over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY LETTER TO Colin Cowherd of ESPN radio

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
The radio talk show host actually spoke sensibly on the steroid hysteria
circulating in the media the last couple days with the admission of use by Bonds and Giambi. My letter is pretty much the same old shit I write, but hopefully he may see some insight in it and take it a step further.
Read if you like:
Mr Cowherd-

It was refreshing to heard your sensible comments during the broadcast Friday 12/3. For once - hysteria and shock was not the prevailing message, in that-god forbid, someone actually took a performance enhancer. I also applauded your comments on bodybuilding not being a hypocritical sport-the use of these substances is up front. A big shock that athletes are doing steroids? Walk into any gym-I could point out the guys using immediately. Its basic-if you are pushing huge weight and have huge muscles, chances are 95% you are on. And there are loads of them in all gyms-Doctors, construction workers, lawyers, computer analysts, - all people in all walks of
life. And all of them quite normal otherwise. Why is there such a hysteria over this type of enhancement, when 'Extreme Makeover' type shows are applauded-but 1 in 3000 die from liposuction, and 1 in 1000 from gastric bypass? What about breast enhancement, plastic surgery, botox...all these methods of cosmetic enhancement are widely accepted. You dont see guys dropping like flies from steroid use-in fact there are no proven cases of this occurring. You cant overdose. Its not addicting. There is no euphoria. Alzado died from AIDS-related brain tumor and used steroids as a scapegoat. Giambi's tumor, Camanitis death-its all wild speculation with absolutely no basis in fact (and it sells more papers). LOOK IT UP-you can find
the type of tumor Alzado died from on the internet and find that tumors association (AIDS).Which supports the conjecture surrounding accusations about Barry Bonds. Who cares? In bodybuilding 'natural' shows are not popular. People want the spectacular, regardless. The same with all spectator sports. Where should it start and end? Vitamins? Protein powders? Creatine? Andro? All legal, but made to give the edge. Why stop at what 'really' works, especially when the sensible use has been found,
time and again, to be relatively safe? And we as a society support that-we want results- bordering on the unbelievable!

Its completely up to the sports governing body of each sport to do as they wish. But, please dont insist that your 'ethics and morals' are pushed down the general publics throat. Ban it from your sport in the sprit of fair play, if you wish. But dont stop me from being able to use them, because heaven help us, I gain 20lbs on my bench press or gain 10lbs of muscle.
Ive been in gyms for 25yrs, never yet to see a person with serious side effects, and my wife (a mortician) has never buried a steroid related death of the many 1000s of cases she has handled. Stop blaming, with no basis, all ailments of athletes on them. There is absolutely no proof of the accusations. Dont we have better things to govern than whether a person decides to take a pill or shot to aid his training, when he is eating properly, training hard and very healthy? Why is this included in Bush's speeches, and new laws to increase prosecution and penalties for steroids and prohormones (in effect 1/05), when terrorism, murder, street drugs, violent crimes are still running rampant and ruining society? You know, Bush-with the DWI on his record. Bush, with the admission of cocaine abuse. The idiots making the laws are fat slobs with no knowledge based on actual research. They are reacting on the media hype and unfounded lies. And its turning many clean living, taxpaying, athetic citizens into criminals. Steroids are much safer than the operations that are so common among lazy, obese, America. We need to stop vilifying and criminalizing the hard working athlete who uses steroid as a safe training aid-keep the regulations within the sport. Leave us alone, and stop the ridiculous, unfounded media hype and sports govenring bodies. Dont turn sensible adults into criminals because kids may use (its not stopping them from legalizing very dangerous poisons like alcohol and tobacco) or because a sport wants to clean it act up. Ask the real experts, the intelligent bodybuilder who has done his homework-we are the real experts in this field. Tell the truth, stop the hysteria! Thanks again, Colin, for your sensible comments. Which are so rare in your field of journalism.
sincerely-
Mike S

Im a recreational bodybuilder, writer of many published articles on the subject of steroids. Contributor to the groundbreaking book LEGAL MUSCLE by Rick Collins, ESQ. Rick is the legal representative to the IFBB (International Federation of Bodybuilding) and the worlds foremost lawyer of legal issues concerning physique enhancement drugs. He is the leading spokesperson on the subject regarding reform of these ill-founded laws.
He may be contacted at NYC phone # of his firm, 'Collins McDonald and Gann' at 516-294-0300 for an intelligent and fresh perspective on this subject.
I am also eager to speak on this issue, and can be contacted at [email protected]

You da man! I never get tired of reading your letters bro. We all need more intelligent people helping decriminalize this lifestyle.

Thanks Mike we all appreciate what you are doing and I would do the same but im not as good of writer as u ;)

Yes I agree as always MikeS is out there sticking up for all of us. Thanks for everything you do bro.

tbonus said:
You da man! I never get tired of reading your letters bro. We all need more intelligent people helping decriminalize this lifestyle.

Tell 'em like it is MikeS! Good job buddy!

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT, MIKE!

AT LEAST YOU ARE ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE ISSUE AND NOT JUST SITTING AROUND BITCHING ABOUT IT, LIKE I DO! :)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear