advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY TOP 10 "OLD SCHOOL" GIMMICKS I FELL FOR BACK IN THE DAY......

In a few years, kids from today will come on here and start the very same thread to state how back in the day they all fell for fancy peptides xzb1234 or wkj9876 believing it was the pros' secret to build gigantic size while shedding tons of fat... :naughty:

;)

Peptides are what Mega Mass, Cell Tech and Hydroxycut were in the 90s. Snake Oil to be exact. The only pro coach who seems to be recommend them a lot is Dennis James and his guys aren't exactly winning Mr O titles either.

Not trying to get into a pissing match fellas as I respect both of you and your opinions.. but with NUMEROUS labs from brothers of the iron along with clinical trials behind them Im bamboozled how people can still hate on peptides with a straight face?? Im mainly speaking of CJC/GHRPs and such..

As far as IGF LR3 being the holy grail I agree it is overhyped.. But can anyone sit back and say melanotan doesnt get you golden brown?? can anyone sit back and say igf1 scores ranging from 400-600 are classified as "not working??" but when someone posts a 450 igf score on some chinese gh its all OMG and such..

And Im not playing the rep card.. I was a believer in peptides way before I starting repping..

But when lab work confirms peptides work.. and people say they dont work... i guess we should clarify what the word "work" actually means..

Find me ONE person who has taken CJC w DAC and mk677 or ghrp6 and got zero results and had no change in bloodwork.. assuming they had real peptides you are essentially looking for a unicorn..

I agree that we still have alot to learn about the new myostatin peptides but there are tons of peptides that are tried and true..

Just because someone hasnt tried/doesnt understand peptides does not automatically make them "snake oil.."

just my .02 :D

Last edited:
Peptides are what Mega Mass, Cell Tech and Hydroxycut were in the 90s. Snake Oil to be exact. The only pro coach who seems to be recommend them a lot is Dennis James and his guys aren't exactly winning Mr O titles either.
You would say some shit like that..

-Thinking you HAVE to do cardio morning and night plus weights at night cuz "that's what all the pros do..."
-doing prohormes thinking I would be mark McGuire size in a few months LOL
-Chromium Picolate(sp)
-deer antler lol
-mass gain shake when I was skinny in highschool
-thought I could hang with Arnolds workout (I got sick and was sore head to toe in like 8-9 days I was so over trained lol)
-JS

Johnny, I remember that I had that big thick Arnold encyclopedia when I was like 19. Me and my buddies actually followed the 6 day split routine for like 2 months and could not figure out why we didn't explode with muscle size!!! Talk about overtraining. Those workouts would be impossible without some type of "anabolic" help......

I can admit it. When I first came in to this sport I thought taking the weight gainers and working out would make me get big and ripped. What little did I know about real food back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to get into a pissing match fellas as I respect both of you and your opinions.. but with NUMEROUS labs from brothers of the iron along with clinical trials behind them Im bamboozled how people can still hate on peptides with a straight face?? Im mainly speaking of CJC/GHRPs and such..

As far as IGF LR3 being the holy grail I agree it is overhyped.. But can anyone sit back and say melanotan doesnt get you golden brown?? can anyone sit back and say igf1 scores ranging from 400-600 are classified as "not working??" but when someone posts a 450 igf score on some chinese gh its all OMG and such..

And Im not playing the rep card.. I was a believer in peptides way before I starting repping..

But when lab work confirms peptides work.. and people say they dont work... i guess we should clarify what the word "work" actually means..

Find me ONE person who has taken CJC w DAC and mk677 or ghrp6 and got zero results and had no change in bloodwork.. assuming they had real peptides you are essentially looking for a unicorn..

I agree that we still have alot to learn about the new myostatin peptides but there are tons of peptides that are tried and true..

Just because someone hasnt tried/doesnt understand peptides does not automatically make them "snake oil.."

just my .02 :D

Cauthen, I know that I made some nice gains on progens peptides and I only used them for a short period of time.

I can admit it. When I first came in to this sport I thought taking the weight gainers and working out would make me get big and ripped. What little did I know about real food back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know as teenagers we always relied too much on supplements and not enough on basic food.

Progen's Peptides are no joke.

I got serious about training in 2004...at the age of 21. Oddly enough, I don't feel like I've fallen for many gimmicks. This is for several reasons...

A) I wasn't able to fall for them in the 80s and 90s
B) I've been very anal about what I choose to spend my money on. A few letdowns...a lot of mediocres, but definitely didn't buy into much bullshit.
C) I study and read and ask about everything...and I have had very good and knowledgeable people around me and online who were able to shed light on things for me almost from the start.

Just a lot of good decision making and guessing (on certain hunches). I've been fortunate.

I'd say overall....a lot of let downs/mediocre pre workouts. I used cheap proteins in the beginning and then used allthewhey before realizing true nutrition was the King of the hill.

Anyways, enough rambling. Part of me being fortunate was me being tight with my money on anything that didn't look like it was a sure thing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws