over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY THOUGHTS ON NUTRITION

Magnum-I went back and read the entire post of chris' journey to nationals and watched your diet change throughout. But i have seen similar diets and seen people put in extra fats with the high protein meals. They might add evoo, fish oil, primrose oil, borage oil, CLA's, GLA's.... etc in with the high protein meals. Just wondering why you didnt do this and your thoughts on this type of supplementation.

Magnum-I went back and read the entire post of chris' journey to nationals and watched your diet change throughout. But i have seen similar diets and seen people put in extra fats with the high protein meals. They might add evoo, fish oil, primrose oil, borage oil, CLA's, GLA's.... etc in with the high protein meals. Just wondering why you didnt do this and your thoughts on this type of supplementation.

I haven't seen any difference with using these although I'm not saying they may have a health benefit just don't make a difference as far as getting lean.

Last edited:
hello, just wondering what the difference is within the body a protein shake that is made to be a meal replacement containing fast acting and slow acting proteins such as nitrean compares to real food like fish, chicken steak etc.

^^Nothing can replace the benefits that one can recieve from whole food. Whole food provides more vitamins, nutrients and also amino acids which are all far more superior than consuming a protien shake.

^^Nothing can replace the benefits that one can recieve from whole food. Whole food provides more vitamins, nutrients and also amino acids which are all far more superior than consuming a protien shake.

Yep :)

So true !!

O/T.......Magnum you were suppose to post the pics (that Phil was talking about) about your wife from the 80's or 90's....Not sure which but i would like to see her conditioning even back then.

Yeah, sorry...kinda vague...
There are many things that could be lacking, but I think only nutrition is the missing key for me. Some element therein is holding me back - I think...

I eat free-range eggs for breakfast, tuna mid-morning, whey shakes between meals, beef, chicken, or fish for lunch, and usually about 500-700 grams of lean beef (flank) for dinner when I get home after my workout (8PM). Shake again before bed.

Thats one big serving of beef Hawk...:cool:

O/T.......Magnum you were suppose to post the pics (that Phil was talking about) about your wife from the 80's or 90's....Not sure which but i would like to see her conditioning even back then.

OK I'll hunt for a few.

So you are getting leaner, but not gaining any muscle?

Yes, I'm geting leaner. I'm going to up my carb a little...

Magnum, Do you think there is diffrent betwen Fat, oils source, as Gains in offseason

Like, fat source from Olive oils vs corn Oil. Saturad fat vs mono fat....I'm talking about just Gains, lose fat....

BUMP!!

Yes, I'm geting leaner. I'm going to up my carb a little...

Magnum, Do you think there is diffrent betwen Fat, oils source, as Gains in offseason

Like, fat source from Olive oils vs corn Oil. Saturad fat vs mono fat....I'm talking about just Gains, lose fat....

Fat sources that I prefer are from red meat, olive oil, cheese, cottage cheese ect. Not are huge fan of oils, I like to get my fats from solid food.

bumping this up...lots of good info :D

Magnum,

What do you think of carb cycling diets? Do you think carbs all day on workout days, and carbs only in the first 2-3 meals on off days is an effective way to build muscle mass in the offseason?

Magnum,

What do you think of carb cycling diets? Do you think carbs all day on workout days, and carbs only in the first 2-3 meals on off days is an effective way to build muscle mass in the offseason?

The best regimen which worked for me in terms of carbs, is consuming 6 intakes(meals/shakes) a day, maintaining around 40 grams of protein in each, starting real high on carbs on the first one, then gradually lowering throughout the day; though after 6:00pm, I do go only with veggies as a source of carbs.

Hey Magnum,

If someone is use to the bodybuilding style of foods(in terms of selection), but is perhaps poor at timing and the in's & out and resembles a body of a beginnner. Is it possible to do a body recomposition naturally? Slowly get stronger and more muscular, yet get in better condition?

hi magnum

what would be an ideal pre workout meal if you train in 2 hours after you wake up?

I have been consuming 190g 93% lean ground turkey
30g oats 1/2 tsp cinnamon
190g egg whites
2g evoo
w/ a little spinach on the side

This macro break down is 61/20/16
other break downs i use are: 52/30/16
52/20/30
61/0/30
Depeding on the macros I want to go with I change the amounts

Been doing some research and thinking about changing it up adding some cottage cheese and maybe some type of fruit to stick with my macros as I read cottage cheese is insulin sensitive and the long break down would do my muscles good during a workout as well as the fruit would be a great energy source back with nutrients.

I currently train similar to what Max O/T outlines

Example:
Back
Warm up(%s of 5RPM) to prepare muscle
50% 2 sets 12/10 60% 6 75% 3 90% 1

Pull ups - 2,3 sets (5-7) 2 min rest each set
deads- 2,3 sets (9-11) 1 min rest each set
Vgrip row-2,3 sets (11-15) 30secs rest each set

THANKS SO MUCH I KNOW ALOT OF PPL ON THE BOARD DONT LIKE TO GIVE UP INFO THIS IS GREAT THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS WE ALL WANT TO BE THE BIGGEST WE CAN BE BUT SOMETIMES THE INFO WE NEED IS VERY HARD TO FIND.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131