over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Offseason Diet

Many thanks for posting the diet Shelby, I do not think anyone can argue that it has been successful in creating some great new growth! Quick question, for your precontest diet will you be doing keto/carb cycling, or starting with carbs and going keto for the final portion?

Many thanks for posting the diet Shelby, I do not think anyone can argue that it has been successful in creating some great new growth! Quick question, for your precontest diet will you be doing keto/carb cycling, or starting with carbs and going keto for the final portion?

I'll be starting with some carbs. I can't say for sure how the prep will play out though (every prep is different) - I'll play it by ear.

Keep up the good work Shelby!!! Looking awesome!!

JM

Yes, from that pic your offseason if going great and blew your lean physique up. Props Shelby on the improvements!

Yea, no kidding lol. You look quite a bit leaner than you were last year when you were around 220lbs.

Thanks gentlemen. One meal at a time. :)

I saw your list for the "milk" you made. Would you share your breakdown of how much mac oil, almond butter, whey, etc?

Always look forward to your posts. If you post, I find myself reading everything you put out there.

I saw your list for the "milk" you made. Would you share your breakdown of how much mac oil, almond butter, whey, etc?

Always look forward to your posts. If you post, I find myself reading everything you put out there.

1 1/3 scoop Trueprotein cold filtered whey isolate
1 scoop TrueProtein micellar casein
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp macadamia nut oil

blended with about 1.5 cups water

Shelby how much of each food are You eating for instance Your beef/shrimp/brown rice/nut meal..? Thanks

Over the last few years you've turned into a 'freak' before our eyes. So, so impressive Shelby. Much respect goes out to you and those you help accomplish their goals. Amazing job man...

A question; What do you think has contributed most to this years conditioning and size improvements?
-DC, with a slow controlled negative?
-More Steady supply of carbs?
-Cardio? (How much do you do in the off-season?)
-Supps?
-New training partner?
-Less stress?
-Lots of competitions? (maybe primed your body for growth? by running lower cals for so long and then bam, hitting a period of higher cals consistent w/ heavy training?)
Just wondering b/c you seem to be making improvements by leaps and bounds over the past year or year and a half?

Shelby how much of each food are You eating for instance Your beef/shrimp/brown rice/nut meal..? Thanks

I don't mean to be a dick, but I don't want to give out that much detail.. this is what I do for a living. I will say that the protein per meal ranges from 30 to 65g, the fat from 15 to 35g, and the carbs from 20 to 60g. None of my clients are on this diet, but none of my clients have the same diet.. all are customized and change over the course of time, depending on a myriad of factors.

Over the last few years you've turned into a 'freak' before our eyes. So, so impressive Shelby. Much respect goes out to you and those you help accomplish their goals. Amazing job man...

A question; What do you think has contributed most to this years conditioning and size improvements?
-DC, with a slow controlled negative?
-More Steady supply of carbs?
-Cardio? (How much do you do in the off-season?)
-Supps?
-New training partner?
-Less stress?
-Lots of competitions? (maybe primed your body for growth? by running lower cals for so long and then bam, hitting a period of higher cals consistent w/ heavy training?)
Just wondering b/c you seem to be making improvements by leaps and bounds over the past year or year and a half?

Haha.. I'm hardly a freak... but thank you. More like a guy that just won't give up, lol.
As for what has helped the most over the past year or so, I would say all of the above... they are all so inter-related and important.
I think I just found the right combo of training, diet (finding my "sweet spot" with macros to optimize muscle growth and hormone manipulation), supps, recovery, etc. that pushed me to the next level (I think I was at level zero before, and now I'm at like 0.5, lol). This sport really is a marathon.. and it takes time to figure out what's best for YOU... I tell this to my clients all the time.. some get it, others don't...

I don't do any cardio in the offseason :eek:

Thanks for this thread Shelby. You are very generous in giving out some insight on your methodology bro

shelby, whats your opinion on hood low calorie milk ( its basically low carb, 5 per serving)

A lot of guys have been asking me about my offseason diet this year, so here it is.. nothing too fancy really.

meal 1:
fiber cereal, a bit of fruit, and "milk" made with whey, casein, almond butter, and macadamia nut oil

meal 2:
whole eggs, a bit of oatmeal

meal 3:
beef, shrimp, a bit of brown rice, and some raw nuts

meal 4:
same as meal 1

meal 5:
beef, shrimp, a bit of brown rice, extra virgin olive oil

meal 6:
either whole eggs and a bit of raw milk cheese, or salmon, or swordfish

night-time shake:
whey, casein, mac. nut oil

on training days I replace meal 4 with a preworkout shake (waxy maize, whey, mac. nut oil) and post workout I have waxy maize and whey.

supplements:
fish oil, evening primrose oil, vit. D3, vit.C, multi, glucosamine, ALA, milk thistle, livercare, coral calcium, melatonin

looks good i add some broc or green beans in for your overall health.

good shape for off season too bra.

SB

I don't do any cardio in the offseason :eek:

That's it! I officially hate you :D

But seriously, you look amazing and thank you for sharing as much information as you have. :fo:d-smil

Hey bro I was wondering how hard do you try to spread your meals evenly throughout the day? About how long between meals?

thx for the info shelby - youre looking great too

i know you said you keep your carbs steady this time... but i wanted to make sure if you were having a refeed (high carb day) at all during this diet? if so could you please give a general idea of how many carbs + how often?

thx!

It's cool to see your approach with the carb intake. I think mass amounts of carbs are HIGHLY overrated in the off-season. I looked at most of your vids on youtube. The T-bar rows with the reverse grip look fantastic. I would have never thought to try those that way. There is a video of you doing some posing from (back shots) and for a minute I didn't know it was you. You need to post that video. The thickness and width is pretty crazy.

LOL Shelby thank you for your generous post on your off season diet. Like you said you do this for a living and I understand completely you can't give away a lot of secrets....Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for the post and your a FREAK!! In a good way of course hahaha :D

shelby, whats your opinion on hood low calorie milk ( its basically low carb, 5 per serving)

Should be fine for an offseason diet or even fat loss diet depending on how you have things set up.

looks good i add some broc or green beans in for your overall health.

good shape for off season too bra.

SB

Yah, my appetite sucks right now so fibrous vegetables aren't high on my priority list. To make up for it I take a Super Greens supplement and also a psyllium husk fiber supplement. Not necessarily ideal, but it will work for the time being.

Hey bro I was wondering how hard do you try to spread your meals evenly throughout the day? About how long between meals?

It usually ends up being about 2.5 hours between meals... sometimes more, sometimes less. Some people stress too much about meal timing (oh my god, my meal is 10 minutes late!). Your body gets used to set meal times, but it's not going to start eating up muscle tissue if you have a meal an hour or two later than you normally do. We would have never survived as a species if that were the case.

thx for the info shelby - youre looking great too

i know you said you keep your carbs steady this time... but i wanted to make sure if you were having a refeed (high carb day) at all during this diet? if so could you please give a general idea of how many carbs + how often?

thx!

Refeed days aren't warranted for me right now - I'm not getting glycogen depleted.

It's cool to see your approach with the carb intake. I think mass amounts of carbs are HIGHLY overrated in the off-season. I looked at most of your vids on youtube. The T-bar rows with the reverse grip look fantastic. I would have never thought to try those that way. There is a video of you doing some posing from (back shots) and for a minute I didn't know it was you. You need to post that video. The thickness and width is pretty crazy.

Well, everyone is different. I have a handful of clients that would shrivel up in a couple days on this diet... they need way more carbs. But you're right, I think carbs in general can be way overrated.

I think this is that video you were referring to (thanks for the compliment!):
YouTube - cognitrop's Channel

Thanks again everyone.

Speaking of vegetables not being in the diet, Ronnie Coleman says he hates vegetables and does not eat them so with what hes taking should be fine with just taking the supergreens supplement but I'm sure you can't beat the real thing.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear