advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Wife Said Three Words You NEVER Want to Hear...

I would have been scared as well ;)

ha ha i only get to see my family a few times a year.

my last visit my brother said "you not training any more?":mad:

i could have cried

lol this is funny.....my fiancee says this to me "your getting fat" im like what im dieting and getting leaner she like" i mean fat as in you look swollen. muscular".....bad choice of words lol

So, we pack up the family in the mini-van and head out to the fitness center this morning.... my wife say's to me, "You look smaller!"

My heart sinks... I'm eating, I'm training, what am I doing wrong? "Uhhhhhh.... you mean, 'leaner'?" "Yeah! Leaner!" "DON'T ever tell someone who works out they look smaller!"

Well, English is her second language.... gotta give her a break! :D

As long as you didn't have your pants down when she said it, it's all good bro! :D

My grandmother said something along those lines to me this year when I was getting close to contest shape. I went to her house one day and the first thing I heard was, "You look awfully skinny, I don't think you're eating enough." Way to make me feel confident Grandma :eek:. She was used to seeing me 20lbs heavier in the offseason (and of course, being an Italian grandmother, she wants to see everybody fat and happy). I guess it doesn't help that, as a middleweight, I don't look very big with clothes on. Oh well.

That's funny. They think they are paying you a compliment but have know idea how those particular words can hurt you.

ONly thing worse than that would have been for her to look down at your penis and say that was looking small! Remember once when I was on cycle and my wife commented on how small my nuts were! That was a great night.

Well, English is her second language.... gotta give her a break! :D

I know exactly what you mean.

When Im gaining some good size my Grandmother will say in spanish "you're getting fat"

I try to explain to her that I am not getting fat, I am actually gaining muscle and getting leaner.

I had a perma-bulker type friend who was a little unstable and boy did we drive him nuts with stuff like that. He knew we were messing with him but it totally would destroy him, me or my friends would say things like, man, that shirt makes your shoulders looks small... or... damn those shorts are loose your legs must be shrinking.

I mean the kid would loose it and go into a hole and freak out in his room by himself and I swear he KNEW we were messing with him but still could not handle it.

My gf knows better...usually in a situation like such I would respond asking if they are gaining:D

Remember once when I was on cycle and my wife commented on how small my nuts were! That was a great night.

Consider yourself lucky... nuts are still big... compared to raisins... :eek::eek::D;)

i think I might have your wife beat, especially since mine has english as a first language! I get off the plane after not seeing her for 2 months, and the very first thing out of her mouth is not hi, or I love you, or how was your flight..... It was wow, i don't remember you being that small, quickly followed by, I mean I just thought you were a lot bigger!

HILARIOUS...

You guys are cracking me up, seriously!

ha ha i only get to see my family a few times a year.

my last visit my brother said "you not training any more?":mad:

i could have cried

That would HURT!

lol this is funny.....my fiancee says this to me "your getting fat" im like what im dieting and getting leaner she like" i mean fat as in you look swollen. muscular".....bad choice of words lol

Wow, REAL bad choice!

As long as you didn't have your pants down when she said it, it's all good bro! :D

haha- yes... good to keep things in perspective!

My grandmother said something along those lines to me this year when I was getting close to contest shape. I went to her house one day and the first thing I heard was, "You look awfully skinny, I don't think you're eating enough." Way to make me feel confident Grandma :eek:. She was used to seeing me 20lbs heavier in the offseason (and of course, being an Italian grandmother, she wants to see everybody fat and happy). I guess it doesn't help that, as a middleweight, I don't look very big with clothes on. Oh well.

Oh yeah, the "older" generation just doesn't get it... ESPECIALLY from the "old country"... all it is, "Eat! Eat! Eat!" hahaha

ONly thing worse than that would have been for her to look down at your penis and say that was looking small! Remember once when I was on cycle and my wife commented on how small my nuts were! That was a great night.

haha, I bet!

I had a perma-bulker type friend who was a little unstable and boy did we drive him nuts with stuff like that. He knew we were messing with him but it totally would destroy him, me or my friends would say things like, man, that shirt makes your shoulders looks small... or... damn those shorts are loose your legs must be shrinking.

I mean the kid would loose it and go into a hole and freak out in his room by himself and I swear he KNEW we were messing with him but still could not handle it.

Cruel, man, cruel... FUNNY

My gf knows better...usually in a situation like such I would respond asking if they are gaining:D

oooohhhh, watch out for a fight!

i think I might have your wife beat, especially since mine has english as a first language! I get off the plane after not seeing her for 2 months, and the very first thing out of her mouth is not hi, or I love you, or how was your flight..... It was wow, i don't remember you being that small, quickly followed by, I mean I just thought you were a lot bigger!

Oh wow... that would "deflate" me!

Those dreaded words....and the random brutality of their timing.

It's like them walking past you in the hallway and just reaching over and slapping you for no reason!!

I'm sitting in the kitchen on a Sunday morning with a new Girlfriend a few months ago and we've just finished our first weekend "together". I'm on a keto diet and she knows it, and I've had no real sleep nor eaten properly since that Friday. Im tired, but happy...UNTIL she says, in her Eastern Euro accent,

"All this sex and no sleep is vorking for you...You look really skinny!" :banghead: I know it was supposed to be a compliment, but she paid for that comment.

Last edited:
"All this sex and no sleep is working for you...You look really skinny!" :banghead: I know it was supposed to be a compliment, but she paid for that comment.

LMAO!!! :D Bitch!!! :D HAHAHA!!! If you're still with her, I apologize for that word... :p;)

No Worries, Phidias! :D She IS a Bitch, but Im a Bastard!!:D So, I think it may be LOVE!

No Worries, Phidias! :D She IS a Bitch, but Im a Bastard!!:D So, I think it may be LOVE!

Bitch and bastard... you two make a great couple for sure!!!! :love: :D:D ;)

hi guys. just joined, mainly because of this thread.. luv it! thanks to u who posted it and all u guys' replies. it was forwarded to me thru email and i truly LMAO all day! Im female with english as my second language, i happen to say those "degrading words", (to mean "leaner") not knowing and understanding how he felt (coz only bodybuilder understands) until month later when he opened it up again so i apologized and boom this thread came no more than perfect timing, hahaha. in behalf of all females, especially who has ESL (english as second language) and no knowledge or very limited (like iam) knowledge of bodybuilding world......... I/WE, APOLOGIZE, I/We, don't mean to hurt or harm your ego/body image/self esteem. I promise to orient, educate all other females with the right choice of words and timing. keep it up the good work u guys, stay "lean or muscular" in your own terms:love:;):)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity