over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

name some unorthodox or modified exercises you do

PitbullTank

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Was thinking about this since last nite... caught a guy doing rows on Tbar and asked if he got those from meadows and he was like holy shit, how'd u know that lol... here are some modified or unorthodox exercises I do-

- modified one arm row: on the seated HS dip machine...I put two 45 plates on the ground , on top of each other, on the opposite side of the seat where the weights load... I put plates on and add a 10 lb plate as my grip handle...i step up on the plates to raise me up a little, grab the machine w free hand to stabalize, and i do 1 arm rows... its motion pulls the weight to yiur hip and really smokes the lower lats... actually works better than dbs imo and especially bc my gyms dbs only goto 125s.. I'll try to get a pic of this one to show if hard to understand

- 1 leg standing ham curls: my gym doesn't have this machine so what I always do is put two 25 plates right under the pad on a seated quad extension machine...I step up on the plates, facing the seat w my knee now stabalized pressing against the front of the seat... standing on the plates puts the pad now right behind my ankle and do standing ham curls like that

- sldl/good morning hybrid: I do sldl/good morning hybrid on the vsquat facing backwards... saw Compton doing them, work great

-i stole this incline chest exercise from Charles glass after a guy here posted video a few months ago... I'll post video when I fond it. ..

So what are some good variations or modified exercises you guys do?

Last edited:
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXB6qKRjUh4[/ame]

Here is that Charles glass exercise for upper chest... it works amazing... it's at 20:40

I have also been doing seated calves on a Smith Machine... I sit on a bench in front of it with a sissy pad and put the bar across my knees and press up from the floor... our seated calf at my gyms foot plate is angled and I don't like it one bit... I feel my calves not my Achilles doing it this way

Here is that Compton sldl/good morning
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7ZwlF3Fvk[/ame]

Last edited:
I basically have been finding out ways to put my bands on everything to make the lift different..

quad extension, ham curl... lateral raise machine like Justin Compton showed on his instagram

as for a truly 'unique' lift.. I've always been a fan of JM's cage press.. however, I managed to get what I believe to be a small umbilical hernia by trying to move too much weight in that lift (im not sure if it's actually a hernia tho).

anyways, I found my core and lower back to be the limiting factor in that movement.. so I figured id try doing it seated, and it works pretty damn well.

I get in a power rack with a shoulder press seat, adjust the safety guards so the bar rests at a height a little lower than where my arms would make a right angle, and push the bar up and against the rack.

it takes the core completely out of the movement, and you can handle a lot more weight. same quality contraction as the standing cage press, but pushing from a deadstop is pretty tough since you can't leg drive.

for chest, I do dumbbell floor press (not unique, but not often tried from what ive seen), and then do reverse band smith press (ikr?)

my left pec gets tweaked pretty easy in the stretched position, so using the reverse bands helps to reduce the load when in that vulnerable position.

I do quite a few things. If your gym has an assisted dip/pulldown machine you can do a few movements that are really good.

One is a tri-cep push down with your arms behind your body... I really like the feel of these. On some you have to be stood up but others you can sit down so even better. Stand by the pad (that you usually put your knees on) but face a way from the machine. Hold the sides of the pad with your hands and well the rest is self explanatory.

Another one on the same machine I use to train quads/glutes. Stand on the foot rest/platform at the bottom of machine. You do these one leg at a time. To tarin your right leg simply place your right foot up onto the pad (that you usually kneel on) ând keep your left foot at the bottom. Simply push down with your right leg. You can get a good stretch/rom with this movement.

Last edited:
I do 1 arm overhead extensions with the handle from a Hammer Strength seated incline chest press. saw the guy @atrain100 on IG do it. I swear by it now.

I like to add chains to free weight excercises. We have chains with loops at the end to fit on bars.

Like incline T bar rows with a few 20lb chains along with 3 or 4 plates. Really changes the feeling.

EZ bar skull crushers with chains

Bent over rows wirh chains.

I also do a variation of like spider curl where you bend over as if you were doing a bent over row legs slightly bent. Take a Olympic barbell with maybe a ten on each side let your arms hang relaxed and curl the bar. It really isolates my biceps and it's a great finisher

train shoulders on the hammer strength row doing drop sets.
i stand in front facing the machine in the opposite direction (not sitting on the seat) and i load it up with a 45 and 6 10's on each side, grab the handles and rep out, dropping a 10 when i almost hit failure all the way down to when there are just 45's left, then do dumbbell shrugs, and that's one set.

i then load it back up and do the same but switching hand positions 6 different times still throwing in the shrugs. i hit triceps the same day.

Pitbull I had seen that Charles Glass video before and he does some great things with his athletes. I remember he done a reverse hack squat one for hams years ago too. I can't remember who Charles was making do it at the time but I started doing them myself (can't now :eek:).

Anyway today was my first day back in the gym since my back injury. It's still a little sore so I trained calves, quads and chest. My gym has 3 hammer strength chest machines in a row and the gym was fairly empty so I used all 3 back to back. There is a chest press, wide grip chest press and incline chest press. I only went light so done 1 plate then 2 plates for each machine. I started with 1 plate would do 15 reps in a normal postion then go straight into Charles modified position and would do another 15 reps. I then done the same for 2 plates so 30 reps each set. I was short on the 2nd set of 15 reps 2 times as my reps were extra slow. I made sure to not lock out and I kept my shoulders down and my elbows out. So it was 12 sets total with minimal rest and my chest was destroyed. I finished with some db flyes and I was done for the day.

I done the seated calf raises in the smith machine you mentioned too for a change. I got up to 4 plates a side but didn't want to do more due to my back. Lifting it is fine but when I was finished getting it back on was alittle awkward (the smith machine is not the best and isn't very stable).

Last edited:
This thread made me think about all the seriously crazy shit I've seen people doing in the gym. I could make a great Awkward Gym Moments video if I had taken them.

Great thread. Ill jump in and throw some in once im on break. Pit, elvia, and sliced named a few that i already do.

I find it funny when you do an 'awkward' or not your everyday lift and then you see 5-6 guys doing it a week later.

I have been watching a lot of Charles Glass videos lately. His variations on standard exercises are very interesting.

I have been watching a lot of Charles Glass videos lately. His variations on standard exercises are very interesting.

Yeah they are great. Ben Pakulski has some really good vids on you tube too. Ben is especially informative about targeting the muscle completely and showing the optimal body mechanics for exercises.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear