over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY LETTER TO THAT ASSHOLE, SENATOR JOE BIDEN

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Damn this retard Joe Biden has me so pissed off! I will spam him with this letter, through mail and email, in hopes of getting a response. Feel free to borrow it as a form letter to help wake this dipshit up!
Mr Joe Biden
US Senator Deleware
201 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Mr Joe Biden- August 22, 2003

I have read your statements and position regarding Anabolic Steroids (AS) and the future hearings regarding such. And now you propose the new and ammended AS Control Act of 2003, citing prohormones and stiffer penalties particularly for the casual user, who is commiting one of the least dangerous victimless crimes imaginable. If passed, many average people simply seeking increased cosmetic improvment through these substances and exercise will be turned into hunted criminals,
their lives subject to ruin. Is this really what this country desperately needs, more policing of what should be private matters? I must protest your irresponsible crusade against relatively harmless substances in which you likely know little or nothing about. The original bill of 1990 was opposed by the DEA, HHS, AMA, and all the medical experts. What does some fat, highschool coach know in comparison to these experts, since that is with whom the case against these drugs was presented.

I am a bodybuilder, and not Doctors (with a few exceptions), but WE are the experts in this field. I have studied the science of anabolic sports pharmacology for 15yrs. I am well versed on the subject. What credentials do you have that supports your demonization of these relatively harmless substances, and even their basically inert counterparts-prohormones and such? And if youd like to change the required definition of an illegal steroid so it may blanket substances that do not even promote muscle growth, then actually what in fact do these supplements do that is so terrible and dangerous? Not that steroids are dangerous in comparison to what originally was supposed to classify
Scheduled drugs-addictive properties, potential for abuse, harmful phychoactive potential.

Ive been around bodybuilding for 20yrs. My wife has been a mortician for 10yrs, and a nurse for 10yrs before that. Neither of us has seen any severe adverse effects from steroids, and certainly not death. Never. Actual causes of death, despite the media laying the blame on steroids, including-Lyle Alzado;
AIDS related brain cancer. Davey Smith/Rick Rude/Brian Pillman;pain killers and the deterioration from those drugs. Dont you think there should be some responsibility in investigating facts supported by actual evidence, other than the outrageous, jump on the anti-steroid bandwagon, opinions of some
uneducated politician, provoked by the needs of Sports Governing Bodies? Its just sensationalism, and since the public has no actual knowledge of this subject, they assume the media reporters are knowledgeable, and take that information as fact. Let the Sports Bodies determine their own agenda citing 'unfair advantage' , and not include the general public in its witch hunt against steroids. It is two seperate programs, we citizens should not be bound by the laws of fairness in sports. Here lies the danger in your warfare against these substances. It justifies the illegalization of a performance/cosmetic enhancing drug-certainly less harmful than legal lyposuction, plastic surgery, breast enhancement...etc; and with steroids, the performance is only enhanced by honest hard work, proper nutrition, unlike all those surgical procedures. And women can take sex hormones for aging, birth control; both sexes can use hormones if they desire a sex change. If a man required hormone replacement therapy (testosterone) is it viewed as a catastrophe; if a woman goes on HPT (estrogen), the treatment of this condition is totally acceptable. Not to mention the legalization of very harmful drugs
such as tobacco and alcohol. Making laws that affect the entire population in order to legislate or govern a minute body of athletes (Olympics, Baseball) is prepostrous. The vast majority of athletes are just looking for better bodies, increased strength, results for their gruling work and nutrition proctices;and
are NOT professional athletes. These sports are fully capable of determining their own regulations, and we as citizens should not have to be held to standards set in order to govern their sports. It has happened before-the hysteria of Ben Johnson's Olympic incident resulted in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990. It criminilizes these drugs as Schedule III, along with drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, morphine. This is a travesty! Courts are treating hard working athletes in the same vein as recreational drug addict's! Do you suggest harsher laws? I surely hope not, and if so - you are a prime example of the need for education PRIOR to comments and decisions being discussed on issues.
I know vast amounts of steroid users-it is the most typical cross section of productive America you will ever see. Lawyers, Doctors, Policemen, Firemen, computer geeks, accountants, I could go on. Your typical neighbors. So why are some of the reasons that steroids are illegal, and otherwise honest taxpaying, working athetes are subject to jail for its use? Steroids dont cause heart attacks, liver failure, rage. Rage is caused by immature behavior-its an excuse to act viscous. The early studies on liver failure was done on sickly, geriatric patients who were on massive (much more than any healthy athelete would use) doses of the steroid Anadrol, and those studies have since been discredited. Some types of steroids can raise blood pressure temporarily, while it will return to normal after cessation of its use. Adolescents should not use them regardless-and that is not effected by their being legal or not. We know the the whole 'save our kids' slogan is being used to support this bill. Certainly noone wants adolescents using these substances-and that should be clear. Why not focus on alcohol and cigarettes if you really want to save
the kids from some harmful substances? That would be time and money well spent; not the money wasted in proposed grants and time used to sell this ridiculous anti-supplement campaign. Certainly there are some side effects. If that is reported responsibly people can educate themselves and take precautions, using these drugs in a responsible way. It is very possible-Ive been doing so for 18yrs. So have many, many people I know. I studied and became responsible for using these substances correctly-as any adult should do before they indulge in any similar type of activity. Most all these adults are leading responsible lives, and can be trusted with handling supplements in a responsible way. They are, again-lawyers, doctors, construction workers, computer programmers, engineers,policemen, firemen, actors, politicians (I could name 2 quickly). Get the picture? You will be ruining and intefering with the lives of these otherwise responsible citizens, when they face the legal shackles you present.. Personally, I have no aliments. My condition is amazing for a 44YO. Learn to drive before you get a car - or you would wreck it immediately; Should cars be illegal because of this? No one should spend ONE DAY in jail because of
steroids. The unjust laws are a reflection of general public and lawmakers uninformed opinions. Which begins with opinions not supported by facts or knowledge, such as the damaging opinions created from your standpoint. I could recommend a fine website for education made by a prominent professional, laywer Rick Collins. His website is www.steroidlaw.com - examine it with open mind and then I would welcome your further comments in regard to Anabolics.

If you have any questions or comments, I would welcome a reply. I would be willing to discuss this, on any platform, with anyone who cares to share information. Lawyer Rick Collins would surely also welcome any discussion of these matters.

Doesn’t this country have endless REAL (terrorism, crimes with actual victims)issues, other than obsessive concerns on how to interfere with a mans right to create adaptations to his physique through hard work, nutrition, and supplementation, pharmaceutical or otherwise? See Roe vs Wade-the womans
right to do as she sees fit in regard to her own body. If anything, the issue at hand should be, why are honest hardworking athletes being crucified, and at risk of incarceration, for the attempt and desire to change their physique for the better? Why not be a pioneer and take that platform?

Please, I am not a residence of Deleware. But this is a National issue, and it requires educated attention. Please reply in email to this issue I present, which you have chosen to become involved with.

Sincerely
MikeS

Get Us An E-Mail Address

I modified (and cleaned up) Mikes letter - made it generic - so anyone can copy it and send it:

Mr Joe Biden
US Senator Deleware
Washington, DC 20510

I have read your statements and position regarding Anabolic Steroids (AS) and the future hearings regarding such. And now you propose the new and amended AS Control Act of 2003, citing prohormones and stiffer penalties particularly for the casual user, who is committing one of the least dangerous victimless crimes imaginable. If passed, many average people simply seeking increased cosmetic improvement through these substances and exercise will be turned into hunted criminals, their lives subject to ruin. Is this really what this country desperately needs, more policing of what should be private matters? I must protest your irresponsible crusade against relatively harmless substances in which you likely know little or nothing about. The DEA, HHS, AMA, and all the medical experts opposed the original bill of 1990. What does some fat, high school coach knows in comparison to these experts, since that is with whom the case against these drugs was presented.

I am a bodybuilder, and not even doctors (with a few exceptions), but WE are the experts in this field. I have studied the science of anabolic sports pharmacology for 15yrs. I am well versed on the subject. What credentials do you have that supports your demonization of these relatively harmless substances, and even their basically inert counterparts-prohormones and such? And if you’d like to change the required definition of an illegal steroid so it may blanket substances that do not even promote muscle growth, then actually what in fact do these supplements do that is so terrible and dangerous? Not that steroids are dangerous in comparison to what originally was supposed to classify Scheduled drugs-addictive properties, potential for abuse, harmful psychoactive potential.

I will use a personal friend who’s been around bodybuilding for 20yrs – call him “Mike.” Mike’s wife has been a mortician for 10 years and a nurse for 10 years before that. Neither of them has seen any severe adverse effects from steroids, and certainly not death. NEVER. Actual causes of death, despite the media laying the blame on steroids, including-Lyle Alzado; AIDS related brain cancer. Davey Smith/Rick Rude/Brian Pillman; painkillers and the deterioration from those drugs. Don’t you think there should be some responsibility in investigating facts supported by actual evidence, other than the outrageous, jump on the anti-steroid bandwagon, opinions of some uneducated politician and media, provoked by the needs of Sports Governing Bodies? It is simply sensationalism via journalism, and since the public has no actual knowledge of this subject, they assume the media reporters are knowledgeable, and take that information as fact. Let the Sports Bodies determine their own agenda citing 'unfair advantage,' and not include the general public in its witch-hunt against steroids. It is two separate programs, we citizens should not be bound by the laws of fairness in sports. Here lies the danger in your warfare against these substances. It justifies the legalization of a performance/cosmetic enhancing drug-certainly less harmful than legal lyposuction, plastic surgery, breast enhancement...etc; and with steroids, the performance is only enhanced by honest hard work, proper nutrition, unlike all those surgical procedures. And women can take sex hormones for aging, birth control; both sexes can use hormones if they desire a sex change. If a man required hormone replacement therapy (testosterone) is it viewed as a catastrophe; if a woman goes on HPT (estrogen), the treatment of this condition is totally acceptable. Not to mention the legalization of very harmful drugs such as tobacco and alcohol. Making laws that affect the entire population in order to legislate or govern a minute body of athletes (Olympics, Baseball) is preposterous. The vast majority of athletes is just looking for better bodies, increased strength, and results for their grueling work and nutrition practices; and are NOT professional athletes. These sports are fully capable of determining their own regulations, and we as citizens should not have to be held to standards set in order to govern their sports. It has happened before-the hysteria of Ben Johnson's Olympic incident resulted in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990. It criminalizes these drugs as Schedule III, along with drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, and morphine. This is a travesty! Courts are treating hard working athletes in the same vein as recreational drug addicts! Do you suggest harsher laws? I surely hope not, and if so - you are a prime example of the need for education PRIOR to comments and decisions being discussed on issues.

I know vast amounts of steroid users - it is the most typical cross section of productive America you will ever see. Lawyers, Doctors, Policemen, Firemen, computer geeks, accountants, I could go on. Your typical neighbors. So why are some of the reasons that steroids are illegal, and otherwise honest taxpaying, working athletes are subject to jail for its use? Steroids don’t cause heart attacks, liver failure, rage. Rage is caused by immature behavior – it’s an excuse to act viscous. The early studies on liver failure was done on sickly, geriatric patients who were on massive (much more than any healthy athlete would use) doses of the steroid Anadrol, and those studies have since been discredited. Some types of steroids can raise blood pressure temporarily, while it will return to normal after cessation of its use. Adolescents should not use them regardless-and that is not effected by their being legal or not. We know the whole 'save our kids' slogan is being used to support this bill. Certainly nobody wants adolescents using these substances-and that should be clear. Why not focus on alcohol and cigarettes if you really want to save the kids from some harmful substances? That would be time and money well spent; not the money wasted in proposed grants and time used to sell this ridiculous anti-supplement campaign. Certainly there are some side effects. If that is reported responsibly people can educate themselves and take precautions, using these drugs in a responsible way. It is very possible - I’ve been doing so for 18yrs. So have many, many people I know. I studied and became responsible for using these substances correctly-as any adult should do before they indulge in any similar type of activity. Most all these adults are leading responsible lives, and can be trusted with handling supplements in a responsible way. They are (again) - lawyers, doctors, construction workers, computer programmers, engineers, policemen, firemen, actors, and politicians (I could name 2 quickly). Get the picture? You will be ruining and interfering with the lives of these otherwise responsible citizens, when they face the legal shackles you present. Mike has no aliments. His condition is amazing for a 44 year old. Learn to drive before you get a car - or you would wreck it immediately; should cars be illegal because of this? No one should spend ONE DAY in jail because of steroids. The unjust laws are a reflection of general public and lawmakers uninformed opinions. Which begins with opinions not supported by facts or knowledge, such as the damaging opinions created from your standpoint. I could recommend a fine web site for education made by a prominent professional, lawyer Rick Collins. His web site is www.steroidlaw.com - examine it with open mind and then I would welcome your further comments in regard to Anabolics.

If you have any questions or comments, I would welcome a reply. I would be willing to discuss this, on any platform, with anyone who cares to share information. Lawyer Rick Collins would surely also welcome any discussion of these matters.

Doesn’t this country have endless REAL (terrorism, crimes with actual victims) issues, other than obsessive concerns on how to interfere with a mans right to create adaptations to his physique through hard work, nutrition, and supplementation, pharmaceutical or otherwise? See Roe vs. Wade-the woman’s right to do as she sees fit in regard to her own body. If anything, the issue at hand should be, why are honest hardworking athletes being crucified, and at risk of incarceration, for the attempt and desire to change their physique for the better? Why not be a pioneer and take that platform?

Please, I am not a residence of Delaware. But this is a National issue, and it requires educated attention. Please reply in email to this issue I present, which you have chosen to become involved with.

Sincerely
(your name)

MikeS.....once again, fine work! Thank you for all your worth while work that will hopefully benefit all of us!

patk

Awesome job Mike. This letter needs to go on everyboard out there and the online petition thing couldn't hurt either. We have some of the most intelligent people I've ever seen on this and and many other boards. It's time to use our brains and put a stop to this ridiculous shit.

WeirdAl yes you can post this around.
Xcel- thanks for the new version that can work as a form letter-
guys use it please! ALl the work is done, just sign and email AND mail to Wash, DC.

I posted it on MassMonsters for everyone there to use.

patk

MuscleMayhem and ChemicalMuscle too......

Great job getting this around guys! :D

i posted it on MASSMONSTERZ.COM for all there to see.

Great letter Mike! And yes, I too believe that it maybe difficult if not impossible to repeal all the AAS laws on the books. But if we can stop the impending onslaught of additional laws against Prohormones, ephedra, and who knows what else to come, and bring some rational discussion to bear on the topic, maybe, just maybe a difference can be had. If we don't try, then we should not complain when they take away our freedoms - afterall if it were so important you'd fight for it, right?

DrG

Here is some contact info

Biden's contact info including e-mail

Contact Information

Washington DC EMail Address:
[email protected]
Washington DC Web Address:
**broken link removed**

a little toned down form letter

spidey at fitnessgeared posted this, thinking the other one was a little too much... anyway, it's pretty well written, too:

Mr Joe Biden
US Senator Deleware
Washington, DC 20510

I have read your statements and position regarding Anabolic Steroids (AS) and the future hearings regarding such. And now you propose the new and amended AS Control Act of 2003, citing prohormones and stiffer penalties particularly for the casual user. If passed, many average people simply seeking increased cosmetic improvement through these substances and exercise will be turned into hunted criminals, their lives subject to ruin. Is this really what this country desperately needs, more policing of what should be private matters?

The DEA, HHS, AMA, and all the medical experts opposed the original bill of 1990. It is a clinical fact that steroids are not physically addictive. They are certainly less fraught with risk than many legal procedures designed to enhance appearance such as liposuction, breast implants and other surgeries. A steroid treatment under the care of a liscensed physician could produce better results with a fraction of the risk associated with these procedures.

It seems as if the main driving force behind steroid legislation is the sports lobby and their need to keep performance enhancing drugs out of sports. However, the vast majority of people who use steroids or who would use them if they were legal are regular everyday people who are not competitive athletes. These people use steroids to enhance their appearance and feelings of well-being. Why should steroids be illegal for those people? Why should otherwise law-abiding, productive members of society be incarcerated, have their lives ruined and their families destroyed all because they wanted to enhance their appearance? Why is their only legal recourse to enhance their appearance risky, even life threatening, surgery when there is a much less risky alternative? That is simply unethical and contrary to the legislation's aim of protecting the people's health.

As for the sports associations, they already have policies banning the use of performance enhancing drugs. Random testing of athletes is the norm to insure they are not "cheating". It is neither necessary nor fair that the entire country of 260 million plus people be subjected to the same policies as the sports associations. Do not people have some fundemental right to their own bodies when others are not affected? Is this not how Rowe vs. Wade was decided? Steroids do not affect anyone but the one using them. Studies have shown that they do not cause uncontrolled aggression. They do not intoxicate or impair one's ability to function. They are not physically addictive. Cigaretts and alcohol are both many times more harmful to health and society than steroids yet they are both legal. No one contracts cancer from second hand smoke caused by someone using steroids and no one kills an entire family by crashing into their minivan because they were driving while impaired by steroids.

I know many steroid users. It is the most typical cross section of productive America you will ever see. Lawyers, Doctors, Policemen, Firemen, computer geeks, accountants, politicians; I could go on. Your typical neighbors. These people are not "cheating" in sports and do not deserve to have their lives and families destroyed simply because they chose a safer alternative than surgery to enhance their appearance.

Senator Biden, there are other more pressing issues of public safety that the legislature could be working on such as terrorism, Iraq, and narcotics enforcement.

Although I am sure you have endeavored to educate yourself on the issue of steroids, I fear you may have only read one side of a very polarized issue and thus may be missing the larger picture. I could recommend a fine web site for education made by a prominent professional, lawyer Rick Collins. His web site is www.steroidlaw.com. If you have any questions or comments, I would welcome a reply. I would be willing to discuss this, on any platform, with anyone who cares to share information. Lawyer Rick Collins would surely also welcome any discussion of these matters.

Sincerely
(your name)]

Oh shit!

This was posted by Rick Collins over at MuscleChemistry --
----------------------------------

The notion that this bill "will fade into nowhere" couldn't be more off-base. According to all Washington inside sources, including lobbyists and Senate staffers, this bill is considered a "no-brainer" and will pass in the Senate with EXTREME ease unless there is a public outcry of monumental proportions. Letters are great, but phone calls are terrific, too. You can call Senator Biden's office and ask to speak to his staff. Make your points about why the bill is misguided and ask them to take notes. Do the same with Senator Hatch. Then call all members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and your own senators. All contact info is at www.congress.org.

Best,
Rick Collins
www.teamlegalmuscle.com

------------------------------------

Ok, time to work the phones like a broker!

DrG

I will get it on my 2 boards great work mikeS.

JB- I have it up on A-P. Thanks.

Id call it a no-brainer too. Literally!

Weird AL-thanks for spreading the letter around.

But we dont need a zillion different versions of it (not your fault). I respect Xcels generic version as a friend and fellow mod-that one to me is a go!. But every Tom Dick and Harry can edit it as THEY think it should be and re-post their version like theve done something special. They should have written their own letter before me then. Rick saw the letter and gave me the thumbs up, thats all I need. I thought Spideys comments were a bit tactless and disrespectful, in light of the positive and honest efforts that were given to a good cause. I told him as such on the board he posted that on.

I dont think Im above critisism at all, but Ive been doing this for awhile in similar fashion. Many have been published. So I dont think it needs Joe Blows editing.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear