i always wanted to go there

glad you had a nice time

its always nice to be along for the ride
and NOT be the one competing for a change
you just sit back and soak everything in.....no stress

nice Tony

:)

Contest Day

Saturday Morning rolls around. The competitior meeting is really early I almost want to say like 7:30. Do to the fact that Nancy had her tanning spray on she was totally covered. So she didn't sweat to death she turned the AC way down, the room was so freaking frosty I couldn't get out from under the covers. I don't know what time she got up but I awoke only long enough to see her right before she left for the meeting. She said she would try to get me a backstage trainer pass. The meeting must of lasted about 15 minutes because before I knew it she was right back in the room, so I knew I had to start getting ready. I weeded through the piles of Clen, T3, Anavar, and Diuretics to get to the bathroom........Oh I was just kidding I wanted to see if you all were paying attention.....non of that stuff was in the room. Anyway to the show we went.

As usual It was good to see a lot of people I knew from the circuit. So I had no lack of people to talk to and catch up with. That is one of the really good things about bodybuilding the relationships that you make. I do regret never seeing or meeting Mountain Dog or OJS. If I was competing I would of met them for sure but I was on a figure schedule and they really seemed to have the 2 seperated.

Nancy had some really good carb up snacks like some weird Strawberry Almond Granola that was unreal. She also like MM's and stuff like that. I think she started getting worried that I was going to eat her whole supply. The night before I ate her whole bag of MM's she was kind of pissed, so I had to get her another bag.

Here is Nancy relaxing before oil or pump up.​

PM1.jpg

PM2.jpg

Nancy is under contract with Cathe Friedrich. As a matter of fact the week and half before the contest she was shooting a series of workout DVD's for Cathe. The workouts, rehearsals and filming was grueling especially to someone that close to a contest and depleted. When she was done she had about a day and half to pack everything and get ready to compete in the NA's. This takes a dedicated individual to do this type of stuff. She actually just signed a deal with The Home Shopping Network or QVC not sure which one so she has a few days to rest before she goes back to work again filming for The Home Shopping Network. These are the Cathe Friedrich workout bands. I kind of met Cathe and was really impressed with her and her organization. She said some nice things to me and I appreciate it.​

PM3.jpg

Nancy's class had 27 competitors but she seemed to assert herself as one of the top of her class.​

PM4.jpg

PM5.jpg

Exactly

i always wanted to go there

glad you had a nice time

its always nice to be along for the ride
and NOT be the one competing for a change
you just sit back and soak everything in.....no stress

nice Tony

:)

I am really surprised at what a good time I had. When she asked me to come out, one of her selling points was to get some up close and personal at how a national show is run. So that I did. I did go to Nationals last year but that was only for half the day or so. This was quite different and to tell you the truth I learned a lot. One of the things was Nancy is no joke and what it takes to compete on that level. I also learned how to spray bikini bite but that is a different story...hahahaha

Hey Tenny you don't really like Bon Jovi do you?

more from prejudging

Nancy is in the middle with that strange colored suit
PM6.jpg

PM7.jpg

PM8.jpg

PM9.jpg

Backstage shot after prejudging Nancy was happy that she was in the first callout​
PM10.jpg

Then there was Lynx

Before Prejudging I walk over with Nancy and get in line for her to get oiled. So I am just kind of standing there and I here this voice say "Tony?"...."Tony?" I turn around and low and behold it's Lynx. I have to say no disrespect to Dave (JT) but I can tell you from my honest perspective that as great, stunning, you fill in the adjective, etc... as Lynx looks in pictures and on the ProMuscle board she that times 100 in person. After we formally introduced ourselves I said "I have to tell you that you look even better in person, you are absolutely stunning" I had heard a rumor that she might be there but I wasn't sure. While educating Nancy about ProMuscle I had mentioned Lynx and told her how I hoped to meet her. When I introduced Lynx and Nancy, said ahh I heard you were the queen of ProMuscle. I didn't do much after that as the both of them hit it off right off the bat.

So Nancy was in C class and Lynx was in D class. So as soon as Nancy came off I ran backstage to congratulate her on her first callout. I then rushed back out to the seats to cheer for Lynx. Everyone in her large competitive class had a cheering section and many girls came out before Lynx. By the time Lynx came out everything was kind of quite. For a second or two I got scared that maybe that might sway the judges or other people are supposed to be here (not saying anything fishy, just saying) I started cheering for Lynx but within a few seconds it started to catch on that hey this girl is a cut above the rest. Some of the people around starting saying to me hey she looks the best, and other things but by that time Lynx had taken command of the stage and apparantly wasn't giving it back anytime soon. At that point I text Iabadman and said hey J Lynx did it this time, she gets her Pro Card tonight. (lynx can verify this as I showed her the text after prejudging) So to no surprise Lynx was in the first callout as well.

Like I said, once she took the stage she owned it.​
PM12.jpg

Some of the talent that lynx had to wade through on the way to her Pro Card including the closes thing you will ever find to a real live Barbie Doll​
PM13.jpg

The talent was in abundance but Lynx destroyed them all​
PM14.jpg

PM15.jpg

PM16.jpg

More Lynx

one more from prejudging

PM17.jpg

Some from backstage

Backstage with Nancy after PreJudging​
PM11.jpg

Nancy and Lynx after night show​
PM18.jpg

With Meredith B new IFBB Pro​
PM19.jpg

Nancy picking up her 2nd place trophy. She finished 2nd in her class to the girl who ended up winning the overall. She is very close to getting her Pro Card and her 3rd straight top 5 National level show finish.​
PM20.jpg

After words a group of us went out to The Hard Rock for dinner and drinks. It was a great group that we had and a very enjoyable time. As we walked over Nancy and Lynx spoke French...hahaha.....I think the 2 of them will be doing battle on the Pro Circuit before long.​
PM22.jpg

Awesome pics and great stories! Glad you had a good time. Looks like you and Nancy got a thing going for each other. :love: She looks beautiful and seems like a very nice lady. :D

She is out of my league

Awesome pics and great stories! Glad you had a good time. Looks like you and Nancy got a thing going for each other. :love: She looks beautiful and seems like a very nice lady. :D

No, No, Adam she is way out of my league.

Nancy is a very beautiful lady on the inside and outside and I really enjoy spending time with her.....but..... and there is always a but.....She is a potential superstar in this industry. She is dedicated, marketable, and very capable of showing up different places and doing a great job. She is under contract and sponsored for quite a few things already and she is slammed busy most everyday and gone almost every week. Her career is by far her biggest priority right now and really for a young person like her that is how it should be.

I was with one person for so long that I could never of had the relationships with people then that I have now. Nancy is one of the few people that have the open invite to my man cave here at the beach. I told her that if things ever get too heavy and she just wants to get away for awhile she has an open invite here No Strings Attached...NSA. Here you can go to the beach and disappear amongst the locals. No one cares about your phyisque or what products you endorse here. This is a place that you come to relax, get your head together, and disappear.

She did say that the next time I compete she will come in and help me which I thought was pretty cool.

Thanks Adam, it was a great time.

Last edited:
Awesome trip report Tony. I LOVE going to the National level shows, and it would be even better to be there to support a friend!! I should have been at this years Olympia to support Marcus, but plans fell through and I'm off to Cancun for 10 days shortly after. Work would be less than impressed taking 15 days off in a little less than a month!! HAHA

I might, just might, head up to Hotlanta for the Nationals

Very cool play by play T. thanks for posting this stuff.

Right on

Awesome trip report Tony. I LOVE going to the National level shows, and it would be even better to be there to support a friend!! I should have been at this years Olympia to support Marcus, but plans fell through and I'm off to Cancun for 10 days shortly after. Work would be less than impressed taking 15 days off in a little less than a month!! HAHA

I might, just might, head up to Hotlanta for the Nationals

I had a great time. I am thinking about going to Nationals, hell I think Atlanta is only a 5 hour drive from here. I know Nancy kind of briefly mentioned it to me. I am pretty sure she is planning on competing at Nationals so yeah if certain things fall into place hell yeah I will be there. I might be in contest prep thinking of doing the All South. I don't feel like a abused my body quite enough this year....lol

Very cool play by play T. thanks for posting this stuff.

Thanks JW yes it was a good time. You know there are some negative sides of bodybuilding but there is nothing like the friendships and relationships that are formed. It really makes traveling to events to compete or help a friend or just watch all the more enjoyable. It's bound to happen but I am sure one of these day I will run into you and Mo Chisel and I look forward to it.

Awsome thread Tony..Looks like you had a great time. I am happy your living life the way you want to. You look great.

Tony, don't sell yourself short.. I don't know you but you seem to have Lots to offer someone when that time comes... Looked like you had a blast.. Thanks for posting.

JR

Awsome thread Tony..Looks like you had a great time. I am happy your living life the way you want to. You look great.

Thanks MT, yes sometimes I have feelings of guilt about how things are working out for me, weird mixed emotions but usually someone quickly reminds me that another person made choices that limited mine. So I am really just living life the way that I think I should be living it and for the most part I am very happy but because I am a certain way I do have guilt and I will never be happy about the fact that I no longer live in the same house that my children do.

Tony, don't sell yourself short.. I don't know you but you seem to have Lots to offer someone when that time comes... Looked like you had a blast.. Thanks for posting.

JR

thanks JR, Well Nancy is in such demand and so busy that she text messages me with what time she is going to call me...lol....Will see what happens who knows. Right now though she is deep in her career endeavors and I am deep in living my little life away from everything. Like I said she has an open invite and funny when I was writing this she called and asked if she could come for the weekend.....So I guess she needed to get away from things......Maybe there will be another thread in the making.....Our Beach Weekend.....lol

My vote is for "yes!" :headbang: Have fun.

I will see what I can do. I will tell her to bring her bathing suit that Big D 51 from ProMuscle wants pics.:)
Can I be in the pics as well or just her?...lol
She might not want to be photographed though she told me she has been eating every and anything and she has gained like 15LBS.
Don't be surprised though if she doesn't make it in. With this girl plans can change at the drop of a hat so we will see. My Mom was asking if I was going to bring her over to meet her and I had to explain to my Mom that she could get an offer at anytime and be gone so we will see.

A few more pics

I stole some of these pics from Nancy's facebook

I should of used Nancy's picture instead of mine of her relaxing as the quality is much better. If you closely near her right knee is the Granola stuff that I talked about earlier. This stuff was delicious has anyone seen this before and know where I can get some?
41103_1472357612422_1338092572_31445035_7223272_n.jpg

Each contest Nancy does she picks kind of a theme song that inspires her during her training and cardio prepping for the show. Before she goes on stage she listens to it over and over kind of putting her in a mental state to take the stage. The problem as French Canadian, English is her 2nd language, so she wasn't sure about some of the words in the song. She asked if I could listen to the song and tell her what the words were. I listened to that song over and over and for the life of me I didn't understand what they were saying. I also don't know what the name of the song was either.​
47102_1472357812427_1338092572_31445036_665626_n.jpg

Nancy was really happy with her 2nd place, especially when you throw in that the girl who finished in first in her class won the overall.​
41225_1472358932455_1338092572_31445043_1784459_n.jpg

This women (I want to say her name was Lisa) had one of the most athletic bodies I have seen. It was no surprise that she had an athletic background including being a college vollyball player. They were part of our group at the Hard Rock. After words Nancy and I were headed out with her and her husband for some clubbing. We actually got out the front door but it was a little chilly so Nancy wanted to go back up to the room to get a jacket. It was probably close to 2:00AM by this time. We got up to the room and Nancy was like you know what I don't feel like going out. She didn't have to twist my arm as 2:00AM was way past my bedtime so Nancy called her and said we weren't coming down.​
47192_1472358692449_1338092572_31445041_2859319_n.jpg

Some girls have stage presense and others don't. I think this photo kind of exemplifies Nancy's. Very relaxed, no big deal, big warm smile.​
46910_1472316371391_1338092572_31444950_7431790_n.jpg

I had a great time. I am thinking about going to Nationals, hell I think Atlanta is only a 5 hour drive from here. I know Nancy kind of briefly mentioned it to me. I am pretty sure she is planning on competing at Nationals so yeah if certain things fall into place hell yeah I will be there. I might be in contest prep thinking of doing the All South. I don't feel like a abused my body quite enough this year....lol

I hate the drive to Atlanta. I will fly if we go. 8 hours from here, and a Royal pain in the ass. vs a one hour flight...

I think your condition could be better, and I'm sure it will be if you do the All South. You can abuse your body a little more this year!!!

My plans for next year are up in the air, it all depends on how much progress I can make over the next 6-7 months. If I make the gains in the areas I know I need to look the way I need to look, the I'm planning on a three show run. Fl State (open supers) Jr USA (Open Supers) and then a final show at IFBB North America's, where I dont know whether I would do Open Supers or Masters Supers (yikes, am I that old now? DAMN) I guess it would depend on how I did at JR's and what Marcus and judges think of my physique.
Then, RETIREMENT follows......It's my final swan song for bodybuilding competition for me. Med School the following summer will eliminate any competition plans for a minimim of three years, and after that I think it's time to move on to other endeavors. So, hopefully and god willing, I make the gains I need, complete the trio of shows as successfully as I can, and move on from competition............

See you around. I am planning on starting a thread of posts with training videos of Marcus and I training, as we are going to start a YouTube account for him to help get him out there more.....

I hate the drive to Atlanta. I will fly if we go. 8 hours from here, and a Royal pain in the ass. vs a one hour flight...

I think your condition could be better, and I'm sure it will be if you do the All South. You can abuse your body a little more this year!!!

My plans for next year are up in the air, it all depends on how much progress I can make over the next 6-7 months. If I make the gains in the areas I know I need to look the way I need to look, the I'm planning on a three show run. Fl State (open supers) Jr USA (Open Supers) and then a final show at IFBB North America's, where I dont know whether I would do Open Supers or Masters Supers (yikes, am I that old now? DAMN) I guess it would depend on how I did at JR's and what Marcus and judges think of my physique.
Then, RETIREMENT follows......It's my final swan song for bodybuilding competition for me. Med School the following summer will eliminate any competition plans for a minimim of three years, and after that I think it's time to move on to other endeavors. So, hopefully and god willing, I make the gains I need, complete the trio of shows as successfully as I can, and move on from competition............

See you around. I am planning on starting a thread of posts with training videos of Marcus and I training, as we are going to start a YouTube account for him to help get him out there more.....

It would sure be great to see you in Atlanta T....always enjoy your company.

I also alway love to introduce TFlex to other ProMuscle members......I always point to him from a distance and I say do you see the rather large individual over there (TFLEXIN is a huge man) they are usually like "man that dude is huge" and I will say come on let me introduce you........"I give you TFLEEEEEXIN!" fun times hope to see you in Atlanta.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws