over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My take on the O

Iabadman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Wow .....it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Jay looks horrible .Smooth ......looks oiled . Legs are down from ten years ago. Look at his pics from Muscular Development Magazine from say 12 years ago when he first came on scene. Tell me he is a better bber ?[ Massive post the pics bro ] .Tell me that 12 years of hard training, diet, and drugs and how the hell do you go backwards?Only his back , waist , and head /hands are bigger. Should not win.No way

Ronnie how fast the king has fallen .He looks so bad . Not even the same guy from 2 years ago . What the fuck could have he done to fall that far? Once again .Massive post the pics from when he was his best to now and it freaking scary.I just hope his health is ok .Because soemthing seems wrong.He wouldn't make my top ten .

Dexter.........on point conditioning .......good balance ....would like to see him third. I cant believe how much of the sweep all these guys [ ronnie ,Jay , gustuvo , melvin, Tony ,] all lost in their legs Why is that ? that seems strange ? Why would they all lose their legs sweeps ? Something is up?

Victor.........I see him as first although I don't think his physique is perfect by any means . He has strange shape to his legs , horrible lat speads , not real broad, arms seem oiled ..........but sweet overall compared to the other guys ......Great front double bi and rear double as well ......Nice ab shot and is in shape.....

Wolfe .......My idea of bber ......would be second only because Victor is alittle more complete . He could hang with the great 90s bbers and that is saying something.......alittle more back ,hams , and calves .And this guy becomes a cartoon character......

Melvin.......Smooth ,but nice shape .....but legs are down .....I like his back and that keeps him in the game.

Gustuvo ......in shape .....legs down ....back up ......proportion off......should be in the top 6 or 7

Tony......flat and small ......definately got some bad advice and used some harsh water depleting method.......Looks 20lbs lighter

Markus .....going backwards as fast as Ronnie......sad

Dugdale ........man what happened ?

Rockel ........alittle more back and arms.......he could hand with the big boys .nice shape .....quads are great and small waist

Henry ....his best look to date......should be in the top 10 ......complete physique.....like to see him next to dex [ if Dex sayes he is 230 at this show ....he living in Flex Wheelers dream land.....he is maybe 215 at his best .....bet he is 210 at this show...he turned pro in the low 180s.....no way has he gained over 40lbs]

Samual.......round muscle for days ....in shape......but doesn't flow .....narrow .....weak back ......Henry should beat him...

Harris....looks good .....should be in the top ten ....full and hard ....sick back
I was at work and the guys and I are watching the videos and pics as they came in . I could just see the dissapointment in their eyes. Like what is happening? These guys look awful. I used show non bbers Wheeler , Cormier , Ray ,Levorne , Milos , Sonny , Ronnie, labrada , Haney , benfato ,Strydom ,Hernon , Newman , Mike frances [sp?]and they would be amazed and in awe. Last night not one guy said anything positive .........It made me sad.....I mean who growing up didn't want to look like Arnold or even Haney?.....but honestly who wants to look like Jay ? Not many ........which is sad .......The sport minus Wolfe , Dex , and Vic [maybe Melvin too ] lacks the beauty it once had......There is no flow or class to most of the physiques . Oil has taken striations and deep cuts from the game.....waists have explanded ......leg shapes are dissapearing........

I am a huge fan of the sport . Maybe not the sport ,but I guess of bbing in itself. But to see the toll the drugs are taking on these genetic elite is hard to watch. Seeing heads ,hands , waists , and feet expand to freak like proportions......the oiled smooth muscles and torn muscles as well .....doesn't make sense.........these guys are busting their ass , risking their health and freedom . For What ? [ 110,000? and a title that no one cares about?] I don't see the point. I thought bbing was to make you the biggest ,best , most beautiful version of you that you can be .........the chemical expiriments that these guys have become made these guys look worse not better.......probably shortened their lives and emptied their bank accounts .....

I so respect and appreciate the hard work and sacrifice that these guys make. And yes ,for some nobody like me to critique these guys is kind of not fair. But I can not bite my toungue any longer............something needs to change and change fast.........the sad part is the nature of man is to go forward ,not backward.......so yes , the judges can pick Victor and make a statement.......but guys will still push forward ......someone will appear that will be successful and then the madness will continue [that might be Wolfe now ]........I all I can say to the guys that compete on here......is guys ....you blessed with a certain frame to work with .......don't distort yourselves by chasing someones elses ideas ......be the best you that you can be within your own limits.....too much muscle looks like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag.......keep shape in mind at all times......and remember drugs are a tool ,not an answer .I think most of our brothers on that stage last night forgot that part ......

Last edited:
GOOD POST

Jay looks horrible .Smooth ......looks oiled . Legs are down from ten years ago. Look at his pics from Muscular Development Magazine from say 12 years ago when he first came on scene. Tell me he is a better bber ?[ Massive post the pics bro ] .Tell me that 12 years of hard training, diet, and drugs and how the hell do you go backwards?Only his back , waist , and head /hands are bigger. Should not win.No way

Ronnie how fast the king has fallen .He looks so bad . Not even the same guy from 2 years ago . What the fuck could have he done to fall that far? Once again .Massive post the pics from when he was his best to now and it freaking scary.I just hope his health is ok .Because soemthing seems wrong.He wouldn't make my top ten .

Dexter.........on point conditioning .......good balance ....would like to see him third. I cant believe how much of the sweep all these guys [ ronnie ,Jay , gustuvo , melvin, Tony ,] all lost in their legs Why is that ? that seems strange ? Why would they all lose their legs sweeps ? Something is up?

Victor.........I see him as first although I don't think his physique is perfect by any means . He has strange shape to his legs , horrible lat speads , not real broad, arms seem oiled ..........but sweet overall compared to the other guys ......Great front double bi and rear double as well ......Nice ab shot and is in shape.....

Wolfe .......My idea of bber ......would be second only because Victor is alittle more complete . He could hang with the great 90s bbers and that is saying something.......alittle more back ,hams , and calves .And this guy becomes a cartoon character......

Melvin.......Smooth ,but nice shape .....but legs are down .....I like his back and that keeps him in the game.

Gustuvo ......in shape .....legs down ....back up ......proportion off......should be in the top 6 or 7

Tony......flat and small ......definately got some bad advice and used some harsh water depleting method.......Looks 20lbs lighter

Rockel ........alittle more back and arms.......he could hand with the big boys .nice shape .....quads are great and small waist

Henry ....his best look to date......should be in the top 10 ......complete physique.....like to see him next to dex [ if Dex sayes he is 230 at this show ....he living in Flex Wheelers dream land.....he is maybe 215 at his best .....bet he is 210 at this show...he turned pro in the low 180s.....no way has he gained over 40lbs]

Samual.......round muscle for days ....in shape......but doesn't flow .....narrow .....weak back ......Henry should beat him...

Harris....looks good .....should be in the top ten ....full and hard ....sick back
I was at work and the guys and I are watching the videos and pics as they came in . I could just see the dissapointment in their eyes. Like what is happening? These guys look awful. I used show non bbers Wheeler , Cormier , Ray ,Levorne , Milos , Sonny , Ronnie, labrada , Haney , benfato ,Strydom ,Hernon , Newman , Mike frances [sp?]and they would be amazed and in awe. Last night not one guy said anything positive .........It made me sad.....I mean who growing up didn't want to look like Arnold or even Haney?.....but honestly who wants to look like Jay ? Not many ........which is sad .......The sport minus Wolfe , Dex , and Vic [maybe Melvin too ] lacks the beauty it once had......There is no flow or class to most of the physiques . Oil has taken striations and deep cuts from the game.....waists have explanded ......leg shapes are dissapearing........

I am a huge fan of the sport . Maybe not the sport ,but I guess of bbing in itself. But to see the toll the drugs are taking on these genetic elite is hard to watch. Seeing heads ,hands , waists , and feet expand to freak like proportions......the oiled smooth muscles and torn muscles as well .....doesn't make sense.........these guys are busting their ass , risking their health and freedom . For What ? [ 110,000? and a title that no one cares about?] I don't see the point. I thought bbing was to make you the biggest ,best , most beautiful version of you that you can be .........the chemical expiriments that these guys have become made these guys look worse not better.......probably shortened their lives and emptied their bank accounts .....

I so respect and appreciate the hard work and sacrifice that these guys make. And yes ,for some nobody like me to critique these guys is kind of not fair. But I can not bite my toungue any longer............something needs to change and change fast.........the sad part is the nature of man is to go forward ,not backward.......so yes , the judges can pick Victor and make a statement.......but guys will still push forward ......someone will appear that will be successful and then the madness will continue [that might be Wolfe now ]........I all I can say to the guys that compete on here......is guys ....you blessed with a certain frame to work with .......don't distort yourselves by chasing someones elses ideas ......be the best you that you can be within your own limits.....too much muscle looks like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag.......keep shape in mind at all times......and remember drugs are a tool ,not an answer .I think most of our brothers on that stage last night forgot that part ......

GOOD POST !! I MISS THE DAYS OF LEVRONE, WHEELER, RAY, FRANCIS. IS IT THE LIGHTING??

I wish it was the lighting.........no Kissing ass Phil......but if you did the O yesterday in your USA shape .....you would have been first or second.......Small waist ....great thickness .....better sepparation......Victor might have had you on the rear double bi .......but you could or beat him in every single manditory .......just a different ara .....you ,flex ,chris ,mike ,paul ,paul ,denis ,shawn , lee all had incredible genetic gifts......your bodies flowed and didn't have too much mass although when you turned pro you were pushing it ......conditioning was better , there were seperated and striated musles.......and tons of good guys ......genetetic pool was deeped .......because the 70s and 80s guys looked great although besides haney , banount Strydom , Paris , terriel, labrada , mendenhall , leidelmeyer ,birdsong ,nazzaro , few had great genes and most of those guys never got it together......if was the lesser gifter daredevils like gaspari .....christian , beckels ,coe , viator doing damage .....those guys attracted the better genes pool and man there whe a alo of great bodies built in the early to mid ninities.........the mags were cool and the clothes were not ....lol.....but man tons of great bodies back then and you were one of then ,,,,,,,,,,I would liked to seen you and mike franis go to toe to toe down the line as you had better lines ....but he had that sick leg shap and great back........i am telling you most guys are at least 2000 - 3000 gram s a week ......using sythol , pain killers , pot,,,,,sleep meds ......and well into the 10 iu range in gh ........I think gh more than 2 ius is stupid or maybe 4 ius eod to keep your pituitarty from shutting down.....guys in the 70 s were taking less 400 grams a week ,,,,,,,80s aboutb 1500 mgs and some gh,,,,,2- 4 ius eod ,,,,,,in the 90s people pushed the evelope a bit ......but the genetic eilte stay int at 80s range and that gave them quality and longevity........I believe you body has certain thresholds .....the currant proticals [ and yes i have see then fro some top guy s recently] are just wearing these guy bodies out.........oils and escline killed the muntzer , momo , type condition ......and the gh and inslin brings into too much water.....will it work for a while , but in time your body will rebel then fade,,,,,,,,i seen this happen to many of the years,,,,,,, at 240 Phil is you best shape you could do it on moderate drugs. but like i said is it worth it to you after all you have been through,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It is nice to now that you and titus would have been top five in your best shape........you need to start working with your fellow pros ad streer them in the right directin.............What kid besides maybe Trey brewer wants to turn himself into a huge freak,,,,,,,,,and you are I both know most guys like him end up crashing and burning in the sport.........I just care about the guys in the sport some better choices need to be made ........bbing peaked between 93 and 96 then it started fading .........we need to make the spaort more attractive to young people and help develope first class physiques once again,,,,,,,,,,it can happen .....I hope it does,,

agreed. agreed. agreed.

i dont know how its possible, but it is happening- the physiques of some of these guys are actually worse rather than better, which is odd considering the fact they still train, eat and do whatever else they need to to perform at that level. it really is mind boggling to me.

why/ how is this possible? it is especially noticable in thier sharpness- even holding no water, the sharpness isnt there like it used to be in days past. some guys used to look like walking anatomical charts (gaspari).

i too long for the days of the 90's again. the days of ray/ levrone/ wheeler/ newman et al. but i think they are long gone. the ifbb needs to start rewarding physiques like dexter's and wolf's and not what we are seeing being rewarded before this sport becomes relegated to the strange sub- culture it was considered before arnold made it more popular.

but my question is how and why are the physiques not only not improving, but worsening? gh has been around for decades now as well as insulin- is it the peptides- igf etc?

BFU

Iabadman,

I've never had the pleasure to talk to you in private, but let me tell you reading your posts is ALWAYS a blessing... your analysis of today's BB is absolutely spot on... WORDS OF WISDOM.

Building your body to live healthier and be in the best shape your genetics allow you to achieve is a great thing, shortening your life, emptying your bank account, risking jail and sacrificing your relationships cause some brand new peptide add claims it will make you gain 1/2 inch on your arms is just PLAIN SILLY.

Honestly, checking the boards and reading all those threads about stupid protocols to follow to a T to be in the perfect "anabolic window" makes me sicker by the day :mad:

IS THIS SPORT JUST ABOUT DRUGS OR WHAT :confused:

What has happened to good ol' training, is there still some pleasure in lifting weights, the satisfaction of a good workout, or has BB just become science these days?

Holy shit i think you were standing behind me when i was talking to my boy last night on the phone after the O. You just read my mind so clearly that its actually scary.... just confirms how right you are that people have the SAME observations and thoughts that you do on the sport...

Holy shit i think you were standing behind me when i was talking to my boy last night on the phone after the O. You just read my mind so clearly that its actually scary.... just confirms how right you are that people have the SAME observations and thoughts that you do on the sport...

Great post.
You know, I have been a big Cutler fan the last few years, ever since he was a rookie pro and after last night, when I saw Wolfe, I said that's what Mr. O should look like.
One by one, as the guys continued to come out, I kept saying no Wolfe still looks the best to me by far.
I have to say that I still like Jay, but in my heart I have to admit that he should not be Mr. O.
I think Wolfe is the epitome of what can be the extreme levels of mass while still having extreme definition and keeping your physique "human".
If the judges could get ballsy this year, we could be looking back on 2007 Mr. O as the one that ushered in the "shape era" years from now.
If you had your top 6 as Wolfe, Vic, Dex, Melvin, Samuel, Henry you would have a fantastic start to a new beginning in the sport and put it back on track.
I know I am in a dream world, but how great would that be?

This has been going on for years, even though these guys probably test in at lower bodyfat percentages than years back, they look much smoother.

I generally agree with what you said... the biggest are getting bigger and softer.

Totally agree about the disappearing quad sweep... I think its due to excessive injecting in the outer quads.. it has to have something to do with scar tissue or nerve damage. When (when I dabbled with aas.. past tense of course) I was doing daily shots with prop and bold suspension I was injecting quads often... hell if I didn’t lose all quad sweep in my left thigh... it came to resemble a square. I stopped all quad injections and it improved a bit.. not much (not that I had great sweep to begin with)

Wolfe outclassed the big names with ease imo. He’s got the lines, condition and most importantly the frame to stand next to coleman and cutler and not get dwarfed.. but dwarfed anthony, gustavo and jackson.. why he wasn’t compared with cutler boggles the mind... he should be fighting for the top three.

Wide shoulders small waist, flaring quads with freaky detail hung on a large frame.. he’s what mr o should look like.

He’s got the mass minus the bloat and large mid section.. he could use a bit more back thickness but I would not have a problem with him in first place at all.

I agree with the fact that the sport is changing rapidly. I mean look how much its changed since the days of arnold to now. That wasent all THAT long ago. Where the sport is headed is anyones guess, Sadly I don't think its in any good direction.

My heart is heavy....

Can't lie..this "O" sucks!! Just waiting for some great posing routines. The King Coleman..wow just wow!!! How great thou once was. It is time to retire; with grace!! Ronnie didn't have his normal confident swag...He just looks defeated and tired! Jay..please; not looking healthy or good. Vic is the now and future king...no questions asked!! He is young and can only improve. Guys like Jay and Ronnie have no room really for improvemnt. What take more chemicals? Everyone can talk crap about genetics this and that; but bodybuilding is about CHEMICAL WARFARE NOW!!! Get over it!! Fuck shape and flow. Fuck quad sweep and x-frames....straight bs!!

What happened to Kai Greene? I didn't see him. Smart guy take the time to improve Tony Freeman..big let down. He should have stayed with Dave Palumbo; why he changed up anyone's guess.

Ronnie, thank you for the great years of Mr."O". Live a normal life now brother!! Sad thing his package was pretty incredible; but nothing to take away your breath like before.

The clear and easy winner: Victor Martinez, second: Dexter, third: Jay just because, fourth: Dennis Wolfe, Fifth: King Coleman 6th..who cares.

Dougal is a DC disciple now, what happened? Always loved Harris aka King Kong look. I felt that if he could just put it together..man watch out!!

Now really who would you really want to look like...Jay Cutler or Lee Haney? Sergio or Ronnie? Hell my fave..Danny Padilla or Ruhl? Take your oils, take grams and grams of chemicals...throw your high amounts of igf and gh plus insulin in the mix..have some half way decent genes and you to can look like a freak...hahaaaaaa!! Keep it bro. Not to mention you might just not get past the local shows....wtf? Now you got a pro card..so what!! No health or medical care, no union, no million dollar contract, no normal lifestyle. Okay good deal huh?

Last edited:
Great stuff guys, excellent reading! Thank you all for my night more interesting and giving me food for thought:)

Realy enjoyed your takes on this years O guys. I was expecting one of the best O's ever with this big of a talent pool, and with jay only being a 1 time winner it would leave an opening. I have only seen pics so far but what I'm seeing is more scary then impressive. But at this point I couldn't guess at the final placing so I guess that part is interesting. But the reviews here are spot on.

Great post J--absolutely agree

wanna-be-big from IM put this picture up---thought it was great. Want to get bbing back in the right direction? Make a statement with Wolfe and put him in top 3 and forget this "paying your dues" bullshit

Attachments

• comp.JPG
    comp.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 941
Outside of Arnold, who made me fall in love with lifting weights and body building, Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler are my 2 all time favorites in the sport. I think Martinez and Wolfe look incredible and have the type of bodies that made me love the sport. Those are bodies that could compete with my all time faves. I really hope they don't fall into the trap of get as huge as chemically possible, like it seems the trend now is. Don't get me wrong some of the massive size some of these guys attain is impressive as hell, for a He-man action figure, but I prefer the bigger more athletic look. Like Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler. I really hope bodybuilding can take a step back and revisit the look of the 80's and 90's

A few guys in their prime *past and present guys*

Just what a these guys look like back in the day. No disrespect to the guys. Like massive said on mayhem: These guys just dont see whats in the mirror sometimes.

Attachments

• jay-cutler.jpg
    jay-cutler.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,718
  • kevinlevrone4.jpg
    kevinlevrone4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 816
  • 1544092046ronnie_coleman.jpg
    1544092046ronnie_coleman.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 698
A few more

Some more

Attachments

• christina21bbig.jpg
    christina21bbig.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 509
  • shawn_ray.jpg
    shawn_ray.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 539
  • dillet06.jpg
    dillet06.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 641
  • franc62.jpg
    franc62.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 460
  • gunter4.jpg
    gunter4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 418
Great post J--absolutely agree

wanna-be-big from IM put this picture up---thought it was great. Want to get bbing back in the right direction? Make a statement with Wolfe and put him in top 3 and forget this "paying your dues" bullshit

Amaizing bro!!!! i totally agreed with this post.

To me Victor is the winner but DENIS WOLF IS THE BEST CONDITION, BEST PHYSIQUE AND IMPROVED GUY I EVER SEEN.

Take a look of his pics of the new York pro thrue today..WOOOOOH!!!

I think it is something new out there, check the huge improvements of Kile Green, Johny Jackson, Denis Wolf and Will Harris, they got some magic formula or what??? all of them train very hard and consistance for years but they put on about 10 pounds or more in a short time.

:D

Attachments

• QW5Q7734_MCTOYDUXRY.jpg
    QW5Q7734_MCTOYDUXRY.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 436
  • QW5Q7738_EZEFSESTAI.jpg
    QW5Q7738_EZEFSESTAI.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 399
  • QW5Q7743_VMVCWJUQFS.jpg
    QW5Q7743_VMVCWJUQFS.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 363
  • QW5Q7762_QZXPMJKYPL.jpg
    QW5Q7762_QZXPMJKYPL.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 353
  • QW5Q7769_ETOTBCPWSB.jpg
    QW5Q7769_ETOTBCPWSB.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 373
I am confused at times about the pro game..... We keep saying we prefer the body types of Dexter or Henry. We love Wolfe, Melvin and Charles; yet we the people are the ones that in the same breath say we want bigger and better; we want cartooned freaks. We are the ones that clamor for the big at all cost looking bodies. Arnold was not enough, so we got Haney..then Dorian..then Ronnie..What is next? Bodybuilding is a lot like wrestling..started out with a few decent impressive bodies...like Superstar Billy Graham..Hogan, Ventura..then we got Lugar,Billy Jack...and The Ultimate Warrior..Now they are beyond belief.

I think too, a lot of guys these days rely on chemicals and not true hard work and genes anymore. So you are able to push the body way beyond where it wants to really go; without the hard work. The Pros these days half ass train too...Look at the boys from the 80's and 90's....Flex, Levrone, Gaspari, Shawn Ray and Cormier to name a few....They trained together; they train balls to the wall. They challenged each other, they trained heavy and hard. Hell, if Cormier would put 415 up on the incline pres for 10 reps...Flex wanted to do the same..Hardcore gym ethic. Arnold, Draper and crew busted ass in the gym, this is way all the formention iron warriors had the deep cuts the illmatic flow, the natural beauty.

As the song goes....." Change gonna come!"

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420