over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My resting heart rate is 44!!

bigdog123

Banned
I have been on lower carbs and doing a bit of cardio (first time in 3 months) and took my RHR this morning and it was 44. Last night prior to bed it was 49.

Does this indicate I am supposed to be fit or that my heart is working well? I cant run very far, but then being 215 it is obviously harder on the joints.

Bradycardia can be a serious problem, and with a resting heart rate that low you need to go see a doctor immediately. The only population that might even be remotely normal for would be elite marathon runners.

I resting heart rat is often in the low 50's and with a little focus and breathing i can drop it as low as in the low 40's high 30's , I've learned to do this for long distance shooting.

Now my blood pressure is normaly low also , the heart Dr.'s and cardio Dr's my wife works with said that some folks run low and that as long as I'm still active and it comes up with activity its fine.

One of the leading heart surgens in the south east say that weight liftes have stronger healthier hearts than runners because their heart rate goes up and down rather than getting high and staying high which cause the heart to loose some of its elastisity , commonly known as "runners heart"

that does seem a little low. were u really focussing on slowing your breathing when they were taking it? this could cause the reading to not be your true resting heart rate, but it is not abnormal for someone in good health to be in the 50s

Just taken it again now sitting at my desk and it is 65.

44 was first thing, I was virtually still asleep.

Usually when i`m heavier (230) and eating more, it is 60 or so but after a few weeks lower carbs, I have dropped 15lb and it is around the 50 mark. I did CV this morning and felt fine, heart rate was around 140 for most of it.

The 44 did worry me, hence why I have posted. I am only 30 and feel healthy, should I see the doctor?

BTW my blood pressure was taken a few weeks back and was 112/67.

Last edited:
Just taken it again now sitting at my desk and it is 65.

44 was first thing, I was virtually still asleep.

Usually when i`m heavier (230) and eating more, it is 60 or so but after a few weeks lower carbs, I have dropped 15lb and it is around the 50 mark. I did CV this morning and felt fine, heart rate was around 140 for most of it.

The 44 did worry me, hence why I have posted. I am only 30 and feel healthy, should I see the doctor?

i dont think you need to see a doctor because like you said you were half asleep. a few weeks ago i had minor surgery and when i was in the recovery room they had me hooked up to a monitor for my heart rate and blood pressure etc...well i had just woken up and was very relaxed and my heart rate was 38. the machine had an alarm that kept going off and the nurses rushed in but i was fine.

Back in my mountain bike racing days my resting heart rate was under 50 bpm. If you're in good cardiovascular shape, it may not be a big deal.

I wonder if it has anything to do with lower carbs? I notice that when I was bulkiing and doing cardio my HR would get up to around 150 in less than 5min at a moderate level on the eliptical. Now im about 15lbs lighter and dieting and I can barely get it past 125-130. Even on Yellow Haze.

I think low carbs will drop your thyroid output, which will in turn reduce your heart rate. OP, yeah, if you're at 65 at your desk, the 44 reading was a bit of an anomoly, probably nothing to worry about.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws