over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nasal Allergies

cuz

Registered
Anyone out there battling severe nasal allergies? What do you use to combat it? My nasal allergies seem to get worse each year. I've been to urgent care about 4 times in the last 2 years for it. I haven't been to an allergist because I've talked to a few people who have been and still haven't resolved the issue. Things I have tried are: Clariton D, Flonase, Zyrtec, normal saline, prescription Clariton, Benadryl, and Nasalcrom. Clariton D and Nasalcrom work sometimes. Benadryl knocks me out but does work. I'm hoping someone knows something that may work that I haven't tried yet.

Yes, theres something that works. You remind me. I used to have very bad nasal allergies my whole life growing up. A few years ago it came to the point I couldn't even fall asleep every night because my nostrils were severely inflamed, couldn't breath, itchy as hell, sneezing, water running down, I had to use a combination of Afrin plus chlortrimetron, plus other shit to be able to fall asleep and stay asleep.

Today, I have ZERO allergies. After a whole life having them, they are completely gone. 100%. It feels like a new life. What was the cure? GLUTEN. My whole life Ive had gluten sensitivity and had allergy every single day of my life until now. Decided to ho gluten free just to be healthier, and as a consequence, my allergies were cured. NO DRUG in the world will ever be able to do that.

Here we go wit the gluten again 🙄

My allergies have been crazy this year

Nasal wash. Bottled water warmed up with the saline pack, rinse sinus frequently and it does wonders. At least for me.

Speak to your primary care provider for a referral to an ENT (ear, nose and throat). You may have some cysts or polyps agitating your present allergies. Also speak with either about having a food/indoor/outdoor allergy test done.

I had some sensitivities to several foods that caused chronic sinusitis. Also had a few polyps and cysts removed.

I neti pot every day and limit my dairy. (Added bacteria). My Dr. Dropped her jaw when she read my allergy test results. Seems to work for me

Anyone out there battling severe nasal allergies? What do you use to combat it? My nasal allergies seem to get worse each year. I've been to urgent care about 4 times in the last 2 years for it. I haven't been to an allergist because I've talked to a few people who have been and still haven't resolved the issue. Things I have tried are: Clariton D, Flonase, Zyrtec, normal saline, prescription Clariton, Benadryl, and Nasalcrom. Clariton D and Nasalcrom work sometimes. Benadryl knocks me out but does work. I'm hoping someone knows something that may work that I haven't tried yet.

Traveling helps mine, esp long distances as it exposes you to different allergies.

Salt water air can help some peoples, some may make worse, it seemed to work for myself. If you get the chance go to the beach life :cool:

Other than that saline nasal spray, and some of the stuff you mentioned, Zyrtec, and Benadryl have worked in the past

Last edited:

I feel your pain. I thought mine were bad but yours sounds even worse. The best things that work for me is 3 sprays of Flonase up each nostril and a tablet of Alavert. That typically keep mine under control.

Here we go wit the gluten again 🙄

And it will keep going like it or not because I am living proof of some of the possible immune system responses caused by gluten sensitivity. Something that mainstream trauma medicine deny and force drugs onto patients. I threw away the drugs and cured myself.

And to the skeptics, yes I have tested my response. I have tried eating gluten for 2 days in a row, guess what. Allergy comes back. I stop gluten, allergy goes away.

Another thing I reversed in my health by stopping gluten was lactose intolerance. I became lactose intolerant about 10 years ago. Severe bloating, gas, diarrhea from drinking whole milk. A few months after stopping gluten, now I can eat or drink all dairy products I want, no more intolerance.

But yah I get it....keep eating all the gluten you want. Keep going. Repeat the lifespan and life quality of all previous generations. I am not.

And it will keep going like it or not because I am living proof of some of the possible immune system responses caused by gluten sensitivity. Something that mainstream trauma medicine deny and force drugs onto patients. I threw away the drugs and cured myself.

And to the skeptics, yes I have tested my response. I have tried eating gluten for 2 days in a row, guess what. Allergy comes back. I stop gluten, allergy goes away.

Another thing I reversed in my health by stopping gluten was lactose intolerance. I became lactose intolerant about 10 years ago. Severe bloating, gas, diarrhea from drinking whole milk. A few months after stopping gluten, now I can eat or drink all dairy products I want, no more intolerance.

But yah I get it....keep eating all the gluten you want. Keep going. Repeat the lifespan and life quality of all previous generations. I am not.

Ive heard some people are allergic to gluten and most people are not. You may be one that is.

Thanks for the responses. I was reading today about allergy meds stop working for some people after 2 or 3 years of use and they have to switch meds. Claritin D was working for a while most of the time but now it rarely works. Think I'll try and switch meds and also make an appointment with an ENT.

What you think is a gluten sensitivity is likely a sensitivity in some of the additive ingredients that are commonly used in gluten containing products and not an actual sensitivity to gluten.

Most research within the past decade is showing that a "sensitivity" to gluten has no real correlation to the wheat gluten itself when all variables are accounted for.

Doctors Krista Scott Dixon and Brian St. Pierre have been conducting a lot of this research and are continuing to work on case studies with it.

The only people that have a real sensitivity to it according to the research are people suffering from Crohn's or celiacs, but that's 1% of the population and they will get violently sick with any consumption.

Used to think I was sensitive to gluten too a few years ago. That is until I ran FODMAPS for 6 weeks and figured out exactly what foods didn't agree with me.

What you think is a gluten sensitivity is likely a sensitivity in some of the additive ingredients that are commonly used in gluten containing products and not an actual sensitivity to gluten.

Most research within the past decade is showing that a "sensitivity" to gluten has no real correlation to the wheat gluten itself when all variables are accounted for.

Doctors Krista Scott Dixon and Brian St. Pierre have been conducting a lot of this research and are continuing to work on case studies with it.

The only people that have a real sensitivity to it according to the research are people suffering from Crohn's or celiacs, but that's 1% of the population and they will get violently sick with any consumption.

Used to think I was sensitive to gluten too a few years ago. That is until I ran FODMAPS for 6 weeks and figured out exactly what foods didn't agree with me.

Interesting. Might be possible, but I don't take chances.
Makes sense, although Naturopathic doctors would disagree. In their opinion diseases like Crohn's or Celiac have its origin in a multi generational gluten intolerance. Just like breast cancer might have its origin in a multi generational deficiency of antioxidants. And the problem with gluten doesn't end there. The biggest problem is that a large number of people NEVER show any signs of gluten intolerance, BUT the damage in the vili is still done. Over the course of decades, the absorption capacity of the vili has severely decreased making it barely able to absorb essential nutrients. That deficiency, specially trace minerals, lead to the development of one or more chronic diseases. That of course without mentioning that our American diet is severely low in essential nutrients.

In my understanding ALL chronic diseases can be traced to nutrient deficiency. There is no such thing as a bad gene. There are mutations in the genes. Diseases are not a lottery. Just as an example, vision problems. Many people grow up with vision problems without family history. That person has exactly the same DNA code as a person with perfect vision. But ones eyes are perfectly fine, the other eyes have problems. No family history, but a pregnant mother with nutrient deficiency. Is like having to build a house with 200 bricks but you receive only 197 bricks. It will look like a house, it will function like a house, it will serve all the purposes of a house, but somewhere there will be 3 bricks missing that down the road eventually will lead to some dysfunction in the house. The human body is EXTREMELY forgiving. It makes the best it can with what it has like no other living creature in this planet. But theres so much it can do. Eventually breaks down somewhere somehow.

either Nasacort OTC (you can find store brand generic for lower price) or prescription Astepro nasal spray have worked for me.

Interesting. Might be possible, but I don't take chances.
Makes sense, although Naturopathic doctors would disagree. In their opinion diseases like Crohn's or Celiac have its origin in a multi generational gluten intolerance. Just like breast cancer might have its origin in a multi generational deficiency of antioxidants. And the problem with gluten doesn't end there. The biggest problem is that a large number of people NEVER show any signs of gluten intolerance, BUT the damage in the vili is still done. Over the course of decades, the absorption capacity of the vili has severely decreased making it barely able to absorb essential nutrients. That deficiency, specially trace minerals, lead to the development of one or more chronic diseases. That of course without mentioning that our American diet is severely low in essential nutrients.

In my understanding ALL chronic diseases can be traced to nutrient deficiency. There is no such thing as a bad gene. There are mutations in the genes. Diseases are not a lottery. Just as an example, vision problems. Many people grow up with vision problems without family history. That person has exactly the same DNA code as a person with perfect vision. But ones eyes are perfectly fine, the other eyes have problems. No family history, but a pregnant mother with nutrient deficiency. Is like having to build a house with 200 bricks but you receive only 197 bricks. It will look like a house, it will function like a house, it will serve all the purposes of a house, but somewhere there will be 3 bricks missing that down the road eventually will lead to some dysfunction in the house. The human body is EXTREMELY forgiving. It makes the best it can with what it has like no other living creature in this planet. But theres so much it can do. Eventually breaks down somewhere somehow.

Yea I mean nothing wrong with abstaining from gluten by any means. My main issue with most people taking out gluten is the very reason you mention: nutrient deficiency.

From my time at college studying nutritional science to getting my ISSN and PN1 certs in nutrition/sports nutrition, my biggest takeaways were that so many trends and eating styles (be it keto/paleo/atkins/gluten-free/etc) that are back by studies show no real proof of anything besides supporting a hypothesis. And so often these studies are cherry picked for supporting evidence to support their motives (i.e. the Gary Taubes phenomenon).

A lot of MDs, DOs and naturalpaths do disagree, you're right. But they also have a very limited knowledge of nutrition compared to their medical knowledge because it isn't a focus in their education. Med schools only require one semester of nutrition throughout their schooling and it's based off literature over 20 years old.

Now someone like you or others who have a solid understanding of nutrition will be fine on a gluten free diet, but nutrient deficiency becomes a much bigger issue in the typical diet. People see "gluten-free" as an easier way to lose weight because it's such a restrictive diet, but they often don't realize that most gluten containing products are filled with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber that aren't the easiest to come by unless you're eating a wide variety of foods.

You bring up an interesting point with the villi and the damage the gluten causes it and it not becoming present for many years. The only thing I disagree with is that there's no proof that gluten is doing any kind of damage to it. You could pull any number of studies that would support gluten and highlight another food as being the culprit and the argument would be as solid as the anti-gluten arguments now (with the exception of legit celiacs/crohn's).

Yea I mean nothing wrong with abstaining from gluten by any means. My main issue with most people taking out gluten is the very reason you mention: nutrient deficiency.

From my time at college studying nutritional science to getting my ISSN and PN1 certs in nutrition/sports nutrition, my biggest takeaways were that so many trends and eating styles (be it keto/paleo/atkins/gluten-free/etc) that are back by studies show no real proof of anything besides supporting a hypothesis. And so often these studies are cherry picked for supporting evidence to support their motives (i.e. the Gary Taubes phenomenon).

A lot of MDs, DOs and naturalpaths do disagree, you're right. But they also have a very limited knowledge of nutrition compared to their medical knowledge because it isn't a focus in their education. Med schools only require one semester of nutrition throughout their schooling and it's based off literature over 20 years old.

Now someone like you or others who have a solid understanding of nutrition will be fine on a gluten free diet, but nutrient deficiency becomes a much bigger issue in the typical diet. People see "gluten-free" as an easier way to lose weight because it's such a restrictive diet, but they often don't realize that most gluten containing products are filled with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber that aren't the easiest to come by unless you're eating a wide variety of foods.

You bring up an interesting point with the villi and the damage the gluten causes it and it not becoming present for many years. The only thing I disagree with is that there's no proof that gluten is doing any kind of damage to it. You could pull any number of studies that would support gluten and highlight another food as being the culprit and the argument would be as solid as the anti-gluten arguments now (with the exception of legit celiacs/crohn's).

Nice! I can see your strong education behind your post brother! I agree. Most people who go gluten free unfortunately don't have any understanding about essential nutrients and by doing so, they cut out those nutrients coming in gluten without replacing them with other foods.

You're right that in my case for example my intolerance could very well be some ingredient, chemical, or who knows what that comes in gluten foods. That would require a whole scientific study to determine what causes my symptoms. For the most part I don't miss gluten at all though.

I don't really eat gluten. Jasmine rice is my only carb source. With my IBS its pretty much the only carb that I can consistently eat without fucking up my digestive tract. So ridding myself of gluten has done fuck all for my allergies or my ibs

I've been dealing with chronic sinus problems for quite a while now. I even had surgery (turbinate reduction) for it. The congestion always came back. However recently my sinuses have been feeling much better. The major difference is I've been doing almost daily glutathione shots. I imagine the anti-inflammatory properties is probably whats really helping.

Aside from that, I used claritin, and nasal rinses (saline+baking soda).

Seeing the ENT for allergy testing is the next step which I might do in the future. I'm not sure what I'm allergic but I think dust is probably one of them. I sleep much better after I clean and dust my room. I've tried playing around with my diet which didn't make a huge difference. I still take Acv + lactase + digestive enzymes on and off for digestion and as an preventive measure.

Last edited:
Do u get a lot of boogers? I did and a specialist perscribed me topical antibiotic. U can get it with no perscription from vet websites too. Its called mupicrocin. The dr. Told me to mix half a tube into a bottle of saline nose spray and spray morning and night.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear