over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY LIZARD =)

nyczvegeta

Banned
Baby Sumatran Water Monitor. Will grow to be a beast look at this full grown one(not mine) YouTube - Asian Water Monitor

DSC05328.jpg

Beautiful animal. I currently have an argentenian tegu and a dumerils monitor. what size enclosure do you have it in? and what do you have planned for it when it gets bigger?

Oh I have everything planned for it in the future =) I will be building him a custom room sized enclosure with large pool for him to bathe in. I currently have him in a 20 gal as he is still just over a foot long. And thats cool bro! A fellow herper/juicer? :rolleyes: I even breed my own roaches(blaptica dubia) so I'm basically set on feeding him for the rest of his juvenile life

Beautiful lizard sir. What's their level of aggression? I'm sure like other lizards, the more they're handled, the more tame, but I'm curious if they are prone to bit or at least latch on. A full-grown adult could do some serious damage I'm sure.

Beautiful lizard sir. What's their level of aggression? I'm sure like other lizards, the more they're handled, the more tame, but I'm curious if they are prone to bit or at least latch on. A full-grown adult could do some serious damage I'm sure.

Definitely not for a beginner. But they are known for their ability to be tame and tame down after much work/handling. Mine is quite shy still as expected as a hatchling and likes to run away and hide but never bites. The ones ypou want to stay away from are the niles(the nile monitor) as they are known to have a nasty reputation.

Definitely not for a beginner. But they are known for their ability to be tame and tame down after much work/handling. Mine is quite shy still as expected as a hatchling and likes to run away and hide but never bites. The ones ypou want to stay away from are the niles(the nile monitor) as they are known to have a nasty reputation.

I had a nile for a bit, but when i got him he was already to old, and i hadn't the experience to deal with one. plus it was wild caught which didnt help. I would like to try a nile again in the future though. im actually thinking about getting either an argus monitor or croc monitor depending on how funds go in probably 6 months or so. aside from the perentie, which being in the US i can't get, those are my 2 favorites.

Oh I have everything planned for it in the future =) I will be building him a custom room sized enclosure with large pool for him to bathe in. I currently have him in a 20 gal as he is still just over a foot long. And thats cool bro! A fellow herper/juicer? :rolleyes: I even breed my own roaches(blaptica dubia) so I'm basically set on feeding him for the rest of his juvenile life

I can see how breeding roaches can save alot of money..im thinking about doing it with mice. my tegu eats everything, but my dumeril is really picky. he will only eat mice, ground turkey or scrambled eggs. and yeah, reptiles are really fun to keep

I had a nile for a bit, but when i got him he was already to old, and i hadn't the experience to deal with one. plus it was wild caught which didnt help. I would like to try a nile again in the future though. im actually thinking about getting either an argus monitor or croc monitor depending on how funds go in probably 6 months or so. aside from the perentie, which being in the US i can't get, those are my 2 favorites.

Man, I dunno about the nile they are close to impossible to tame. I used to keep crocs(I mean real ones) and gators so I've had my share of untameable animals. I just got sick of animals that I can only keep on display without being able to handle and actually bond with them. And also croc monitors could be tamed but you never know with them, they are intelligent and beautiful creatures don't get me wrong but if a full grown croc monitor latches on to you, there is going to be some serious damage. lol

I can see how breeding roaches can save alot of money..im thinking about doing it with mice. my tegu eats everything, but my dumeril is really picky. he will only eat mice, ground turkey or scrambled eggs. and yeah, reptiles are really fun to keep

I have done the mice thing but the food costs wound up being almost even with breeding them so I started buying them frozen. :D

Man, I dunno about the nile they are close to impossible to tame. I used to keep crocs(I mean real ones) and gators so I've had my share of untameable animals. I just got sick of animals that I can only keep on display without being able to handle and actually bond with them. And also croc monitors could be tamed but you never know with them, they are intelligent and beautiful creatures don't get me wrong but if a full grown croc monitor latches on to you, there is going to be some serious damage. lol

I have done the mice thing but the food costs wound up being almost even with breeding them so I started buying them frozen. :D

ive seen niles tamed down, but it takes work and experience, and of course that particular animals disposition has to do with it as well. some will easily while others never will. Ive read of some people that keep niles almost exclusively tame them down by not giving them any hiding spots. I know the croc monitor can do some damage, which is one of the reasons i do like them, haha. But its important to get them as captive bred babies, moreso then most other monitors...but those go for 1500+ a baby. if i cant afford that ill just go argus. the problem ive found with buying them frozen is shipping prices...when i buy like 1000 its like 19 cents a mouse, but like 120$ for shipping :/

LOl those things creep me out. They are cool to look but I think I'll stick with my american bulldog. ha

Nice monitor! Right now I have a bearded dragon. It's wild how much personality they have. So funny sometimes. :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws