over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My training partner

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
He is a type 2 diabetic. I have him on a good diet and about a gram and a half of gear. He has roof it everywhere. We raised his calories but his weight doesn't move. I'm getting really frustrated at this point. Tonight in the gym he tells me he stopped taking the scripted meds for being type two over four months ago. "But he feels fine" lol. Could this be what's effecting his gains? Can having to much sugar in your blood do this?

CG

Would never advise anyone to do 1.5 grams of gear with type 2 diabetes. You are not a healthy person with type 2...let alone an unmanaged/poorly managed typed 2.

Blowing off steam? Do you have an answer to the question? ^ ^ ^

CG

I'm no doctor but if he keeps doing what he's doing, he's gonna lose an appendage or go blind soon. How does one gain healthy lean mass without insulin for nutrient uptake of the carbohydrates especially? Sounds like he's just dumping glucose into his blood to his detriment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its my understanding that diabetes can cause weight loss, so it make sense that he doesn't put on weight if his blood sugar is too high. He needs his meds. Your blood sugar can be high and you 'feel' OK.

CG,
if i was trying to help a guy I request bloods, all meds on, and training-food logs for 2 weeks.
NO idea with the amount of info.

Does he keep track of glucose levels?

CG,
if i was trying to help a guy I request bloods, all meds on, and training-food logs for 2 weeks.
NO idea with the amount of info.

Does he keep track of glucose levels?

Ya, he starts out fasted in the mornings at 90 to 92 and then goes up as the diet hits carbs. He holds most of the day from 125 to 148. This is what I remember from our talking during training. I'm not training him. He picks my "little" brain as we train. "What about this", type of questions.

CG

Ya, he starts out fasted in the mornings at 90 to 92 and then goes up as the diet hits carbs. He holds most of the day from 125 to 148. This is what I remember from our talking during training. I'm not training him. He picks my "little" brain as we train. "What about this", type of questions.

CG

is he actually eating what you tell him to eat?

Pm me his diet and what was his meds? Insulin or metformin? Has he been checking his blood sugar?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Type 2 diabetes is the body's way of forcing weight loss.

If you have a low insulin response, glucose and micronutrients will just build up in your blood which could lead to hyperglycemia. Your body does have other ways of controlling blood glucose besides insulin. One major pathway is just excreting glucose in urine (this is why diabetics can gain a multitude of kidney problems). Basically, if the insulin isn't there, nothing will be shuttled into cells for weight gain.

You could try some lantus in the AM, log around meals, or regular preworkout. Also some combination of the three. Metformin also sounds like a decent alternative in this case if he doesn't want to shoot insulin.

If he's at like 90 fasted, he definitely has a problem. I get like 75 when i'm not fasted. (edit: if he's peeing real frequently, or his pee is really yellow/brown, he's already messing up his kidneys and needs to get treated ASAP)

Last edited:

CG

sometimes people like that are like talking to a wall.

if he is serious you need to get him to pay attention to the bg levels.

doing that will probably help gaining.

as someone else said his body is essentially fighting gaining weight, which is the problem you are trying to address. adding gear or food is gona hurt in the long run.

there may be other options to rx meds but really he needs to take it seriously.

if not you are probably just wasting your time.

hope all is good bro!

Jason poston is type 1 and the guys gets shredded every olympia. there's so many factors why he's not gaining. ofcourse insulin and BG is the main factor

LOL, he is trying to gain muscle weight. Seriously...............?

CG

Fat...muscle...weight is weight when you're type 2.

Seriously?
You're the one giving advice to sick people...

41 posts and your all up in my face. lol :) Did momma give you a time out today?

CG

He isnt eating what you are telling him to eat!!!

My dad is Type 2 diabetic and when he cleans up his diet his Meds make him dizzy and drop his BG too low. His doctor has taken him off and then put him back on his Meds twice. Some people are just borderline and don't need the Meds if their diet is right.

It's also possible he doesn't train hard, his gear is bunk, or he is inconsistent with his gear use.

Blowing off steam? Do you have an answer to the question? ^ ^ ^

CG

I will make your attitude on my wishlists for new years and next decades and I so much hope if I reach your age I will be as immature as you, I really do not want to mature and will do whatever it takes bring it on. Thank you very much and I am no trying to have a row,in fact I will paypal you 5$US if you can buy a glass of red wine for that where you live,was that what you are drinking? ssrsly hats off to you sir!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131