over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My New Preferred Way To Train Tibialis

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
The tibialis is an often neglected muscle. I've always trained mine and want to share what I'm doing now.

I always preferred the Hammer Strength tibialis raise for training the tibialis, but since they're so rare to find in gyms I switched this year to using a Free Motion shoulder trainer.

I had maxed out the HS tibialis raise even doing one foot at a time, but with the FM I'm still a few notches away from maxing out the stack - and when I do I can add a Gym Pin and keep going.

When setting up, position your foot so toes are pointed toward the pulley with heel down into the back corner of the seat. Pull the handle as far down on your foot as you can - the further down, the more leverage you get. Let it pull your foot down to starting position, then flex up and contract the tibialis.

Why train the tibialis? Bodybuilding is all about illusions and a developed tibialis helps the whole lower leg appear thicker. I like 8-12 reps and I train them every other day. Experiment with the best frequency for you - training calves every day is what made mine as good as they are so I've taken a similar approach with the tibialis.

20221222-170811.jpg

You may also try employing a very marked feet dorsiflexion when using the sissy squat bench. Literally hook the pads with your forefoot. The tibialis BURSTS 🤯

I've got to try this. I've always just lifted my heals and pulled toes towards me on the leg press.

I put the treadmill on 10 degree incline and slowly walk backwards while staring intensely into the eyes of the cardio bunny in that row. Good for the tibialis, but the restraining orders are piling up.

I gotta start doing these I have a lead foot. This movement is opposite might help me ease off the gas pedal.

I never trained mine. Then I had saw you mention them a year or so back and they do help add extra thickness. I purchased a tibialis machine off of NYBB. Been using it with my leg workouts ever since.

Cage

I use a monster mini band attached to some sort of machine for tib raises and I superset them with calf raises

I use a monster mini band attached to some sort of machine for tib raises and I superset them with calf raises
This is actually a good idea. Since reading this thread I was thinking how I was gonna train them and I like the band idea. It will probably stick to my shoe.

This is actually a good idea. Since reading this thread I was thinking how I was gonna train them and I like the band idea. It will probably stick to my shoe.
Super easy to set up anywhere and the accommodating resistance of the band feels really good

Waste of time. Never have I seen a before and after with notable hypertrophy of that muscle.

Waste of time. Never have I seen a before and after with notable hypertrophy of that muscle.
It's Good to superset with calve raises. It's opposite muscle of gast muscle so if gast cramps, doing this exercise prevents cramping . If you know this, the opposite muscle makes the other side relax.

I've built some muscle I'd like to think used to hold 100 lb dbs between both feet off a bench and raise up, back getting ready for 2012 competition. Now I do kettleball over and on my shoe, one at a time,and doesn't slip as much as cable. Most I'll go 35 lbs but sometimes 15,20, more reps...

John meadows credited most of his calf size to when he began training the tibialis too. Not to mention, having weakness in an opposing muscle eventually leads to problems

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131