over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nationals....

Relax

And recuperate physical aswell mental wise would be a great idea.
All the best Sam!

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate the words of support and encouragement. I am actually looking forward to the break....before it was always "What show am I going to do next?" and right back into training. Almost a feeling of relief not having something pending.

SZ

Sam have you ever thought about doing just one show a year?it seems like the guys who put on a ton of needed size dont compete all that much,also what do the judges tell you you need to work on, to me it seems like you have the total package take care

SZona said:
That is a possibility. Just dont like to make rash decisions based purely on emotions. Need some time to think....

Gonna dedicate the next year to trying new things, challenging myself in ways I never have....perhaps find a new outlet. I have lots of ideas...just need to dedicate some time and energy in that direction.

Thinking back I have never taken more than 1 week straight off from training since 1992 and that was only the week following a comp. That cant be a good thing!

SZ
Take up golf. You will never look at bodybuilding the same as before.

JETHRO TULL said:
I ADMIRE YOUR DEDICATION AND YOUR INTELLIGENCE. YOU SEEM REALLY WELL ROUNDED AS A PERSON. I'VE ENJOYED YOUR POSTS...THE DOG, THE KIDS, THE FAMILY!

YOU'VE NEVER...IN MY RECOLLECTION POSTED SOMETHING NEGATIVE HERE. I THINK YOU ARE A GOOD GUY.

Best of luck in whatever directions you decide to pursue and don't be a stranger to the board.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Bro, you look phenominal! Taking a break is the best thing you can do. Come back refreshed and hungry again. Best of luck to you good bro...

mrjacked said:
Sam have you ever thought about doing just one show a year?it seems like the guys who put on a ton of needed size dont compete all that much,also what do the judges tell you you need to work on, to me it seems like you have the total package take care

Sure....The year I won the Heavyweights at the NA's I only did one show....came in 10 lbs heavier than I was at this last one. I can be stubborn and thick headed and a bit over zealous at times and it doesn't always serve me well. Trouble is there are so many guys fighting for that top spot that you fear if you step away for a bit you will be forgotten about and up and comers will pass you by. If I do compete again it will 2008 at the earliest....a good 18 month or more break.

In terms of judges criticisms....its almost always the same...."Quad Sweep"... which is really frustrating because is just the Vastus Lateralis not my whole Quad that is lagging. Meanwhile you have guys with zero claves, zero triceps, lagging biceps, muscle tears, gyno....placing high and winning shows. Other criticisms I have recieved that I find amusing....."Legs too vascular"...."Look like I have two different bodies....an upper and lower"... I have heard it all over the years bro....LOL!

SZ

Sam

SZona said:
Sure....The year I won the Heavyweights at the NA's I only did one show....came in 10 lbs heavier than I was at this last one. I can be stubborn and thick headed and a bit over zealous at times and it doesn't always serve me well. Trouble is there are so many guys fighting for that top spot that you fear if you step away for a bit you will be forgotten about and up and comers will pass you by. If I do compete again it will 2008 at the earliest....a good 18 month or more break.

In terms of judges criticisms....its almost always the same...."Quad Sweep"... which is really frustrating because is just the Vastus Lateralis not my whole Quad that is lagging. Meanwhile you have guys with zero claves, zero triceps, lagging biceps, muscle tears, gyno....placing high and winning shows. Other criticisms I have recieved that I find amusing....."Legs too vascular"...."Look like I have two different bodies....an upper and lower"... I have heard it all over the years bro....LOL!

SZ

Never worry about being "forgotten". Your family remembers you, who cares about judges. Maybe many feel that you have 2 different bodies or that your legs are too vascular, that is their opinion. This sport sucks in that we take that stuff as an attack on us personally, but it is the nature of the sport. We put ourselves in this position to see what place we take on stage 1 or 2 times a year. Take a break and rethink your priorities. We are here for you so pleas edont take a break from us!!!

Sam,Phil said it correct no one will forget about you,as for the npc they wont at all,my freind won a local show as a lightweight 151lbs,took 2 years off went to the jr usa won the middleweights at 175lbs they told him he was to tall for the class and to put on 20lbs to become a light hvy and now hes prepping for this yrs usa and he now tips the scale at 225lbs in the offseason,hes from ny you might know him take care

Muhammad Ali once said there is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.

Keep your head up

Sam- Just wanted to say keep your head up bro. Think about how much you have accomplished so far. You are a very positive person and I have always enjoyed reading your posts on PM. Take some time off and enjoy your family and what's really important in your life. You have a good on your shoulders bro. Keep positive! You have inspired many in BB.

ya bro keep your head up, I have seen you on here for a while, and followed your progress. I dont know how you guys can keep going for so long. I have been competing seriously for about 2-3 years now and will be doing the jr's and usa's for the first time this year. I think to myself when I see you guys coming back year after year, Will i be able to do that ? keep coming back over and over. Mad props to you for what you are doing nobody will understand what you have been through untill they walk the same path. I think time off will help you tremdously (mentally and physically) best of luck to you.

I am actually in a very good place mentally. I have too many positives in my life to dwell in negativity or self pity. It is actually almost a relief and I am looking forward to finding the fun in training (and eating) again :D

Thanks for the support and encouragement guys!

SZ

You've got a good head on your shoulders Sammy and I'm sure it'll work out fine and you'll be better in the end.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131