over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Septoplasty Experience

fryzway

Banned
I had a Septoplasty/Turbinite reduction done on 5-18-12. the surgery was elective and done under general anasthesia. I was under about an hr and 40 min. I stayed for 3 hrs post-op to be monitored coming out of Anastasia and for pain. I was sent home that day with Percocet for pain and an anti biotic. The pain was Un bareable at times but nothing some extra IBprofin Couldn't help. I stated in bed 90% of the time, getting up long enough to eat, take my pills and use the rest room and cLean my nose. I went in today to have my nasal splints removed. They cut one stitch and pulled them out 1 by 1. It was instant relief. Those splints are so much larger than you realize. Every bit of 3 in long. I tarted having bad chest pain the night before that seemed to get worse the longer I was at the doc. I was taken down to the ER where they checked for a PE but thankfully it was negative. I do have pneumonia from being layed up so long after surgery. It was all in all worth it and I would do it again in a min. The rush of air you get when the nasal splints cOme out is amazing and will keep getting better as the swelling continues to subside over the next 2-3.wks. I fell asleep in the ER and when i woke up i asked my Pap if I was snoring real loud and he said told me he didn't even notice me snoring if I was. I used to wake ppl up with my snoring !

Good for you brother.

My kid used to wake up the whole house with her snoring until the adnoids were shaved down.

good luck w your recovery

WOw, any idea what the chest pains were, maybe the pneumonia? I wonder if this surgery might be too much for me now with my weakened heart.

Thank you so much for sharing this....

I am getting the cat scan done this week and having the procedure done sometime within the next few weeks.

It is nice to know that both breathing and snoring are positively affected.

I am hoping that my sleep and other aspects of my health, will improve with the addition of another nostril to breath from.

Maldorf, the doc though it could have been a PE but after an X-ray, CT, EKG and labs it turned out to be pneumonia. Breathing through my nose feels amazing. It is def not a breeze to go through or heel from but I believe it is well wort it. Doc said he took a hammer and chisel to my nose bc my bones were grown. In all diff directions and I had only 2 very small passages to breathe from. I felt plugged up all the time. Constantly dizzy. Felt like Cpap really wasn't helpin much but hopefully now that will all change but it's to early to tell. I would say just from the breathing today. Have it done.

Maldorf, the doc though it could have been a PE but after an X-ray, CT, EKG and labs it turned out to be pneumonia. Breathing through my nose feels amazing. It is def not a breeze to go through or heel from but I believe it is well wort it. Doc said he took a hammer and chisel to my nose bc my bones were grown. In all diff directions and I had only 2 very small passages to breathe from. I felt plugged up all the time. Constantly dizzy. Felt like Cpap really wasn't helpin much but hopefully now that will all change but it's to early to tell. I would say just from the breathing today. Have it done.

My nose is like that I think. I saw a surgeon about getting it done and he said he thought he could to it but had to check with my cardiologist and hematologist.

With my nose its pretty much the situation where one side is open but the othe is clogged up. If I shoot some nasal spray in the side that is closed it will open it up in a few minutes but then the other side closes up!! I can shoot it up both sides and they will stay open for about 6 hours but then they swell up again. I tried the corticosteroid sprays but they didnt really work for me, and I had really bad nose bleeds.

Was your nose doing that? I have a deviated septum that much I know, not sure about the chonci or turbinate bones in my nose.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member