over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Serostim Results: Generic vs Pharm Grade Comparison: Confused

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Ok, for those that are not familiar with my posts on GH, I have been using GH for over 2 decades now and probably for the past 10 years without any breaks(mostly at 4iu per day the last 5 or so years). I have bloodwork done roughly every year and always have IGF-1 levels included in that. I have also been a proponent of the fact that GH is GH irrespective of pharm grade or generic. What I mean by that is if a vial actual contains 10iu of GH(that's a big "If") then the results should be the same. I have always based this on logic as well as my experience using Serostim many years ago. To elaborate, I used to have a good hookup on Serostim kits and never had much of a difference with results or IGF-1 levels on them compared to the Thanktropins. The Thanktropins have been my GH of choice up until a little over a year ago when I did a serum GH on Rips which blew everything out of the water(no pun intended). That has since changed back to the Thanktropins(based on the 3D look and IGF-1 levels recently drawn), unfortunately they are not manufactured anymore and my supply is dwindling. Anyway, back to the point of this thread. There has been so much debate between pharm grade and generic GH and it has been so long since I used pharm grade GH I decided to give it a go again paying close attention to how I feel, look, as well as serum GH and IGF-1 levels. I just finished a month at 4iu per day and am here to present my results as well as hopefully get some feedback on interpreting them as they didn't go as expected and have left me more confused than before. For starters, let me give you my serum GH numbers from all my tests performed to date in order from high to low:

Riptropin:35.0
Elitropin(black tops): 23.7
Thanktropin: 23.7
Thanktropin: 21.1
Novotropin: 21.0
Serostim: 20.3
Thanktropin: 19.1

I was a little surprised at the Serostim serum GH numbers but they were still close to all the others except for the Rips. Before I go any further let me state that I am 100% sure that the Serostims were legit. The person I got them from sells only human/pharma grade stuff and has been around a long time with a great reputation(and does not sell on PM).

Anyway, I was on the Serostim for 1 month before getting my IGF-1 levels drawn. Initially I gained a couple pounds of water which if I remember correctly used to happen to me each time I used Serostim before when switching from the Thanktropins. During the month I was very pleased with the results and my strength actually increased more than it has in a long time which I was not expecting. I liked it enough that I wanted to continue it and even e-mailed my contact to purchase more before I had my IGF-1 levels drawn; unfortunately(or fortunately) he was out at the time and I opted for some Humatrope(which I will be testing soon). Anyway, I had my IGF-1 levels drawn last Friday and received the results monday. Here are my recent IGF-1 level:

6/09/2012: 460(Thanktropin)
11/15/2013: 421(Rips)
12/6/2014: 394(Rips)
2/21/2014 273(Serostim)

I didn't look up prior years before 2012 as my office is a mess but my normal score for IGF-1 levels over the years on 4iu has been in the mid 400's and that includes my prior use of Serostim many years ago. So when I got my lab results back I was shocked at how low the IGF-1 levels were. I have not had a score this low that I can remember. In terms of AAS, for the tests in November and December I was on 350mg test E and 200mg Deca if I recall correctly and switched to 200mg test E and 400mg Tren E around the end of December and then in mid January dropped the Tren E down to 100mg(I need to sleep) and added in 300 mg Mast E. So, from an AAS standpoint I can't see why my IGF-1 levels would drop so much.

So the purpose of this thread is two-fold:

Firstly it is to give my experience both old and new on the various generic GH's as well as the pharm grade Serostim. Overall, of all the GH's I have ever used I have to say there is something magical about the Thanktropin that gives me that 3D dry, lean look that none of the others do. This isn't only based on my opinion of how I look but based on the comments I get from friends and random people that I see in public that come up and talk to me. I also have 2 very close friends that had been using the Thanktropins consistently and switched with me over to the Rips a little over a year ago. Neither of them liked the Rips because of the water retention and 1 of them even sold his back to me. I personally like the Rips and while I initially retained a few pounds of water, it all came off within a couple of weeks. I just don't get that lean look with them that I get with the Thanktropins. Now before you start thinking this is a commercial for Thanktropin, they are not manufactured anymore and therefore are not available, so there is no hidden agenda here. I would rank the Serostims right below the Thanks in terms of results with the only issue being that I didn't quite have that lean look I get with the Thanks which I think is due to the slight amount of water they made me hold. In fact I switched back to the Thanks on Monday as I finished my Sero kit Sunday evening, and I can already see a difference in veinyness(if that is a word) and have dropped about 3 pounds(which I am guessing is water and not fat). Considering that the Thanks are not made anymore and I only have 4 kits left I would consider using the Seros again if it were not for the low IGF-1 levels(not low, but lower than expected); which brings me to the second reason for my thread.

Secondly, for those that understand peptides and IGF-1 levels, what would cause such a drop in IGF-1 levels? The only thing that I can think of is that I quit taking TB-500 about a month ago. I have been using it at 4mg per week off and on for over a couple years. Here is where things get interesting. One of the reason I quit taking it is because I get hypo each time I inject it. I have used 3 different research companies and 3 different versions from 1 of those research companies(non-USA, USA, and USA premium) and all of them make me hypo. In fact one of them I purchased in 5mg strength so I would only have to inject 1 time a week and it really threw me into hypo. Is it possible that the contents of TB-500 is actually some other peptide and that peptide is causing a spike in IGF-1 and translating into higher IGF-1 levels on bloodwork? I am not real familiar with all the peptides, are there any that result in more than a temporary increase and are enough to make that kind of difference on my levels? Before I got my IGF-1 results my plan was to jump on either the Humatrope or Genotropin I have sitting in my fridge and do serums and IGF-1 with them. However, based on my IGF-1 results I have changed my plans and am sticking with the Thanktropins and going to do a new serum with the kit I am currently using and then IGF-1 levels a month down the road while remaining off the TB-500. If I get similar blood results from the Thanks then I know that somehow the TB=500 is causing my IGF-1 levels to spike and also that somehow my body is not responding to GH from a IGF-1 level standpoint like it used to. At that point my next step would be to consider taking a couple month break from GH and then redoing the same experiment over.

Anyway, this is my story, any feedback or any info that might help me understand what is going on with my IGF-1 levels would be appreciated. The purpose of this experiment initially was to get some better answers on the difference between pharm grade and generic GH and instead of getting answers it seems as if I have only created more confusion and uncertainty.

Wow thanks for sharing your experience

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

So would you guys say pharm is not worth the extra money?
Or do we need to see more comparisons before we come to that conclusion?

So would you guys say pharm is not worth the extra money?
Or do we need to see more comparisons before we come to that conclusion?

I think if you want to be 100% safe and not have to worry about toxicity or anything that might be in the Chinese GH then it would be wise to go with pharm grade. If you are looking for the best gains, I think more comparisons need to be done and am going to continue with that process myself. In terms of fat loss I can't say I noticed any difference but it was only a 1 month period. I did notice some strength gains but I don't know if that can be attributed to the Tren kicking in or not.

Reading this makes me think opting for ghrp2/cjc no dac is the best option. Igf1 blood work usually ranges in the 300's from 100mcg of each 3x/day and costs around $80/month. Serum hgh is usually between 12-25. You just saved me some money. Thank you for posting this thread.

Thanks for posting bro

Reading this makes me think opting for ghrp2/cjc no dac is the best option. Igf1 blood work usually ranges in the 300's from 100mcg of each 3x/day and costs around $80/month. Serum hgh is usually between 12-25. You just saved me some money. Thank you for posting this thread.

I know that you know your peptides inside out. Based on what you are saying, would it be possible that the vials of TB-500 that I am injecting twice a week could raise my IGF-1 levels on blood work by about 150 over what they would be without taking them(if in fact they contain peptides instead such as a ghrp2/cjc mix)?

I know that you know your peptides inside out. Based on what you are saying, would it be possible that the vials of TB-500 that I am injecting twice a week could raise my IGF-1 levels on blood work by about 150 over what they would be without taking them(if in fact they contain peptides instead such as a ghrp2/cjc mix)?

My guess is the TB-500 is actually ghrp2
The Chinese are known to sell ghrp2 as igf1 and more expensive peptides to increase profits

Last edited:
My guess is the TB-500 is actually ghrp2
The Chinese are known to sell ghrp2 as igf1 and more expensive peptides to increase profits

Thats what I was afraid of, thanks!

I've read this before when datbtrue posted his results. He actually doubled the recommend dosages of the two and scored a 12 serum result at 40 mins post injection which would be peak time compared to around 3 1/2hrs post for gh.

I don't all that much on a lot these peps accept for igf.

Last edited:
I've read this before when datbtrue posted his results. He actually doubled the recommend dosages of the two and scored a 12 serum result at 40 mins post injection which would be peak time compared to around 3 1/2hrs post for gh.

There were ghrp2/cjc no dac serum hgh blood tests posted last year that were above 30. The peak time is 60 minutes for iv injections of ghrp2. There are many studies on this at pubmed.com. Via iv, serum hgh was over a hundred on some, whereas the average serum hgh was 20.

Not all peptides were created equal. Just as hgh tests high and low, so do peptides based on quality and based on individual response.

That's pretty darn good.

wow, great thread. What about water retention on the pharm grade? any diff for you?

Why not rips.

Rips are by far the best considering the price are reasonable.

Thats what I was afraid of, thanks!

I'm glad JJB1 confirmed my thoughts....he does know his peptides. I would take GHRP-2 immediately following my workout just for the extreme appetite it would create.......at times it felt very similar to an insulin crash.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws