over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MYTHS ABOUT THE PROS AND BODYBUILDING..

Man this is some complete bullshit. You're telling me the top guys in the world were build off of 150g protein a day wth some lemonade, half ass training and taking hardly any gear? Genetics are great and all, but to be a pro you need
More than just genetics( a good pro, now a days everyone gets a card). ive beaten out so many dudes with "genetics" onstage I can't even count. They all think they can get by half assing it while I'm dieting my ass off and out drugging them. I'm sorry brother I don't believe any of this

OK. Get married so you never have to worry about dating again. Workout 2 times per day and take any drug you can get your hands on. Eat 500 grams of protein and never do cardio. Never get a blood test because youll just scare yourself into thinking you really have a problem. Ignore your high blood pressure and focus on winning the contest. Never leave the house unless you go to train or to the store. Sell drugs so you dont have to work a normal job. Take 2-3 short naps a day. Read every magazine you can get your hands on for motivation. Watch bodybuilding videos all day for tips on the "secrets". Buy every steroid handbook out there and read every page twice. Neglect yardwork or sex with your wife because you have to train the next day or you are too tired from training today. Do these things for starters and you should be well on your way to achieving your goals. GOOD LUCK!!

Lmfao get married so you
Don't have to worry about dating again so fucking true I'm laughing so hard at this post

Well I have to watch what I say or else you will threaten to ban me because you have no sense of humer. As far as Phil goes, I just wanted him to quit giving us so much of his opinion as it is today and give us some of his thoughts as they were back then. I wasn't asking for his moral view of things I wanted the reality of what he was living back then. I can chose to make my own choices based on my goals, but don't live a certain life, reach the goals you had then preach to us how wrong it is to want the same goals. Maybe I should worry about if I don't feel like mowing the damn lawn or not, or working full time etc. At least in the middle of my wanting to reach my goals I didn't get the wife pregnant when I couldn't afford to, make her go get work so I didn't have to then cheat on her and dump her for some Coke whore once I reached my goals. Then go on to talk about how dedicating a few of my years that are in my 20s to a bodybuilding lifestyle is such a waste of time. Maybe he shouldn't bash the "bodybuilding lifestyle" so much but instead bash the lifestyle of recreational drugs, wife cheating all after deciding to have a kid. To me once he chose to have a kid, his goals should have siezed and he should have gone out and began a career at that point. At least I have alot of money, I'm in my 20s, I don't have any kids and my girlfriend has a good job of her own and doesn't depend on me for my money. I am free to spend a few years on my goals before I settle down. I wonder if Phil would do it all over again if he was back in time and knew what was ahead. All I asked was for him to give us young guys the knowledge of what he was, not what he is, so we can have a shot at our goals, I only asked him because he seems like he wants to help people on this board. I sure hope the people that pay him to train them are getting his full knowledge, because if they are just getting the way he feels about things today then they aren't getting their money's worth. I had respect for Phil so I wasn't going to add any more of my thoughts to this but you come on here and stir up the crap and act like I had no business even saying what I did to him even though I was trying to be as respectful as possible. I will quit posting after this as I am sure this will get me banned. Later

Who decided to revive this thread?

Lmfao get married so you
Don't have to worry about dating again so fucking true I'm laughing so hard at this post

Let's not quote posts from 2006!

I don't agree with any of this. And is terrible advice to give people, generic freaks are different. But for 99 percent of people. They need to train hard. Eat often and eat big and consume massive amounts of protein

I don't agree with any of this. And is terrible advice to give people, generic freaks are different. But for 99 percent of people. They need to train hard. Eat often and eat big and consume massive amounts of protein
It's out of context that's all. I can see this being the case in off season when there is really no emphasis on anything and they are basically taking a break. Then showtime is a different story. Since lots try to stay show ready year around for shoots and such you find the pros these days are much more on the stricter side.

It's out of context that's all. I can see this being the case in off season when there is really no emphasis on anything and they are basically taking a break. Then showtime is a different story. Since lots try to stay show ready year around for shoots and such you find the pros these days are much more on the stricter side.

I don't think too many guys in Haney's era were trying to do bodybuilding for a living... so the need to be 'show ready' constantly just wasn't there.

bodybuilding doesn't pay shit now, sure didn't pay shit back then.

I think this thread has my personal record of # of posts by me that got deleted by moderators.

I think this thread has my personal record of # of posts by me that got deleted by moderators.

I wonder if there is a secret deleted post forum that only mods have access to. It would be so much fun to read everything that's been deleted over the years.

I wonder if there is a secret deleted post forum that only mods have access to. It would be so much fun to read everything that's been deleted over the years.

LOL! The nice thing about being a Mod is that I can read deleted threads...and I did read the deleted Magnus vs Dante posts!

I was actually thinking about this old thread when I watched the video of Levrone talking about how much bigger today's pros are in person than what he was used too back in the 90's.

Obviously advances in chemistry play a big role, but also the standards on diet discipline have gone up across the top ranks.

LOL! The nice thing about being a Mod is that I can read deleted threads...and I did read the deleted Magnus vs Dante posts!

That's the best part about being a Mod :)

Ah the things I'd do to read the Dr. G thread again :D

Epic fight... or should I rather say drama at its best... I remember that episode of PM's life very well... :p;)

Actually, as I often said after he left the board (forced to leave if you prefer...), like him or not, but Phil wrote in that thread some of the most relevant/spot on posts about the true nature of bodybuilding ever written on the subject.

:)

Actually, as I often said after he left the board (forced to leave if you prefer...), like him or not, but Phil wrote in that thread some of the most relevant/spot on posts about the true nature of bodybuilding ever written on the subject.

He did.

Phil was something else.

You must be married, buddy. I promise you that is funny regardless of if it is a two hundred year old post. Man, I'm in my forties and I'm really tired of this dating stuff. Lol. Life seems so much easier for everyone married that I know.

Back on topic though, would the approach to the guys of the past be different from todays top guys because the current pros are chasing size for all of the year other than precontest?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws