over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My next winner!!

FRKNHUGE

FRKNHUGE said:
buddy
ure gettin ready for the PGH?
thats my town, drop me a PM, ill be there maybe we can meet up
frk
I have a guy I know doing the Burgh show too in the SHW class.
I live not too far away from the area and like to go out around there occasionally.
Let me know if you want to meet up at the show. We can have a large cheering section for our guys. lol.
Monster Mass, you look good and thick bro. I'm sure you will do well at the show. Only 2.5 weeks till show day.
I'll see you there.

cool

thanks - any support will be great
this will be my third show
hope i can handle the pressure and not screw up....

|---[\\\\]>------------ Damn, that is some serious thickness. Phil and i chatted about you few weeks ago and he said that you were a freak and from the pics, i can see it. Your lats are HUGE. look how low they start! very wide too..your lats go out as far as your elbows do! overall very well put together good luck

i will be at the show this yr, i have gone to the last couple of PGH shows since i live 20 mins away...i can tell u this if the competitors are like last yr u will run away with the how thing good luck buddy, an look forward to seein u there...

Monster_mass:

Man, I hope that you're really just trying to appear humble. If so, that's cool. If not, that may be something you need to try to come to terms with. If you think that you've lost the show or will fair poorly before you even begin it, then odds are with it that you will. I think that your physique has too much quality to be knocked down points for something like that.

While I do like the fact that you're not praising yourself, you are certainly much better than you're giving yourself credit for here.

Also, look at it this way: Phil's got your back. So, with your already superhuman physique and Phil's advice, you're going to do some damage on that stage, brother. I wish you luck, but I really don't think that you'll need it.

Excellent, great look. Thick, dense, and complete. Much luck.

Everything looks great, maybe a bit more thigh mass, but overall your going to do great...

best of luck

chris

Im with Chris here--a bit more quad size in the long run but good god--unbelievable shape and size in the upper body---your going to kick some ass--no doubt about it

WOW! You look great, good luck at your show!

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Finally, i can take a break
it's all over
here are the results

Apr 24 - npc upper ohio valley
LHW - 1st

May 1 - npc Pitts
MW - 2nd

I would like to thank Kit Kitson from MO, who helped me with my diet and dry out for both shows. This guy really knows his stuff and it really made a difference from what I have done in the past. PM me if you want his email add. (Kit won the overall title at the NPC MO championships in 2003).

thanks to phil for advice on training.

Congrats

Job well done bro, now pig the fuck out on a good buffet.

Hey mass, you did the UPPER OHIO VALLEY CLASSIC. That was the first show I did last year. I talked with Rick Bayardi (the promoter) just the other day and he siad there were like 80 competitors but he said the quality was poor, but he also said that you were very impressive. He said you were natural, is that true? I was actually going to go up to the show but did not make it, wish I would have gone. Great job.

Re: ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

monster_mass said:
Finally, i can take a break
it's all over
here are the results

Apr 24 - npc upper ohio valley
LHW - 1st

May 1 - npc Pitts
MW - 2nd

I would like to thank Kit Kitson from MO, who helped me with my diet and dry out for both shows. This guy really knows his stuff and it really made a difference from what I have done in the past. PM me if you want his email add. (Kit won the overall title at the NPC MO championships in 2003).

thanks to phil for advice on training.

From these pictures, your dietition had you lose 18 pounds to get to Middleweight to take 2nd after taking first in Light heavies the week before? Did you question this?

My point is

Why force someone into a weight class if they looked better heavier, even if it was in the middle of a higher weight class? I feel that you were quite lean at 194 in these pics, losing 18 pounds from there does not sound right to me. I wish I would have been a little more informed as to what was going on with your diet, but you went with what you were comfortable with.

Believe it or not, i weighed in at 179lbs at the upper ohio valley, without changing anything except for water intake on Fri and some cardio, as i did not dry out for the first show, being a warm up. I was surprized myself, because I felt I did not look any different then at 194lbs, and people thought I was heavier than what I weighed! Guess my bones dont weigh anything...
For the Pitts, after drying out, I dropped to 173lbs and was tighter.

I dont know how I looked to the audience at either show, cos I didnt take any pics. Anyone who saw the show, would appreciate any feedback.
If I can get a hold of pics , I will post them.

I did not question my placing as weight 77 has explained that the promoter of the show felt that the standard of the Upper Ohio Valley was poor, which is probably why I managed to win the weight class. The Pitts is a bigger show, and a better indication of where I stand.

Last edited:
MassM & Phil

I was at both the Upper and Pittsburg as I had a friend competing in both as well.

Mass M you looked great at the upper bro but did look at bit smooth. Your thickness and shape looked amazing and deserved 1st and overall.

BUT you did look much better at the Pittsburg, and you still looked like a light-heavy. As for taking second, it was a tough call but the guy who won looked amazing as well. Actually the top 3 in that class looked good.

The only thing I think you would need to improve is better conditioning from the back (mainly hams) and to change your back lat spread. From the audience stand point, your arch in your back takes away from the size of your back and smooths out your hams too much.....otherwise wouldn't change a damn thing.

Congrats to you and wish you luck in the future.

monster_mass

I didn't know which guy you were until you just said how you placed! I would definitely have come up to say hello and wished you well if only I had realized.
My buddy was in both shows and won his class of the SHW in both.
You have alot of potential my friend. The biggest improvement I can suggest to you would be to bring up your legs a bit to match your super- wide back. Other than that, your conditioning was pretty good.
I heard from someone that the LHW winner of the Upper had dropped to a MW and knew who they were talking about.
I always get a feel that not everyone gets placed quite fairly at the Pitt show. Someone (or two) always seems to get screwed. How do you feel about the show?
I know one thing that was COMPLETELY REDICULOUS was the placing for the overall figure!
Not to be too hard on the girl they gave the overall to, but I feel she should have placed 3rd in her class at best let alone get the overall. But I guess I'm not one of the judges that matter either.
IMO I think the MW winner had a better chance of winning the overall more than the HW they gave it too. The MW guy was really hard and had pretty good shape to his body. You had your work cut out for you with that guy. lol.
The HW was thick, muscular and looked pretty good, but a little blocky and too smooth to deserve an overall win at this show.
The politics involved in soome of these shows can really put a sour taste in your mouth. The only thing you can do is improve every year and hope the judging is fair.
Good luck in your future shows bro.

thanks

thanks for the feedback and advice. I will be taking a year off to address my lagging body parts.

As for the overall, i am inclined to agree with you Mike Man - I thought the MW should have taken it, but I think he may have lost it becos his conditioning deteriorated during the night show compared to the day, and that might have cost him.

I have got to say that after talking with monster mass, he is probably the one of the most down to earth people I have met. It is almost as if he has no clue how good he is or could be. Good luck in the future big guy.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws