YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My performance in the gym is better if I take a day off after leg day! What say you?

headtrainer

Registered
If I don’t take a day off from the gym following a hard leg workout, my CNS does not recover enough to get the most out of my next workout. Does anyone else have this problem?

I also normally take an off day after leg day as it's by far my hardest day, what's the issue with it? You trying to lift 7 days a week?

Leg day is taxing for most of us but many guys begin their split with quads or legs and just roll on from there. My legs are weak and lag since squatting is tough for me now. Too many herniated disks to go heavy. Nowadays I just isolate the thighs more when I do presses, extensions, hacks. Even then- it’s just a tough day for me. I can get a good look to my legs with these excercise but nowhere near the size I would get with squats and I never even went that heavy.

I do legs right in the middle of my three day split.

I also normally take an off day after leg day as it's by far my hardest day, what's the issue with it? You trying to lift 7 days a week?
I only lift 4 days per week. But I still do better if I don’t workout the following day after leg workouts.

If my legs are crazy sore I definitely take off from cardio a day or two after leg day.

My performance on the day after legs was less then if I trained the same part after any other muscle group. The cumulative amount of weight lifted on leg day could be as much as most other parts added together.

My performance on the day after legs was less then if I trained the same part after any other muscle group. The cumulative amount of weight lifted on leg day could be as much as most other parts added
Leg day is taxing for most of us but many guys begin their split with quads or legs and just roll on from there. My legs are weak and lag since squatting is tough for me now. Too many herniated disks to go heavy. Nowadays I just isolate the thighs more when I do presses, extensions, hacks. Even then- it’s just a tough day for me. I can get a good look to my legs with these excercise but nowhere near the size I would get with squats and I never even went that heavy.
I think beginning the weekly split with legs is a mistake. I believe it’s better to end the training split with legs—taking a day or two off before training another body part.

I take off after leg days. The only thing I could possibly train well after a leg day would be a pump arm session

pull
Push
Legs
Off
Upper
Legs
Off

Same for me...but my issue is after leg day my lower back is fried...and I work out every day...so I just do chest the following day so I can lay down

Same for me...but my issue is after leg day my lower back is fried...and I work out every day...so I just do chest the following day so I can lay down

I have a rest day between my back day and my leg day, but if I have problems or discomfort in my back, I will rest for 2 days

Used to take days off after leg day and that made me question everything my commitment and everything I was doing. Now I’m just powering through. Although post leg day work outs are definitely the worst ones.

I don’t think it’s a problem, I just think it means your training like a savage beast. And your body needs a day to recover. If you need the day take the day. I started getting my biggest when I went from training 6 days a week to 4.

If I don’t take a day off from the gym following a hard leg workout, my CNS does not recover enough to get the most out of my next workout. Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes, I typically work out every other day just for those reasons. I learned that from Powerlifters, they typically never workout 2 days in a row to give their CNS a break.

Yes, I typically work out every other day just for those reasons. I learned that from Powerlifters, they typically never workout 2 days in a row to give their CNS a break.
Ditto. I always liked M/W/F, pull/push/legs. I never got into working out two days in a row.

I also usually rest one day after a leg workout, I like to do it like this

I never liked push/pull/legs....push is so much easier than the other two days so I usually do pull/push/legs/off

our PL group usually did upper/lower/off/upper/off/lower/off

the back to back days were chains/bands/repetition work

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner