over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My wife's car was struck by a drunk driver-OT

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am feeling so frustrated now that I see how my wife is dealing with things since being hit in her car by a drunk driver. The guy ran a red light, hit my wife's car, and then fled the scene in his car. Luckily a police officer was on foot, this happened downtown. The officer called in the plates and the guy was caught 4 blocks away. He took the breathalizer and blew an illegal limit. The police also told us they think he was under the influence of drugs too. TOday I called the officer and he told me that the guy had another DUI that he hadnt even shown up in court for yet and he was driving with a suspended licsense. Of course he never has seen any jail time. They bookedand released him that same day. The car he was driving didnt have matching plates either. Supposedly it is his girlfriends car.
So where does that leave us? Well, we are pretty sure he is uninsured so that means we have to pay our $500 deductable and then rent a car until ours is fixed. The body place said that 25 working days is normal for repairs of this caliber! The whole front end needs to be replaced. It was appraised by our insurance at $5000 damage but I think its going to be a lot more. Our insurance has been good about it. I guess thats what we pay the big bucks for. My wife is so scared now, she doesnt want to drive. She doesnt want to rent a car, she wants me to drive her to work everyday and pick her up. She is a wreck.
The waste of flesh that hit my wife is probably out right now driving drunk again. He wont stop until he kills somebody. taking him to small claims court would be a waste of time, as he cant pay shit. Hell, hes not even scared of the law as he keeps on driving no matter what. I wish they would lock him up for a long time. What I really wish is that I could find him and beat him to a pulp.Anyone else on here ever have a guy like this cause a car accident?

I'm sorry that happened man! That sucks and I'm surprised he was let out so soon with having that prior dui that he never showed up for.

Here's the thing...If he does have anything and you can take him to small claims court now, it would be worth it because, after he pays for court fees, and all the classes he's going to have to take and pay for himself for prob. over a year, he'll def. be be hurting even worse financially...Anything you can get from him now before he has to face the music...That is, if there is actually anything...I'd try for sure though!

my wife car been hit 2 times both hits were bad. some nutso's on the road
glad i also have full coverage:actio:-sm

I am feeling so frustrated now that I see how my wife is dealing with things since being hit in her car by a drunk driver. The guy ran a red light, hit my wife's car, and then fled the scene in his car. Luckily a police officer was on foot, this happened downtown. The officer called in the plates and the guy was caught 4 blocks away. He took the breathalizer and blew an illegal limit. The police also told us they think he was under the influence of drugs too. TOday I called the officer and he told me that the guy had another DUI that he hadnt even shown up in court for yet and he was driving with a suspended licsense. Of course he never has seen any jail time. They bookedand released him that same day. The car he was driving didnt have matching plates either. Supposedly it is his girlfriends car.
So where does that leave us? Well, we are pretty sure he is uninsured so that means we have to pay our $500 deductable and then rent a car until ours is fixed. The body place said that 25 working days is normal for repairs of this caliber! The whole front end needs to be replaced. It was appraised by our insurance at $5000 damage but I think its going to be a lot more. Our insurance has been good about it. I guess thats what we pay the big bucks for. My wife is so scared now, she doesnt want to drive. She doesnt want to rent a car, she wants me to drive her to work everyday and pick her up. She is a wreck.
The waste of flesh that hit my wife is probably out right now driving drunk again. He wont stop until he kills somebody. taking him to small claims court would be a waste of time, as he cant pay shit. Hell, hes not even scared of the law as he keeps on driving no matter what. I wish they would lock him up for a long time. What I really wish is that I could find him and beat him to a pulp.Anyone else on here ever have a guy like this cause a car accident?

man that is some messed up stuff to deal with. that scumbag tried to flee the scene. for all he knows he may have killed someone or multiple people!!! this guy stays on the streets and is a potential killer, yet of u were to beat him down you would do time (nevermind that beating this loser would do society a service).

i cant help but think of how the government with spend countless thousands to try to bust an average working man for juice, who just wants a little more athletic performance. yet that scumbag roams the streets and they do nothing

i hope you get justice and this guy gets whats coming to him, be it jail or 'other'

I feel for you and your wife bro. I will keep you guys in prayer. Drunk drivers drive me mad:banghead:

I feel for you and your wife bro. I will keep you guys in prayer. Drunk drivers drive me mad:banghead:

Yeah, he has no care for anyone but himself. The police say that he also seemed to be on some kind of drug too because he was incoherent. Hopefully they got a blood sample. Im pretty sure that a new law passed in our state alllows the law to force you to give a blood sample in cases like this.

I'm sorry that happened man! That sucks and I'm surprised he was let out so soon with having that prior dui that he never showed up for.

Here's the thing...If he does have anything and you can take him to small claims court now, it would be worth it because, after he pays for court fees, and all the classes he's going to have to take and pay for himself for prob. over a year, he'll def. be be hurting even worse financially...Anything you can get from him now before he has to face the music...That is, if there is actually anything...I'd try for sure though!

It probably wont be worth our trouble. My father told me he once took an uninsured driver to court and won a judgement but the lady never paid him back. I guess the law doesnt back it up.
Jail space is a premium here in our city, and so unless you commit a really bad crime youre going to be back out on the streets. The cop and I spoke for awhile on the phone about how frustrated he is to do his job and bring this filth into jail only to see them released and back out on the streets the same day.

thanks man. I didnt realize just how bad this was affecting her until tonight. She hasnt slept right in days now and just mopes around all day.today when I was driving she freaked out a couple of times when some other cars on the road made sudden moves. Ive had some terrible things happen to me, like my heart attack, and been able to keep my head up. I guess I just dont understand why this has affected her so much. I wish I could be more apathetic towards her. It does feel terrible though to watch her like this, and it makes me miserable too!

this sucks bro.. Im really for locking these drunk bastards up and throwing away the key...people are really selfish... its so sad that any asshole can walk into a store and pay 5 bucks for a couple 40's and just ruin some one elses life..

Hey bro..the second worse thing happened to me... Im sitting at a red light and bamm! i get rear ended by an Illegal alien...

No license.. no English... Nada! i called the cops and the guy waited with me for the cops to come but the good old LAPD never showed up...

he did like $600 damage to my truck but gave me $100 and went on his way...

Been through this myself. I was on my bike doing 70mph when he pulled out in front of me. I layed it down before I hit the ground I saw him in the drivers seat. I had to be air lifted and before smashed his windsheild with my helmet before I blacked out he had tried to switch seats with his pregnant wife he was intoxicated and witnesses saw him doing this. He was uninsured and had nothing so my uninsured motorist had to pay. DPS tried to give me a hard time for trying to pull this loser out of the car and beat his ass. The cops should just sit outside the bars and pull people over as they leave. I later eh hmmmm let say there were alot of nails in the road that somehow sliced the sidewalls of his car tires and etc he payed just not the way he should have wait 6mos at least for any recourse maybe you will get paid eh hmmm this was many years ago :D Good luck MM

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear this maldorf. At least she was not hurt seriously, or even worse. Still very frustrating... Shit dished out from total losers like this makes me mad too.

Maldorf-sorry you have to deal with this. At least your wife didnt get injured.

Good news!

Maldorf, as I read your post I kept expecting to read about her injuries. So glad to hear she is just shaken up and not physically hurt! It's just money.
Thank God.

CG

It seems like this happens so much in society......why don't people just stay away from the steering wheel, if they are going to drink like fish? I am sorry to hear that this

happened to your wife's car.....I hope you guys get some justice here!

I agree with Alex, Tyrone, et al....they should lock these mutherfukkers up and throw away the key for a very long time. I'd also do what Tyrone stated, even though it seems like a waste at the moment.

IMO, the guy hit your wife with no regards or respect to her life. He ran away like a coward-ass pussy. What if she was pregnant or you had an infant in the car:mad:

I would make his life miserable, even if the pay-off in money and refunds are not worth it. Seriously, i'd rather see you wring his effin' neck, but the law would come back on you.

I'm glad to hear she is okay, that is the most important thing.

BMJ

In the end, I am glad your wife is okay physically.

Maldorf-sorry you have to deal with this. At least your wife didnt get injured.

This is the most important thing!!! I'm so happy she is ok!

I agree with Alex, Tyrone, et al....they should lock these mutherfukkers up and throw away the key for a very long time. I'd also do what Tyrone stated, even though it seems like a waste at the moment.

IMO, the guy hit your wife with no regards or respect to her life. He ran away like a coward-ass pussy. What if she was pregnant or you had an infant in the car:mad:

I would make his life miserable, even if the pay-off in money and refunds are not worth it. Seriously, i'd rather see you wring his effin' neck, but the law would come back on you.

I'm glad to hear she is okay, that is the most important thing.

BMJ

Then string the SOB up!!!

I do suggest small claims court just to put as much pressure on the guy as possible. The more financial problems the less likely he will have a car. What time of day was it?

I'm glad you Mrs. is ok. I lost my sister and four cousins (all in the same car) to a drunk driver when she was only 15. My cousins were 15,16,19 and 19. My uncle who was also my godfather was killed by a drunk tow truck driver two years prior. It goes without saying that drunk drivers disgust me. If you can afford to get hammered all night (or day) you can afford a cab!

With any luck the repaired damage won't adversely affect the residual value of the car. Good luck and sorry to hear about this senseless misfortune.

I do suggest small claims court just to put as much pressure on the guy as possible. The more financial problems the less likely he will have a car. What time of day was it?

9:30 am! She was just about to pull into the parking garage for work and the guy was drunk and high on drugs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws