over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Myo blockers

rAJJIN - Every Myostatin inhibitor Big Pharma has tried to bring to market has gotten shitcanned in Phase II due to lack of efficacy.

A phase I/IItrial of MYO-029 in adult subjects with muscular dystrophy.
Wagner KR, Fleckenstein JL, Amato AA, Barohn RJ, Bushby K, Escolar DM, Flanigan KM, Pestronk A, Tawil R, Wolfe GI, Eagle M, Florence JM, King WM, Pandya S, Straub V, Juneau P, Meyers K, Csimma C, Araujo T, Allen R, Parsons SA, Wozney JM, Lavallie ER, Mendell JR.

Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287-7519, USA. [email protected]
Comment in:

Ann Neurol. 2008 May;63(5):543-5.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE: Myostatin is an endogenous negative regulator of muscle growth and a novel target for muscle diseases. We conducted a safety trial of a neutralizing antibody to myostatin, MYO-029, in adult muscular dystrophies (Becker muscular dystrophy, facioscapulohumeral dystrophy, and limb-girdle muscular dystrophy).

METHODS: This double-blind, placebo-controlled, multinational, randomized study included 116 subjects divided into sequential dose-escalation cohorts, each receiving MYO-029 or placebo (Cohort 1 at 1 mg/kg; Cohort 2 at 3 mg/kg; Cohort 3 at 10 mg/kg; Cohort 4 at 30 mg/kg). Safety and adverse events were assessed by reported signs and symptoms, as well as by physical examinations, laboratory results, echocardiograms, electrocardiograms, and in subjects with facioscapulohumeral dystrophy, funduscopic and audiometry examinations. Biological activity of MYO-029 was assessed through manual muscle testing, quantitative muscle testing, timed function tests, subject-reported outcomes, magnetic resonance imaging studies, dual-energy radiographic absorptiometry studies, and muscle biopsy.

RESULTS: MYO-029 had good safety and tolerability with the exception of cutaneous hypersensitivity at the 10 and 30 mg/kg doses. There were no improvements noted in exploratory end points of muscle strength or function, but the study was not powered to look for efficacy. Importantly, bioactivity of MYO-029 was supported by a trend in a limited number of subjects toward increased muscle size using dual-energy radiographic absorptiometry and muscle histology.

INTERPRETATION: This trial supports the hypothesis that systemic administration of myostatin inhibitors provides an adequate safety margin for clinical studies. Further evaluation of more potent myostatin inhibitors for stimulating muscle growth in muscular dystrophy should be considered.

Kid from Germany

Genetic mutation turns tot into superboy - Health - Genetics - msnbc.com

and the kid from Michigan, google Liam Hoekstra, they had a documentary about him called worlds strongest toddler, I believe its available to watch on youtube.

Super Babies Reveal the Key to Strength Gene | Singularity Hub

Another old article with pics.....
Seems the family in Germany will not release even his name, besides pictures.

It looks like the kid in Germany was born in 04 and the kid adopted in Michigan was born in 05. So there still just babys.

Last edited:
Can you explain better what you mean Bboy?

I can understand a research company Not wanting to Give advice for human use.... I agree with that 100%.

I dont understand though why a researcher could not post his experiences and results? I dont think it would be anymore danger then users sharing there experience with anabolic steroids or HGH etc etc.
well i will put it this way, if Brad owned a company selling research substances and someone is blatanly posting that he is injecting himself or giving himself "said subtances" then I would be legally liable for selling this dumbass these products that i have stated that are not for human consumption and is to be used for research purposes only. If you notice my post in the sten labs thread in the sponsors section i clearly stated that i was giving my lab rats the said product and never once mentioned that i was self dosing. just use a little tact when talking about these product, I was never talking about you rajjin, i was just generally speaking about members of the board.

Importantly, bioactivity of MYO-029 was supported by a trend in a limited number of subjects toward increased muscle size using dual-energy radiographic absorptiometry and muscle histology.

Please note this however, muscle size increased in some...so while strength was not achieved or the study designed for it...size did change

like i said before, its way too early in the game for this stuff to have a drastic impact. will it have some, probably in some with genetic differences,etc...but overall maybe wait and see what comes with time

Look at the kid.........he is not a big kid........not over muscular at all......small, but strong.

:eek::confused:

I don't understand Phil's comment? lol. It might be due to the fact that I am a fat bastard.

Phil, help me. :)

LOL! I don't get it either, Phil... you really do think the Italian kid whose pic was posted by Raj - Gulliano - is small?!?! Or even that 6 y.o. boy from Germany?!?! One word for you... bigorexia... :D

well i will put it this way, if Brad owned a company selling research substances and someone is blatanly posting that he is injecting himself or giving himself "said subtances" then I would be legally liable for selling this dumbass these products that i have stated that are not for human consumption and is to be used for research purposes only. If you notice my post in the sten labs thread in the sponsors section i clearly stated that i was giving my lab rats the said product and never once mentioned that i was self dosing. just use a little tact when talking about these product, I was never talking about you rajjin, i was just generally speaking about members of the board.

Bboy,
Understood and I agree. Not so much that saying its a mouse or animal...But there is no reason for researchers to Say who they got there supplies from.
I notice a lot of guys will do this with peptides also, But not so Much anabolics. That would be like me saying Im using 500mg of sustanon per week. And Ohh by the way I bought it from - :eek:

Ill edit out the names of any companies. Thanks for explaining

:eek::confused:

LOL! I don't get it either, Phil... you really do think the Italian kid whose pic was posted by Raj - Gulliano - is small?!?! Or even that 6 y.o. boy from Germany?!?! One word for you... bigorexia... :D

Sorry Guys I posted the wrong pic. Giliano Stroe I guess is not the myo kid.
They say he has never been tested. The other kid here in the usa (Liam Hoekstra) Is not nearly as muscled up or strong as Stroe.
The other in Germany (name Unknown) Ive only seen the baby picture of.

All this time I thought it was Stroe that got all this myo blocker Interest started.

Like the others have said Im curious to see if its effective or any use over the next few months-years.

Liam Hoekstra

Michigan-

Attachments

• myo-kid 2.jpg
    myo-kid 2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 863
I seen the TV specials they had on both kids a few years back, they were amazing!

I wonder how they are doing currently (a few years later now). That Michigan kid, they had him in gymnastics too, and he was doing pull-ups already. Just mind-boggling!

BMJ

To be perfectly honest the only way I would like to see a myostatin blocker is if I was the only one who could get it. Could you imagine everyone using something like that. As cool as it would be, id hate to look around and see everyone jacked. I highly doubt that there will ever be such a product on the shelves of the vitamin shoppes.

Make sure and post up your starting base,training and diet with pics. Maybe these guys will work with you to help prove their product?
Ask what combo they recommend and do it to the letter.

And good luck, I would love to see this stuff blow you up! It would change things as we know it and make the sport safer.
Im going to hve to skip it this go around, but maybe in a month. I have to gather the funds for my research ya know:D When i do though, I will have a log with pics brotha

There is absolutely nothing over the counter that blocks myostatin.

By the way, blocking myostatin is not without risks, either. I'll explain after work.

There is absolutely nothing over the counter that blocks myostatin.

By the way, blocking myostatin is not without risks, either. I'll explain after work.

Effects of oral creatine and resistance training on serum myostatin and GASP-1.
Saremi A, Gharakhanloo R, Sharghi S, Gharaati MR, Larijani B, Omidfar K.

Department of Sport Science, Arak University, Arak, Iran.

Abstract
Myostatin is a catabolic regulator of skeletal muscle mass. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of resistance training for 8 weeks in conjunction with creatine supplementation on muscle strength, lean body mass, and serum levels of myostatin and growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1 (GASP-1). In a double-blinded design 27 healthy male subjects (23.42+/-2.2 years) were assigned to control (CON), resistance training+placebo (RT+PL) and resistance training+creatine supplementation (RT+CR) groups. The protocol consisted of 3 days per week of training for 8 weeks, each session including three sets of 8-10 repetitions at 60-70% of 1 RM for whole-body exercise. Blood sampling, muscular strength testing and body composition analysis (full body DEXA) were performed at 0, 4th and 8th weeks. Myostatin and GASP-1 was measured. Resistance training caused significant decrease in serum levels of myostatin and increase in that of GASP-1. Creatine supplementation in conjunction with resistance training lead to greater decreases in serum myostatin (p<0.05), but had not additional effect on GASP-1 (p>0.05). The effects of resistance training on serum levels of myostatin and GASP-1, may explain the increased muscle mass that is amplified by creatine supplementation.

PMID: 20026378 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner