over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My reply to all the preaching threads

Man I had to read that twice. I felt the passion behind that post. Sometimes we all need to get that kick in the sack and come to reality with ourselves. 20g a week is fucking mind boggling.
I’ve only been a part of this forum for maybe a year now and I love every part of it.

I associate body building with "Ripley's believe it or not."

Can’t say that name rings a bell, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t on that board. I only remember a few people. This is like 20 years ago😮. Used to talk (privately) to “keyser_soze” on there a lot until he had some big packs seized at the border and he disappeared.
haha I think you and I probably crossed paths sounds like we frequented similar spots. Kind of crazy thinking about all the people that have come and gone.

haha I think you and I probably crossed paths sounds like we frequented similar spots. Kind of crazy thinking about all the people that have come and gone.
Yeah makes me wonder where people went. I’m sure some are around under different handles but there is so many that just vanished. Especially after certain forums got shut down.

How about the guy that called himself "The Hulkster"? I remember reading him on a board a long time ago. It was a board I joined before Elite Fitness. I can't remember the board's name. He seemed like a leader on that board and knowledgeable at the time.
That was Gary Becker. He was a cool guy before he did his whole Guam reverse scam incident. That happened in 1999 IIRC, could have been 98. The guy never looked like a BB'r though, and he built up his physique more than it was. He posted a picture, and everybody started ragging on him. It was one where he had his arms up like in a pull-up position. He had the Hulkster newsletters, that were actually good at the time. A lot of the guys who wrote articles in them were good guys, some still around. The newsletters were posted at EF, but they were also copied to other forums. We have them available at WCBB...I think K1 may have posted them over at Anasci as well. He was pretty popular during those initial years because he was outspoken and talked as an authority, mainly a board whore so people just thought more highly of him. I don't really ever have an issue with guys that aren't genetically blessed, but when they talk themselves up as being a huge bodybuilder and aren't...well, that's different, lol.

Those were good times back then. Guys that get offended these days would have never survived back then. When the boards first started you could sign in as any name you wanted to. Most people respected each other's names, but I remember when Animal would piss people off and people would fukk with him a lot and sign in with the same name, lol.

How about the guy that called himself "The Hulkster"? I remember reading him on a board a long time ago. It was a board I joined before Elite Fitness. I can't remember the board's name. He seemed like a leader on that board and knowledgeable at the time.
It could have been Anabolex? Both EF and Bolex were like sister sites. Bolex was started by Brian Raupp, and he was at EF prior to that. He started Anbolix with Bill Llewellyn, but they had a falling out, so he left and started Anabolex. If not, then there was also Renegade and UGsupps.

It could have been Anabolex? Both EF and Bolex were like sister sites. Bolex was started by Brian Raupp, and he was at EF prior to that. He started Anbolix with Bill Llewellyn, but they had a falling out, so he left and started Anabolex. If not, then there was also Renegade and UGsupps.
Yes. That was my first board along with EF and AF. Then came here and SSB.

Remember Gavin Kane and that whole mess at Bolex?

LOL, forgot all about Gavin Kane! I cant remember what the drama was about but I do remember it being a big deal.

Hey what happened to Hulk1550? He was a massive mother fucker. And a pretty good dude.

You and him helped me a lot in the old DC two way by the tractor days

I thought that was here, went by the name Almost Pro, then after he was exposed for using someone else's pics started as Gavin Kane

could be completely wrong though

Hey what happened to Hulk1550? He was a massive mother fucker. And a pretty good dude.

You and him helped me a lot in the old DC two way by the tractor days
I don't think he's on any boards these days. He was only ever on AF and Iron Trybe after FitnessChick and Iron God got him and others on the forums. He's friends on my FB, but i hardly see or talk to him. They had a strong group going on over in NJ/Penn for many years for powerlifting, but he moved to Ohio many years ago now. I'm not sure what he's been up to. I know he got injured while training for a PL competition, and then never got back into it again...he may have also had some health issues, I can't remember. Good guy, funny and he could come off like a dick to people who didn't know him, but was a good guy, lol.

This forum will always be the one known by all but not wanting to be associated with because of the Sponsors section and the banners you see everywhere...If you had read my previous posts many of the guys that turn Pro here have actually messaged us asking to have their info deleted once they get that card.

edit: Although Dante is correct...Social media is taking down this forum the same it has all the rest. In the end unfortunately, the only ones that will survive (ie. bb'ing) are the sellout boards that are just fluff and bullshit.
I'm not as pessimistic about this forum not surviving the advent of social media as you are K1.

This board is a wealth of information not to be found anywhere else and certainly not on social media so I'm pretty positive it will live on for as long as Big A wants it to.

I'm not as pessimistic about this forum not surviving the advent of social media as you are K1.

This board is a wealth of information not to be found anywhere else and certainly not on social media so I'm pretty positive it will live on for as long as Big A wants it to.
I don’t know man. This place has definitely gone way down In activity in the last ten years. There used to be way more topics and posts

I don’t know man. This place has definitely gone way down In activity in the last ten years. There used to be way more topics and posts
Use of the hi-way system of roads decreased significantly when the USA introduced the interstate system but people still use them when they suit their needs. This place is much the same. IG/YT simply will not go to all the destinations this forum will so despite the reduced traffic as long as the needs are still there this place will exist. Less BS users are a plus IMO and I wish some OG's would realize that most of the riff-raff is now gone and they should return if the morons ran them off so to speak.

Use of the hi-way system of roads decreased significantly when the USA introduced the interstate system but people still use them when they suit their needs. This place is much the same. IG/YT simply will not go to all the destinations this forum will so despite the reduced traffic as long as the needs are still there this place will exist. Less BS users are a plus IMO and I wish some OG's would realize that most of the riff-raff is now gone and they should return if the morons ran them off so to speak.

It wasn't the morons who ran the majority of high level guys off the forums. If that were the case you think they would be on social media? Social media is THE haven for morons and fuckery. It's the large audiences and immediate views that seduced them to social media and that's just how it is. No one is coming back. And looking at it from strictly a business perspective, social media is amazing.

Btw, love these past 2 pages as its a walk down memory lane. EF was my first board and i remember all these names as I lurked and just aaate up all the topics and convo we were having back then.

And yes 100% heavyhitter. I love ass and tits, but when the ASS THREAD is the most bumped thread, then there is a problem lol
Not a ton of new topics of convo in here lately. But it does come in waves. For 3 months itll be pretty dry and then itll be fulled and posted for awhile. Ebs and flows of it.

It wasn't the morons who ran the majority of high level guys off the forums. If that were the case you think they would be on social media? Social media is THE haven for morons and fuckery. It's the large audiences and immediate views that seduced them to social media and that's just how it is. No one is coming back. And looking at it from strictly a business perspective, social media is amazing.
perfect metaphor. Social media is awesome, but cannot handle the deaper nuanced conversations that are relayed through here.
The problem is that the bits and pieces of info that make their way thru current IG/YT is primarily trash. Debate and discussion in not really the goal. Its mostly uplifting one's personal opinion. Boards did/do a great job of opening up a topic and having many knowledgable people add in their 2 cents and then everyone can kind of decide based on multiple opinions. Imagine trying to learn about your first cycle thru twitter or IG? jesus....

Damn, bro, this forum has a lot of activity, I don't wish there were more threads or posts each day, it's enough to keep me busy and entertained, lol

I don't think ig and the forums serve the same function. Forums are for debate, to exchange information. Social media is nothing more than attention and profit. There is nothing gained by some guy posting his breakfast and fanboy's worshipping it in comments. He wants attention and adulation from them, they I guess want to give it to him? The whole concept seems odd to me. I don't want attention or praise for cooking breakfast and I certainly don't find intetst in a muscular man making a video of him blending a shake.

Forums have valuable information. People can learn things that can benefit their physique. Maybe some value the interaction but it is the knowledge that should have the value.

I feel like if anything there are more boards now, and Reddit, that decrease traffic for each forum. I think this one has a better presentation because it isn't brown down into so many sub forums. People can browse one big forum for training, diet, aas info. Where other forms foolishly break this down into 20 smaller forums and it's annoying to click on each one.

Hopefully the age of social media will pass or somehow evolve, we saw Myspace become irrelevant. I can't quite grasp why people are so obsessed with social media and feel the need to put their business out there and Care about others business. Maybe it stated with MTV real world or survivor and people just want to feel important like they are some sort of celebrity?

All very good points, instagram is for those who want to feel famous or important because of their appearance or wealth (real or simulated), without adding anything of value to the world.

Like I said, the only utility of instagram for bodybuilding fans is to see what athletes look before the shows, but unless you are a fan of BB shows, you are not missing anything.

Sure, there are some profiles that bother to offer some information next to the photographs or videos, but it is not the most suitable medium for it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws