• Introduction
  • The Basics
  • Cardio and Training
  • Supplementation
  • protein and Fat Tables for common Diet foods
  • Shopping List
  • Additional Resources
  • About the Author

Shelby talks about an interesting type of diet some of you may have not be familiar with. It is written in an easy to understand format, where the average man or woman could understand it. He doesn't smother you with large unnecessary words, yet he still goes into enough detail so you know 100% what he means and how to apply it.

By page 7, he already goes into details about how to set up this diet, with exact recommendations of how much protein, fat and carbs you will need in your diet, both for males and females.

I will say I feel 100% confident that I could set up a diet for myself or anyone else, and not have to ask him a single question.

He also goes into good detail about refeeds, and again mentions how often you need to do it, depending on your body fat %. He gives you the exact number of carbs and frequency.

From reading the index, you can see he goes over what type of cardio, and most important to me, he says why you need to do this kind of cardio. When you hit a plateau, he gives instructions of what to do next.

Probably the nicest part of the book to me was the fact he listed amounts of food to eat the get the total amount of fat and protein you need, such as this much chicken breast for 18, 22, 28, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60 and 70 grams of protein. He also does something similar for fat, where he lists foods to eat for 5, 8, 10, 15, 20 and 25 grams of fat.

He also gives you a shopping list, so you can just print this page off and take it with you to the store and pick up anything you'd need.

Finally, he lists other books that you will find interesting, from looking at the list, I've heard of or read most of these, and only have positive things to say about them.

Over all I would rate this book a 10 out of 10, it is easy to understand, easy to set up and a very reasonable price.

If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer them(No I will not send you the book), or Shelby can answer them if he’s more qualified.

I was going to ask him before buying it, but since you're reviewing it.

Is it contest prep specific? or does it contain all the necessary information that one who simply prefers a low carb lifestyle would want also?

I know this will overlap often, but does it cover simply low/no carb diets for the compeition level bodybuilders or those who aspire to that? or does it cover everything that someone who loves the gym and prefers to stay lean will also appreciate?

The shopping list obv. covers both, I'm curious about the rest of the content.

A yes, no, or short answer will suffice, I don't expect him to give it away for free. I simply am nearing 40 and don't see preparing for a contest as something I want, I do love a low carb lifestyle and how I feel and think he's mastered the getting lean part to the max personally- I'm just not sure if it was written to a target audience? or more broad?

I'm just not into getting big all winter to shed for a contest, something from him describing his philosophy in a year round context would be invaluable.

Good review.

I was going to ask him before buying it, but since you're reviewing it.

Is it contest prep specific? or does it contain all the necessary information that one who simply prefers a low carb lifestyle would want also?

I know this will overlap often, but does it cover simply low/no carb diets for the compeition level bodybuilders or those who aspire to that? or does it cover everything that someone who loves the gym and prefers to stay lean will also appreciate?

The shopping list obv. covers both, I'm curious about the rest of the content.

A yes, no, or short answer will suffice, I don't expect him to give it away for free. I simply am nearing 40 and don't see preparing for a contest as something I want, I do love a low carb lifestyle and how I feel and think he's mastered the getting lean part to the max personally- I'm just not sure if it was written to a target audience? or more broad?

I'm just not into getting big all winter to shed for a contest, something from him describing his philosophy in a year round context would be invaluable.

Good review.

I'll have to let him answer who it's for, but anyone could use it and set it up. I'm not familiar with contest dieting, so I can't say. Sorry he'd be a better person to answer this.

If he keeps coming out with e books, I will have to by a book self for them. He is probably the smartest man I knew in the sport of bodybuilding, aspects of life and also living. He is a true person.

great review. shelby is top notch.

I'll have to let him answer who it's for, but anyone could use it and set it up. I'm not familiar with contest dieting, so I can't say. Sorry he'd be a better person to answer this.

That's fine, I'm sure he'll get to it. It's a very small difference. I've just often saw things that are either low carb simply as weight loss, or low carb as contest prep. What I'm wondering is how to eat throughout the year in a common sense manner with emphasis on low carb.

Obv. I want muscle and to be lean, I just don't like fluctuating in weight and my emphasis isn't on competition. I'm just curious if the template is there that can be easily modified to reach personal goals. I've seen him and many of the other trainers here make almost unreal progress with the overweight, and those on the brink of great things in BB, I lie somewhere in the middle of being happy at present weight, like a low carb lifestyle, and I'm curious how to incorporate it into my life.

I tend to lose weight if I eat a clean low carb diet, but I don't want to eat crap. So then I incorporate cheat days, but if effects my energy and I crave again for a few days. Probably just need to keep fiddling until I reach the right amount of carbs/calories/ cheat days that will leave me feeling like I do when on low carbs, but not dropping weight constantly. It's amazing the amount of food you can consume when not eating carbs and still lose weight, at least for me.

T
He also goes into good detail about refeeds, and again mentions how often you need to do it, depending on your body fat %. He gives you the exact number of carbs and frequency.

From reading the index, you can see he goes over what type of cardio, and most important to me, he says why you need to do this kind of cardio. When you hit a plateau, he gives instructions of what to do next.

This, right here, is well worth the price of admission for me. I'm there now and it's frustrating as fuck. I've improved GREATLY but seem to not be budging now. Thanks, in advance! I have high hopes. Also, thanks for the review 7DS!

when you buy the "E-Book" shoulden't it prompt you to download it after you have paid??

as for the book....it is well worth the 10 bucks i paid but it is very short, more of an article than a book. im not complaining, it probably just speaks to shelbys ability to condense the information down to whats important and discard all the filler. but i did expect it to be longer thats all.

towards the end of the book he said something to the effect of "if your an ectomorph, u would should read my carb cycling diet book"....so it kinda made me feel as if i bought the wrong book. again, not complaining, may have saved me some wasted effort on a diet that might not be as suitable to me as his other diet.

Reading it now

Hey shelby.... I just purchased the e-book, very good read, I had a quick question..... if someone wanted to use this diet in the offseason what would be the number that you'd x the protein and fats by.......Thanks.

Hey shelby.... I just purchased the e-book, very good read, I had a quick question..... if someone wanted to use this diet in the offseason what would be the number that you'd x the protein and fats by.......Thanks.

Keto type diets are not optimal for growing, in my opinion/experience.

In the offseason I'd definitely add carbs to most meals depending on your body fat and metabolism.

Protein and fat could also be increased, again depending on the situation.

At a bare minimum I'd add carbs to meal 1, pre and post workout, and also do re-feeds more often (or more voluminous) than just one meal per week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity