over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Muscle Genes DNA testing results

Yea it's so fast! But I actually really like it.

In any given workout I would say I rest 1-2 mins a few times with the rest being under 60 seconds. I would say well over 50% is less than 30 secs and many of that being about 10 seconds. I tend to do a lot of minimal rest sets for 1-2 exercises than have a break of about 60 secs. I love this way of training and once you get used to it I bet you do too. It's much more demanding but very rewarding. I don't necessarily mean bodybuilders but normal gym goers are just so slow. I see people do standard sets (not even hard) and rest for over 3 minutes... just seems like a waste. The only time you need 3 mins rest is if you pretty much just destroyed yourself with high rep squats etc.

Dev I may have said this to you in the past but you would always say about your slow caffeine metabolism due to your test and how you can't sleep. But I don't think you realize just how many people react to typical pre workouts. They can be active for approx 6 hours even in people who metabolize them fast. I know people who can take a pre workout at 2pm and struggle to sleep at midnight. I know you take them about 9pm some nights so it's no wonder you can't sleep at 3am or so. I think I process most things extremely fast but even I think the earliest I could sleep from a big pre workout at 9pm would be about 5am (unless I was really destroyed from training).

In any given workout I would say I rest 1-2 mins a few times with the rest being under 60 seconds. I would say well over 50% is less than 30 secs and many of that being about 10 seconds. I tend to do a lot of minimal rest sets for 1-2 exercises than have a break of about 60 secs. I love this way of training and once you get used to it I bet you do too. It's much more demanding but very rewarding. I don't necessarily mean bodybuilders but normal gym goers are just so slow. I see people do standard sets (not even hard) and rest for over 3 minutes... just seems like a waste. The only time you need 3 mins rest is if you pretty much just destroyed yourself with high rep squats etc.

Dev I may have said this to you in the past but you would always say about your slow caffeine metabolism due to your test and how you can't sleep. But I don't think you realize just how many people react to typical pre workouts. They can be active for approx 6 hours even in people who metabolize them fast. I know people who can take a pre workout at 2pm and struggle to sleep at midnight. I know you take them about 9pm some nights so it's no wonder you can't sleep at 3am or so. I think I process most things extremely fast but even I think the earliest I could sleep from a big pre workout at 9pm would be about 5am (unless I was really destroyed from training).

Yea I was resting a couple of minutes between sets most of the time, and the rest periods would probably extend over the workout. It doesn't help that there are people at my gym who always want to have long conversations with me while I'm training, which is a distraction I always have to deal with. With this 60 second rest thing, I know to tell people to stfu.

Yea I was resting a couple of minutes between sets most of the time, and the rest periods would probably extend over the workout. It doesn't help that there are people at my gym who always want to have long conversations with me while I'm training, which is a distraction I always have to deal with. With this 60 second rest thing, I know to tell people to stfu.

Sounds like you need to workout in a hoody with the hood up so everyone knows youre extra serious, like this 140 pound kid at this one gym i go to haha.

I did BBB last year. I think there were some weeks with 60 sec rest. Maybe 90. But using a watch and timing every set really pushes endurance. I made some nice gains on that program.

Gene sequencing is cool! But DNA is only part of the causation.

The analysis of your DNA sequence is based on their big database. But the problem is the big database just show the relationship between the DNA sequence and what they have seen. And how do you know where the big database comes from?So the result is for reference only. ;););)

**broken link removed**

Theres a little interesting study about rest periods. I do find that short rest periods do not optimize my total volume moved in the gym, which is all I'm after.

I am beyond very skeptical my friend...

Not sure where to even begin. I have a full day of work now but ill try to post more tonight or tomorrow. It may be helpful if you could post how they did their sequencing ( and for such a low cost) and then how the maybe those inferences such as training. I mean we barely know about the basic dna sequences and disease which costs tons of money to detect but all of a sudden for not a signficant cost we can tell you what rep range to use?

i dunno man.. if this is legit please post the journals in which their research is published. This wold be such a huge breakthrough so im sure its in a legit journal. I promise that if its published or at the very least it makes sense ill spend the time to really look into it more.

Found some citations here!

E.g., Go to the very bottom here for the link to citations related to the gene tested here...

https://fitnessgenes.com/how-it-works/genes-we-analyze/il15ra/

(Takes you here: **broken link removed**)

It appears you can do the same for all of the genes tested if you click on them one by one.... <sigh>

(Still looking through this, but wanted to post this for others.)

-S

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke