As for my career, at the moment it serves my family unit well to be a full time dad. When myself and my girl were both working full time demanding jobs, myself as a bank manager and her as a hotel manager, we had very little time with our young daughter. We had to scramble to arrange schedules for family to stay with her. I really had an ambition to raise my daughter myself.
The school systems are upside down right now.

I have years of experience working at gyms as a trainer, sports coach to youth and overall have spent about the same amount of time working in gyms as banks. I hate the typical personal training where the common demographic is people who don't truly value a long term healthy lifestyle, it's more a novelty. I feel the time off from that life and in banking, rounded me off well (giving me the business savvy.) I'm likely going to get my certification again and begin to train locally as well as online. I'm currently helping a woman newly diagnosed with diabetes and fighting cancer. I've gotten her A1C from 13 to 8 in about 5 weeks and happy with her progress. I want to work with people to truly formulate a lifestyle conducive to their health and fitness goals.
Work on the side as a trainer works for a lot of folks.

As for your sentiment regarding testosterone or TRT in relation to my diabetes. I share that sentiment. I will soon get bloodwork and do the most I can lifestyle wise to optimize my situation but when I have put the necessary work in the gym and gotten my physique fully back and much more, I am looking forward to the benefit of hormone therapy.

since you're back on track it's just a matter of time, and some experimentation with training nutrition and supplements, to improvement.

As for my macros, they are working quite well. The focus is really all about insulin sensitivity and being able to hold a healthy blood glucose. Things like peri-workout carbs and low glycemic for the rest of the day, coupled with glutamine usage (rn I cant afford any extra supps like glutamine unfortunately) which helps my sugar from bottoming out, help me immensely.
I figured you had a system.

I am not an MD is what I meant last post. I do have some letters after my name though🙃. I have seen so many poor outcomes with psychoactive drugs including close family members. In my view some of those poor outcomes are more from poor therapists combined with powerful drugs. TRT has been used as treatment for depression. I definitely feel a difference in me with androgen supplementation.

The school systems are upside down right now.

Work on the side as a trainer works for a lot of folks.

since you're back on track it's just a matter of time, and some experimentation with training nutrition and supplements, to improvement.

I figured you had a system.
Ah man, in regard to schools, I see that. I have quite the many kids in my family and their situations with school does not have me optimistic. I am in NYC and if I choose to keep my daughter and family here, her path with school will be very specific, if it doesn't go that way I don't know if I want to keep her here. She'll be starting school in a year, so a lot of change will be to come.

Woke up after some decent sleep, I have been dreaming deeply which I feel is a good indicator of quality sleep.

Fasted blood glucose was 85. Did 30 minutes of fasted cardio on my stepper, now sipping on some milk tea, took 5g fish oil plus a baby aspirin.

I will take a day off from the gym today. I will likely begin carb cycling this week and today will be a low day.

Apologies if I missed it - you are diabetic?
Yes, type 1 diabetic. Diagnosed at 18 years old, now 29 years old. I've pretty much been diabetic for the same length of time as I've been weight training.

Since the new year has started (leaving the hell of a job I had in December) I have had the most beneficial time to dedicate to my diabetes. I'd say 90% of the time my blood sugar has been excellent. As I mentioned in a previous post, this past 7 or so months I have not had any consistent source of insulin. Somehow someway I've been able to keep humalog and lantus in my fridge. The 10% of rocky blood sugars has been a few weeks where I could not get my desired insulin and have had to go time without lantus or it's generic alternatives. Morning's of waking up at 4-500mg/dl at low carb intake (not a good time.) I use 70/30 blend more than humalog nowadays as I am trying to improve the frequent hypos. I dose humalog maybe twice a day on average and the same frequency for the 70/30. I take the 70/30 at a high dose for my pre-workout meal and then head out to the gym and take the whole duration of my workout to finish my intra drink. The 70/30 is perfect as it has a peak within 30 minutes but also works along a 6 hour period, covering pre, intra and post workout carbs. I take a bit of humalog if necessary for my post workout meal but usually my sugar is perfect after that implementation at about 70mg/dl.

I prefer that approach in using a lot more long acting insulin than short. Better more consistent control. It isn't easy to find the lifestyle that allows that always.

Yes, type 1 diabetic. Diagnosed at 18 years old, now 29 years old. I've pretty much been diabetic for the same length of time as I've been weight training.

Since the new year has started (leaving the hell of a job I had in December) I have had the most beneficial time to dedicate to my diabetes. I'd say 90% of the time my blood sugar has been excellent. As I mentioned in a previous post, this past 7 or so months I have not had any consistent source of insulin. Somehow someway I've been able to keep humalog and lantus in my fridge. The 10% of rocky blood sugars has been a few weeks where I could not get my desired insulin and have had to go time without lantus or it's generic alternatives. Morning's of waking up at 4-500mg/dl at low carb intake (not a good time.) I use 70/30 blend more than humalog nowadays as I am trying to improve the frequent hypos. I dose humalog maybe twice a day on average and the same frequency for the 70/30. I take the 70/30 at a high dose for my pre-workout meal and then head out to the gym and take the whole duration of my workout to finish my intra drink. The 70/30 is perfect as it has a peak within 30 minutes but also works along a 6 hour period, covering pre, intra and post workout carbs. I take a bit of humalog if necessary for my post workout meal but usually my sugar is perfect after that implementation at about 70mg/dl.

I prefer that approach in using a lot more long acting insulin than short. Better more consistent control. It isn't easy to find the lifestyle that allows that always.
Sincerely curious - have you looked into resetting your insulin resistance through fasting and IGF?

Mark Bell has an interesting YouTube video on it. Some guys are getting completely off insulin.

Sincerely curious - have you looked into resetting your insulin resistance through fasting and IGF?

Mark Bell has an interesting YouTube video on it. Some guys are getting completely off insulin.
Ooof Mark Bell isn't the 100th guy I'd go to in regard to nutrition or diabetes. However I do value and am open to fasting. Right now isn't quite the time to explore it as I am working on stability in blood glucose and having success. I have tried fasting in the past and my sugar's skyrocket. To be able to fast and have it be beneficial, there is definitely preparation to be had to sustain. For me, I am just recently out of eating sub 1000 calories and finally away from horrible debilitating nausea and vomiting due to gastroparesis.

I will look to find a sweet spot in regard to training and macros for this period and then soon begin a short cut. I hope to soon implement at least a couple days of fasting per month to start.

I am all for anything that increases insulin sensitivity and will be seaking a coach in about 8 months to help with that and my progress in general. I have a few guys in mind but, the guy I am looking to work with for my return to the stage is high profile and I'm lucky to have a personal connection.

Getting off insulin really isn't an option as my carb intake will be substantial as I get bigger. I'm not so concerned with getting off (i have not come across any actual accounts of the case) insulin but more so a better state of homeostasis. When I'm clicking my insulin intake can be minimal.

Bloodwork just taken, be back in a week with results. No hormone panel, I'll be getting that done upon a physical visit with my endo towards the end of year.

Figured I'd post these gym bathroom flex pics, give a look of my physique in a different setting. Did my best with the setup, can only do so much in a retro fitness bathroom.

Adobe_Express_20220722_2157230.05494550833822198.png Screenshot_20220722-214818_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20220722-214850_Video Player.jpg

PREVIOUS ROUTINE

TOTAL VOLUME PER BODY PART (SETS)

QUADS = 11

HAMSTRINGS = 12

CHEST = 23

BACK = 8

TRICEPS = APPROX. 20

BICEPS = APPROX. 15

SHOULDERS = NO CONSISTENT DIRECT WORK

CALVES = 9

FOREARMS = APPROX. 5

Arms + Core

Dumbbell Skullcrusher 3x10

Hammer Curl 3x10

Kneeling Rope Pushdown 4x10

Machine Tricep Extension 3x15

Cable Curls 3x10

Barbell Curls 3x8

Preacher Wrist Curl 3x15

Bodyweight Dips 2xFailure

Laying D Handle Overhead Crunches 4x12

Captains Chair Crunches 4x12

Sled Crunches 4x12

Oblique Cable Rotations 2x12

Quads

Hip Adduction 2x15

Single Leg Leg Press 2x10

Calf Raises 3x15

Front Squat 3x8

Hack Squat 2x8-10

Leg extension 2x15

Standing Calf Raise 3x12

Alternate with Hamstring Session below

Hamstrings

Seated Hamstring Curl 4x12

Single Leg DB RDL 6x10

High Foot Placement Leg Press 3x10

Leg extensions 4x12

Hyper extension 4x12

Calf Raises 3x15

Push

warm up with face pulls

Single Arm Chest Fly 3x10

Incline Bench Press 3x6,

Incline Dumbbell Press 2x15

Machine Tricep Extension 2x15

Weighted Dips 4x12

Seated Tricep Push Down 4x15

Dumbbell tricep extension 4x8-10

Barbell Behind the Back Wrist Curl 3x12-15

Pull

Single Arm Pulldown 2x12

Assisted Pull Up 2x Failure

Smith one arm shrugs 2x failure

Rear Delt Fly 2x12

Tbar shrug 2x12

Tbar Row 2x10

DB Pullover 2xFailure

Machine Preacher 1x failure (Single arm, alternating until failure is reached)

Front Double Cable Curl 1x Failure (Single arm, alternating until failure is reached)

Hammer Curl 2x15

Barbell Curl 2x8

Barbell Upright Row 3x10

Barbell Wrist Curl 1xFailure

Day Off (Cardio 2x 45-60min)

TOTAL VOLUME PER BODY PART (SETS)

QUADS = 14

HAMSTRINGS = 14

CHEST = 14

BACK = 14

TRICEPS = 20

BICEPS = 15

SHOULDERS = 5

CALVES = 9

FOREARMS = 7

Got bloodwork back and I'm extremely happy with the results. My most well balanced bloodwork for a long time. My health was in the shitter less than a year ago. I am seeing my endo virtually in about a week, along with an A1C (which I expect to be my all time lowest since my diabetes diagnosis 10 years ago) I will be getting a full hormone panel.

I do feel better functioning overall than I did in my early twenties when my test levels were consistently between 200-500, so let's see where I'm at.

I spoke to Matt about this years Brooklyn Grand Prix and it is canceled. Fall 2023 is in my sight.

I will be posting my monthly progress pic and my bloodwork once the server is fixed and allows me to do so.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131