over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My New Training Routine

ShortStop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Recently I've been looking for a total change in my workouts... My normal routine would look like this..
Chest and Triceps..
Legs.
Day off
Back and Biceps..
Shoulders and Abs/calves
Day off
Somebody here recently gave me a whole new perspective on the way I workout. Now I give each body part there own day. It allows me to do more sets with more exercises and give my full attention to each body part. I just started a couple weeks ago and I'm really liking this new routine. Now my workouts look like this.
Chest.
Arms.
Legs.
Back.
Shoulders.
Legs.
I do legs twice a week because that's my worst body part. I also do my abs and calves EOD after my workouts... 5 sets each using a different exercise each different workout. Do you think this is to much on my CNS if I go thru the whole routine without anytime off?? The reason I ask because doing this routine if I take more than one day off I won't be hitting a body part once a week which is the point of the whole routine...
Does anybody else workout like this?? If so any thoughts or advice

Last edited:
I like the workout my only issue with it would be what happens if you have to unexpectedly miss a day at the gym? That's the only thing that keeps me from doing one part a day, I plan to go 6 days and normally do but sometimes shit happens.

That's not a routine, that's just a list of bodyparts.

I like it, I might be inclined to swap the chest day with back. The back is a big muscle to then follow after legs, could be draining.

Ah the ol' bro split, nothing new. Works just like eveything else untill your body adapts.

For as long as I can remember, I've always made a point to train my legs on Saturday. Late morning or early afternoon, so I have good energy and can eat plenty after, through the day. I think it's more beneficial to train a muscle(s) and get lots of meals in afterward. That's not usually the case with evening training because of going to bed. But we do what we can.

Ah the ol' bro split, nothing new. Works just like eveything else untill your body adapts.

I personally prefer training each muscle twice a week. But as for you saying, "until your body adapts." There aren't that many variations when it comes to frequency, I mean, there's only 7 days in a week. You can train each muscle twice a week, but you gotta watch the volume each day. You can train a muscle three times a week, but that really only works for smaller muscles, calves and arms IMHO. If you do the big one's too, then the volume drops so low, that I really don't think, based on experience that you are gonna get the stimulation that a bodybuilder is looking for.

Diet and rest, and gear use, has to be spot on to keep training effectively the big muscles twice a week. A heavy day and a lighter day are almost a must.

Last edited:
I pretty much do the same thing...but train EOD. If im feeling well recovered i will do 2 on 1 off.

I like the workout my only issue with it would be what happens if you have to unexpectedly miss a day at the gym? That's the only thing that keeps me from doing one part a day, I plan to go 6 days and normally do but sometimes shit happens.
Yea when I get behind I'll have to double up and make up a day. I've been on it for 2 weeks now and I haven't missed but like u said shit happens
I like it, I might be inclined to swap the chest day with back. The back is a big muscle to then follow after legs, could be draining.
That's a problem for me either way if my back follows legs or the other way around. I find it difficult
For as long as I can remember, I've always made a point to train my legs on Saturday. Late morning or early afternoon, so I have good energy and can eat plenty after, through the day. I think it's more beneficial to train a muscle(s) and get lots of meals in afterward. That's not usually the case with evening training because of going to bed. But we do what we can.
I totally agree with you but unfortunately I have to work. I have to get up at 4am just to get my kid ready and to daycare. I have to do night sessions but I'm like my 2 year old and keep some muscle milk next to me for the middle of the night

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar