advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My MMA training finally came in handy for self defense............

Amazon Doll

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I hike every morning at this huge nature preserve a few miles from my house. I never see anyone there. Last weekend after being out for an hour, I was nearing the trail head and this big german Shepard appears on the trail and in a split second went to an all out charge on me! :eek:

I have bred & trained dogs and know their body language, and this guy was in full attack mode!

I had seconds to brace myself and as soonas he got in striking distance, I knew I had only one chance....i threw a low roundhouse kick to his head. it flipped him back and when he stood up, he bolted back the way he came.

My shin connected with his oven mouth and I got a good cut on my shin as well as a buise to the bone and my big toe.

Attachments

• kick.jpg
    kick.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 972
Whoa, nice save.
I probably would have looked for a tree to climb.
You must be pretty quick to be able to time that kick right.
I asked my buddy who fights full contact what to do when a dog
charges & he said kick the jaw then they can't bite/hurt you if the jaw breaks.
You don't get many chances before they bite down on something though.

I'm glad you're ok.

Impressive Doll! Great reflexes, many people take defence classes but in the moment they are needed they forget what they have learned.

My coach looked at the cut and said "You landed it right where I taught you!"

haha...I was a bit shook up after it was over :eek:

Now maybe BigChef won't mess with me so much!! :D

Wow , good to hear your MMA came through when you needed it ,and pity the guy who tries to mess with you and hopefully you wont have to encounter a situation like this again , as it can be quite scary and some self defence experts have froze up when faced with a challenge .

My coach looked at the cut and said "You landed it right where I taught you!"

Did your coach mean that you kicked the dog in the correct place on its body, or that you used the correct part of your leg to hit the dog with?

Thank GOD you're alright! Hopefully, there won't be a next time but if there is, throw it in a rear-naked choke. That move is also called a "mata leao" because, allegedly, it's the only way to kill a lion without a weapon. LOL! At any rate, get some bear mace for when you go out hiking!!!!

Holy Shit, glad you are ok! Poor dog would have his face re-constructed from that round house kick lol.

Wow! Good work, AD!!:eek:

I've had to defend my girl before from a rotty that was in the red mode...None of the defense was pretty...I just wish she would take up some REAL MMA etc. though, like you have. There's no telling what could have happened if I wasn't there...Also one of the first times we didn't have our pit/mix and german shepard with us...The pit is a female but almost too protective over my girl.

Just glad you're okay...Now you have a cool battle scar at least!!:headbang:

this is why I carry my .44 magnum when in the woods ;), wouldnt even risk that dogs jaws on my throat for a second.

I normally have a can of bear spray with me.

I use to live and work in grizzly country and even had a run in with one at 2am trying to get in my camper. That night the bear spry was out in my truck cuz I forgot to brring it in and my .357 was on the counnter unlaoded since i forgot to buy ammo.....duh. luckily all the pounding on the walls and my dog barking scared him away. That was the first time in my adult life i ever pee'd myself :eek:

the bear spray i usually carry got dropped on the trail somewhere a few weeks ago while out hiking and I just put off replacing it. Bad move, the stuff is great for bad dogs.

Newman, my coach meant I used the right part of my leg to make contact.

Geesh Chef, here I am all crippled and wounded and you are worrying about Fluffy :D

next I'll tell you guy's what happened a few years ago when i woke up to find a man crouched next to my bed in the middle of the night :eek:

Last edited:
next I'll tell you guy's what happened a few years ago when i woke up to find a man crouched next to my bed in the middle of the night :eek:

Okay, now I have to hear this story lol...

All of my family and friends know not to come over unannounced or surprise me for a certain reason. I would be blasting away and then...no questions asked:eek:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very impressed with your poise and composure given the situation....says alot about you. Your boardhandle is apropo..lol

Last edited:
Was it a wild dog? Clean that thing good and keep an eye on it.Also if you develope fever etc.. Just keep it in mind for awhile as chances are your fine,but something to watch.
Glad you were not hurt:)

Man glad your O.K. dogs charging at you are never fun. I wonder where he came from? Was the owner not around? That happened to me one time in my life so far while I was walking my dog. Pitbull ran out of a garage right at me and my dog. I had literally 5 seconds to kick him in the head as hard as could. Thank goodness I just got off work and had my steel toe boots on. Freaking dog hit the ground. The owner thought I killed it. He kew it was his fault so nothing was done about it.

Two weeks ago a guy in my neighborhood had a similar situation while he was walking his dog. He was not so lucky and the pitbull down the street mauled his arm, but the dog was not so lucky after the guy managed to get his knife unclipped from his pocket and killed the dog. Needless to say it was a situation in the neighborhood.

Wow Doll you're a Bad-ass
That is a scary situation to find yourself in
Nice work...!

Unkewl bout dog attack.

Very Kewl how u handled yourself.

A

THAT DOG GOT WHAT WAS COMING. Wonder if he now believes all humans to be ass-kickers, and will stop to think next time before he attacks someone.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws