over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Tips For Keeping Waist Small On Heavy Bulk

itrain

Registered
Every other meal have protein as shake
lower fiber intake (consume most your fiber in supplement over vegetable)
lower protein intake per meal but consume more meals
use fruit for a good portion of your carbs

I have struggled with waist size issues for some time (very big ribcage)

Tried everything this seems to be the best result for me

Also note (dropped deadlifts, lowered ab volume and do vaccuum and transverse abdominal exercises daily)

avoid doing weighted oblique exercises also, and I have read alot of people feel wearing a weight belt around the whole time they lift helps keep the waist smaller

avoid doing weighted oblique exercises also, and I have read alot of people feel wearing a weight belt around the whole time they lift helps keep the waist smaller

I pretty much always avoid weighted oblique exercises no matter what. Haha.

What kind of fiber supplement do you recommend itrain?

one that doesnt include Physillium husk <<< because that opens your instensines and thickens your poop so it comes out in a big log causing stomach distension

I use one from a holistic store its called power shit and has a unch of herbs, roots and stems of various plants ground up

one that doesnt include Physillium husk <<< because that opens your instensines and thickens your poop so it comes out in a big log causing stomach distension

Isn't that effect just temporary?

I have struggled with waist size issues for some time (very big ribcage)

Tried everything this seems to be the best result for me

Also note (dropped deadlifts, lowered ab volume and do vaccuum and transverse abdominal exercises daily)

you got any pics that show what kind of difference this has made in you physical apperance .. im not doubting you just would like to see how much it helps i have a big ribcage too ,,

you got any pics that show what kind of difference this has made in you physical apperance .. im not doubting you just would like to see how much it helps i have a big ribcage too ,,

Boarder it's not a night and day difference and it's only been a short time but I'll take the 1.5 inch waist Loss since I been bulking for 9 weeks as a success in my book

I use one from a holistic store its called power shit and has a unch of herbs, roots and stems of various plants ground up

Power shit?

For me its all about cycling carbs, they are my nemesis. If I over eat carbs for more than two days straight I bloat bad. Lowering carbs down every 3rd day and upping my fats helps keep bloat at bay. Also, I DO deadlifts, and I don't see how they can contribute to a big waist, I doubt you're going to gain a solid inch of muscle around your obliques.

For me its all about cycling carbs, they are my nemesis. If I over eat carbs for more than two days straight I bloat bad. Lowering carbs down every 3rd day and upping my fats helps keep bloat at bay. Also, I DO deadlifts, and I don't see how they can contribute to a big waist, I doubt you're going to gain a solid inch of muscle around your obliques.

LOL you sure about that

Yea...look at my competition photos. I deadlift, the guy next to me didn't. Look who's obliques you can see hanging from rear poses and how much wider my waist is (it measured 29.7" competition day, FWIW, and there was zero bloat on me).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/91599-pictures-first-competition.html

Last edited:
Yea...look at my competition photos. I deadlift, the guy next to me didn't. Look who's obliques you can see hanging from rear poses and how much wider my waist is (it measured 29.7" competition day, FWIW, and there was zero bloat on me).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/91599-pictures-first-competition.html
That's genetics, your waist will look like that either way, its you're structure more than the mass of your obliques you've built deadlifting. Do you have contest pics of you before you did deads? I'm not arguing that deads don't increase your waist size because they do. But most of the waist increase on the measuring tape will come from you're spinal erectors, what's left is your obliques and abs. From a purely aesthetic view (from the front and back) your waist is barely going to be any wider from the extra mass on your obliques, the obliques are just not a muscle group you can build slabs of meat on. I've gained about half an inch on my waist in the last 2 years (now 28.5 inches) both in shape with no bloat (6% bf) and the majority (95%) increase has come from my lower back. If a guy with a genetically small waist deadlifts then his waist will remain small, and a guy with a naturally wider waist/hips deadlifts then he will still have a wide waist. I personally wouldn't stop deadlifting. This is purely in my experience of course, and I respect others opinions on it.

That's genetics, your waist will look like that either way, its you're structure more than the mass of your obliques you've built deadlifting. Do you have contest pics of you before you did deads? I'm not arguing that deads don't increase your waist size because they do. But most of the waist increase on the measuring tape will come from you're spinal erectors, what's left is your obliques and abs. From a purely aesthetic view (from the front and back) your waist is barely going to be any wider from the extra mass on your obliques, the obliques are just not a muscle group you can build slabs of meat on. I've gained about half an inch on my waist in the last 2 years (now 28.5 inches) both in shape with no bloat (6% bf) and the majority (95%) increase has come from my lower back. If a guy with a genetically small waist deadlifts then his waist will remain small, and a guy with a naturally wider waist/hips deadlifts then he will still have a wide waist. I personally wouldn't stop deadlifting. This is purely in my experience of course, and I respect others opinions on it.

No contest pics unfortunately, that was my first one.

I'm not gonna stop deadlifting either, but I knew of two guys that crossed-over from powerlifting into bodybuilding at the show too. Both guys powerlifting 15-20 years. Those two guys had the largest obliques/waists of the entire show.

Yea it might be genetics to some degree, but I promise you my obliques are much bigger than they were before. When doing ab-thigh I had "lovehandles" whereas most others didn't, which was nothing more than my obliques being large and crunched down on.

I think there's an article on t-nation about how britney did 1000s of situps per day and showed pics of her through the years, and she had obtained a barrel gut from obsessively training the abs.

Every muscle can hypertrophy to some degree. My obliques have to be able to support my 500+lb deadlift. Surely they grew from when I could only deadlift 225.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws