over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Muscle Genes DNA testing results

I'm glad someone else is chiming in here on this.

The fact that 23&me can baaaarely make claims about genetic predispositions to diseases and characteristics, YET these sites for some reason have a prescriptive "You respond best to high volume" should riiiiing alarms people.

This is just one of those sites where you gave someone like Alan Aragon and Brad Schoenfeld 15 minutes, they would shit on this soooo quickly.

Not that I don't trust their interpretation of the results, but I would like to see their reasoning within the outline. My Blueprint reads:

"You should aim to hit each major muscle group three times a week, leaving a recovery period of 48 hours before working the same muscle group again. This is a fairly high-frequency form of resistance training and allows beginners’ nervous and motor system to adapt faster to weightlifting. An example would be a 3-day full-body split where each muscle group gets trained once every third day. You can also opt to use rest days in your training schedule. This can include cardio sessions to improve your health and boost your total fat loss. Try not to exceed the recommended amount of training as this will have a negative impact on your ability to recover.

Your gene variants indicate that, to build strength and increase lean muscle mass, you should respond well to a low-volume form of resistance/strength training."

It would be nice to see reference to specific genes within the above interpretation.

I decided to take my results and create a spreadsheet. Basically I assigned a value of 0, 1, or -1 for hypertrophy, fat loss, strength, and endurance to each gene. These were based on the text that describes each result. I did not assign a weighting since I don't know which genes are more influential.

Anyway, based on this analysis I am at a slight disadvantage for hypertrophy, a significant disadvantage for fat loss, and a significant advantage for strength and endurance. -- guess I picked the wrong hobby :)

Everything makes sense except for the strength. I would not consider myself naturally strong.

Attachments

• FitnessGenes.jpg
    FitnessGenes.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 197
Not that I don't trust their interpretation of the results, but I would like to see their reasoning within the outline. My Blueprint reads:

"You should aim to hit each major muscle group three times a week, leaving a recovery period of 48 hours before working the same muscle group again. This is a fairly high-frequency form of resistance training and allows beginners’ nervous and motor system to adapt faster to weightlifting. An example would be a 3-day full-body split where each muscle group gets trained once every third day. You can also opt to use rest days in your training schedule. This can include cardio sessions to improve your health and boost your total fat loss. Try not to exceed the recommended amount of training as this will have a negative impact on your ability to recover.

Your gene variants indicate that, to build strength and increase lean muscle mass, you should respond well to a low-volume form of resistance/strength training."

It would be nice to see reference to specific genes within the above interpretation.

I decided to take my results and create a spreadsheet. Basically I assigned a value of 0, 1, or -1 for hypertrophy, fat loss, strength, and endurance to each gene. These were based on the text that describes each result. I did not assign a weighting since I don't know which genes are more influential.

Anyway, based on this analysis I am at a slight disadvantage for hypertrophy, a significant disadvantage for fat loss, and a significant advantage for strength and endurance. -- guess I picked the wrong hobby :)

Everything makes sense except for the strength. I would not consider myself naturally strong.

Hi mate. what company is this from ? not muscle/ fitnessgenes i suppose. looks different

Hi mate. what company is this from ? not muscle/ fitnessgenes i suppose. looks different

I created the spreadsheet myself based on my fitnessgenes results. For example, my results for the ACE gene were DD. The explanation for this reads: "You have two copies of the 'power/strength' D allele.

Studies have suggested that the DD genotype is associated with better ‘strength endurance’, where a lot of high anaerobic energy is required. It appears to be linked to more fast-twitch muscle fibres and the improved redirection of blood flow from slow-twitch to fast-twitch fibres. This could be the optimal genotype for elite sprinters, power athletes, and possibly middle-distance runners."

So I entered a +1 under endurance in my spreadsheet. I did this for each gene. 0 no effect. 1 positive effect. -1 negative effect.

X2 mate

Like me being slow metaboliser of caffeine is SO REAL .

People here been saying 'oh i had a look and everything apply to me as well' . Really ??? Is everyone here a slow metaboliser of caffeine ??? cos this really sucks. This is a never ending uphill battle for me honestly. Interferes with recovery. Less sleep = more visceral fat gain. Ask Elvia he is witness. He knows how much of a issue this is for me and i told him about this years ago not last week. !!!!!!

Dev as I mentioned I am sure there is some truth to all of this and I really do think it's a thing for the future. But this sort of stuff costs a lot of money to be done properly and as others have alluded to I think these companies are taking a few feet but running a mile with them.

Those new photos you sent me show your visceral fat is minimal at worst. I don't know if you were breathing in but I don't think visceral fat is a major issue for you. I have been meaning to message you about it. You look great in your new photos and it's evident you have lost tonnes of fat. I can be fairly ripped and have a 38 inch waist but even I know if I lose more fat it will shrink. The caffeine thing well that may be true but you have your pre workout very late so it's no surprise you can't sleep. I know people who have pre workouts at 4-6pm and they can't sleep till well past 2am. The half life of caffeine in humans is approx 4-6 hours so most people who use pre workout in the evening should have trouble sleeping.

Dev as I mentioned I am sure there is some truth to all of this and I really do think it's a thing for the future. But this sort of stuff costs a lot of money to be done properly and as others have alluded to I think these companies are taking a few feet but running a mile with them.

Those new photos you sent me show your visceral fat is minimal at worst. I don't know if you were breathing in but I don't think visceral fat is a major issue for you. I have been meaning to message you about it. You look great in your new photos and it's evident you have lost tonnes of fat. I can be fairly ripped and have a 38 inch waist but even I know if I lose more fat it will shrink. The caffeine thing well that may be true but you have your pre workout very late so it's no surprise you can't sleep. I know people who have pre workouts at 4-6pm and they can't sleep till well past 2am. The half life of caffeine in humans is approx 4-6 hours so most people who use pre workout in the evening should have trouble sleeping.

Mate you sure u are not mixing my pics with your bestest buddy RIPPED whatever the name he goes by lol

Mate you sure u are not mixing my pics with your bestest buddy RIPPED whatever the name he goes by lol

Well you never had tonnes of fat to begin with so sure. But you had no 6 pack and no you have a full one so that is tonnes of fat to me :D I hope to lose tonnes of fat in the next 4 weeks too. Tonnes of fat is different for every person. So no I wasn't calling you a past fatty ;):D

Post your pics Dev!

The major problem with these tests is, yes it will determine you have XX gene, but they do not tell you if it is activated. Over 90% of our genes are dormant, not activated. It`s similar to saying yes my car has a rear defrost, while that is true and accurate, it is NEVER used because you live in the tropics where you never get frost. Follow that? It`s a very simple explanation to a very complex area. These tests are kinda silly and nothing really life shattering is going to be learned. Also if it were to say you have the breast cancer gene, you are predisposed, it will not tell you if it is activated AND it will stress you for the rest of your life worrying about getting cancer, further inducing a situation in your body that is likely to activate the gene.

Thanks bigdog for rubbing it in lol I am already jealous u can get away training loads. i need fucking low volume. i hate that shit. what is true low volume anyway ?? bahahaha. i have been training for 17 odd years . last 7-8 been instinctive method.

seriously so i got to be doing like max 12 work sets for smaller body parts like delts and arms and max 20 work sets for legs chest and back ?

i have done low volume in my life of course but it was so long ago amd i hated that telling myself ' u done cos the theory says so but in practical i had more gas left. so i read about instinctive method for advanced lifters for 5 years minimum training under belt and i made the switch but think i need to give low volume a good go.

Anybody else reading this pleas feel free to chime in and provide your input on low volume.

12 work sets for smaller body parts
20 work sets for larger body parts ???

also how many exercises ??

if i remember its like 3-4 exe max.

oh man this change is going to suck.

I am not use to this. i am hating this already.

Low volume? Low volume would be more along the lines of 3-5 sets for smaller bodyparts and 4-6 sets for larger ones. I am talking about individual muscle groups, not bodyparts. So, if talking about legs, the quads and hams would each get 4-6 sets, rather than 4-6 sets total. Back is another complex bodypart that will require more sets due to the fact that it contains multiple muscle groups with little to no overlap during training. I tend to break up the "back" into 3 separate sections: the traps, the erectors, and everything else. The "everything else" section is comprised of the lats, teres major & minor, infraspinatus, and rhomboids and is trained by various rows, chins/pulldowns. There's a lot of overlap when training these muscles, but not very much when it comes to traps and erectors (other than for stabilization purposes), so training back is more like training 3 different muscle groups and therefore would require more sets.

Low volume? Low volume would be more along the lines of 3-5 sets for smaller bodyparts and 4-6 sets for larger ones. I am talking about individual muscle groups, not bodyparts. So, if talking about legs, the quads and hams would each get 4-6 sets, rather than 4-6 sets total. Back is another complex bodypart that will require more sets due to the fact that it contains multiple muscle groups with little to no overlap during training. I tend to break up the "back" into 3 separate sections: the traps, the erectors, and everything else. The "everything else" section is comprised of the lats, teres major & minor, infraspinatus, and rhomboids and is trained by various rows, chins/pulldowns. There's a lot of overlap when training these muscles, but not very much when it comes to traps and erectors (other than for stabilization purposes), so training back is more like training 3 different muscle groups and therefore would require more sets.

Mike I am an iron addict and that's like cutting my prescription by 75 % !!!! lol

3-5 sets for smaller bodyparts and 4-6 sets for larger ones like legs that's nothing. I will go straight in clinical depression! I was hoping may be you are going to say, do 12 works sets for smaller muscles like delts bi and triceps and 18-20 work sets for legs chest and back lol

This low volume would be like 20 min workout max 30 min. I am use to wt train hard & intense for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 min - 1.5 hours for legs.

Is there no other way upping the volume a bit and still feel normal ?

I am not used to this. Many thanks for your input Mike.

I remember Ronnie's report stated his metabolism to be like a furnace; man couldn't gain fat if he wanted to. His recovery ability also translated to the freaky training split he did that would give most people kidney failure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Can you please elaborate on how more weight training leads kidney damage? With objective data, not your opinion please.

Can you please elaborate on how more weight training leads kidney damage? With objective data, not your opinion please.
u serious mate lol

I am pretty sure he was being funny/ sarcastic. I cant stop laughing here. weight training - kidney damage. Blimey.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Rhabdomyolysis...Yes you can cause kidney damage from too much/too intense weight training. Beginners are more at risk, but I'm sure if I did those 2-2.5 hr workouts Ronnie did with crazy heavy weights, 6 days a week; I'd come very close to this.

u serious mate lol

I am pretty sure he was being funny/ sarcastic. I cant stop laughing here. weight training - kidney damage. Blimey.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Yes it was a legitimate question.

I'm not sure if he was referring to rhabdomyolysis, or just continous muscle breakdown that could possible cause kidney damage.

If he was just joking, the jokes on me, but it didn't appear that way to me at least.

Rhabdomyolysis...Yes you can cause kidney damage from too much/too intense weight training. Beginners are more at risk, but I'm sure if I did those 2-2.5 hr workouts Ronnie did with crazy heavy weights, 6 days a week; I'd come very close to this.

I knew about rhabdomyolysis, but I didn't know if you had information on just just general muscle breakdown from training and kidney damage. Thanks for the ping back

I knew about rhabdomyolysis, but I didn't know if you had information on just just general muscle breakdown from training and kidney damage. Thanks for the ping back
It was more of an exaggeration as Devindas stated.

Yes it was a legitimate question.

I'm not sure if he was referring to rhabdomyolysis, or just continous muscle breakdown that could possible cause kidney damage.

If he was just joking, the jokes on me, but it didn't appear that way to me at least.

bloody hell no way he was actually being serious bahahaha

NGL34 sincere apologies to you mate. My fault.

Mr Neurosurgeon U think too much sir but nonetheless I now know it was u who gave me a belly ache uncontrollable laugh for 2-3 min so thank u.:D:p

Only a select few could train like Ronnie at his level. I trained like a mad man to the hardest i could humanly do, to my utmost limit ( overtrained the LIVING JESUS out of my body for yearsssssss) and I am sure Ronnie did the same at his level. My kidneys are fine. I have been lifting for 17 plus years.

I think as enhanced bber ( competitive or recreational ) using super supps we have much bigger things to worry about then getting kidney damage from training in Guantanamo Cisternino mode.

Dev are you an endormorph?

One thing we need to remember is these recommendations are given assuming we are natural bodybuilders. You might be able to get away with slightly more volume while on AAS/peps

Dev are you an endormorph?

One thing we need to remember is these recommendations are given assuming we are natural bodybuilders. You might be able to get away with slightly more volume while on AAS/peps

No mate

I was 17 years old when I touched a barbell. 52 or 54 kgs i think i was. I am 5' 8'' and a half inches in height now . Tiny wrists (6 and a half inches both). Measured them right now to double check lol . I was you classic Ectomorph. What makes me think is the training blue print hints towards low volume - more rest- once a week a bodypart training. so typical ecto training right ? man this is Deja vu scary stuff lol

MY GENES RESULTS HINTING ME TO FOLLOW AN ECTOMORPH SORT OF TRAINING TODAY WHICH BTW I LEARNED AND DID AS A 20 SOMETHING GROWING UP !!!

I had Brue lee abs. 6 pack effortless. Super fast metabolism. Nothing would stuck to my bones. I ate whatever I wanted. carbs fats overload. ravishing appetite .never counted anything but also i was a smoker at this point believe it or not. Lateer on in life I quit in my 20s when i took lifting seriously and then boom I piled on 10 kg out of nowhere. appetite up and everything.

I have been as big as 90 kgs i think.

May I also add thats just with basic oils/ gear, 80s compounds.
I have never fallen for the temptation of using exogenous insulin.
Never pinned a generic GH in my body . Used 1 kit of pfizer geno and 1 kit of lilly humatrope from India last year ( for shits and giggles). Even though I have access to pharma if I wanted to from India.

I have never taken any peptide orally or injectable from of any sort.
Very basic oral use dbol and var , stanazolol (pharma india) thats it
I went off using in 2011 before marriage and I only started using it last year 2015. I never did anything crazy so never screwed my HPTA. old school stuff. My gear knolwdge is very basic. I will be 35 this year.

Everyone says the magic happens with the BIG 3 (test, slin, gh) . thats where its at. Well I have never taken the big 3 so I do not know from exp.

ofcourse over the years due to life and circumstances i did let myself go with university and shit at times and i got fat, max my waist was 36 inches from the smallest of 28, proper beer belly. Right now its 32 inches. Fully dieted down I get it easy to 30 inches. no problem. Being ectomorph genetics means I do not have wide bone structure so no wide pelvic girdle so atleast there is some advantage to that but the visceral fat is my nemesis. it goes and come back so easy. drives me mad. can just about pinch skin on abs, tight hard abs if I let go of stomach you will look at it and say '' bro u need to stop abusing the shit of growth and slin bro like from tomorrow. Just stop it !!'' lol

south asians & black men hold more visceral fat comapre to their white counterparts. I read in a study so that could be an explanation. Havent got the study to hand.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity