over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nails and indication of your health.

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know nails can indicate that something is wrong or that you are missing something in your body.

There are white half circless at the bottom of your nails called Lunula and they are normal.
I woke up Saturday morning having pink/red half circless on the top of Lunula. on all 10 finger nails. I tried to search but cant find anything about these half circles.

Did anyone have something like this? It kind a worries me.

why not just a blood work ?

Im gonna do my scheduled blood work in a week.
But i usually freak out when i see something changing in/on my body:)

I have the half white circles on my thumbs. I don't see any on the rest. What about toenails?

I have no idea what that may indicate, I do know that in the early undiagnosed stage of sub clinical hypothyroidism my thumbnails would get very ridged vertical crevices in them, within a few months of T3 therapy my thumbnails are normal looking now.

Not sure if this link is of any help? Fingernails Nail Color Health Indicators

I have no idea what that may indicate, I do know that in the early undiagnosed stage of sub clinical hypothyroidism my thumbnails would get very ridged vertical crevices in them, within a few months of T3 therapy my thumbnails are normal looking now.

Not sure if this link is of any help? Fingernails Nail Color Health Indicators

Thanks for the link, i searched but couldnt find anything about red half circles.

more

I don't know how much I would worry about this, seems a big far fetched but who knows.

Another source says:

" Red lunula

What you’ll see: The lunula is red. In addition to the red lunula pictured here, there is also the absence of lunula and azure lunula.

What to suspect: Red lunula has been associated with alopecia areata, and collagen vascular disease. It has also occurred in patients on oral prednisone for rheumatoid arthritis. Red lunulae are seen in cardiac failure, COPD, cirrhosis, chronic urticaria, psoriasis, and carbon monoxide poisoning.1"

Nail disorders and systemic disease: What the nails tell us — The Journal of Family Practice

I like to use BING as my search engine, turned all this up pretty fast.

Take a picture so we can see what youre talking about.

Last edited:
How about if your gun packing (Glock 29) neighbor found out your fingernails smelled like his wife? Is that unhealthy?

OMG, Mr. Rainontheparade has struck again. :D I love Maldorf. His heart doesn't work as it should, but it's huge. :love:

He is probably just fine, but he seems like he wants to have info on it so I found what I could!

I think in the past I remember mine being red but I didnt think much about it. I want to say that the redness went away. Maybe some others on here might comment on if they have seen this on their nails. Right now mine are nice and bright white, the lunula. BTW I learned a new term today, lunula! Thinking that comes from the latin Luna meaning moon.

I don't know how much I would worry about this, seems a big far fetched but who knows.

Another source says:

" Red lunula

What you’ll see: The lunula is red. In addition to the red lunula pictured here, there is also the absence of lunula and azure lunula.

What to suspect: Red lunula has been associated with alopecia areata, and collagen vascular disease. It has also occurred in patients on oral prednisone for rheumatoid arthritis. Red lunulae are seen in cardiac failure, COPD, cirrhosis, chronic urticaria, psoriasis, and carbon monoxide poisoning.1"

Nail disorders and systemic disease: What the nails tell us — The Journal of Family Practice

I like to use BING as my search engine, turned all this up pretty fast.

Take a picture so we can see what youre talking about.

Thanks Maldorf

I found this and pics. But it shows as red lunula... mine is above white lunula. Its not lunula itself thats red.
Ill take pics when i get home, dont have my phone at work.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131