over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nationals.....

really good point skip, i was thinken the same thing....off the top of my head what other ameature is in the public eye as much as matt d. i cant think of any

Skip said:
Point to ponder for you guys:

Are the big supplement companies THAT good at figuring who will be the next hit when they sign them? OR, do they become a hit BECAUSE they are signed with a big supplement company?

Hmmmmm...... *shrug* Just something to consider.

Skip

just curious skip

do ya like Dorian's physique from his heydey??

btw i am not crazy about Matt's overall package either

The more the judges see your face the more they will be swayed...If a company is saying how great so and so is I think the judges will begain to believe it...

nationals

If the judges were smart Palumpo will never be pro. He would be a terrible rep for the sport. He needs to keep those flaps he calls lips closed. He speaks waaayyy to openly about rampant drug use
and he gives to much advice on usage. He may be one of the nicest guys out there, but sorry dave you will never be pro. I saw him at the weigh-in, you could see the scar tissue on his bi's even though he had a couple coats of pro tan on.

nationals

Anyone see the awards for the middle wt women? They initally gave first to Mia Stone, she was all jacked up because she got her pro card! She was getting pumped up for the overall, one of the judges told her that they tallied the points wrong and that she actually took second! try and swallow that one! They took the class back on stage and had to change the placings....that is wrong!
pac

instynct999 said:

just curious skip

do ya like Dorian's physique from his heydey??

btw i am not crazy about Matt's overall package either

To be honest with you, no, I really don't like his physique. However, you can't help but respect the guy simply for the heart and passion that he had for the sport and training. Again though, I just am not impressed by physiques that lack that certain 'shape' or 'look'. Now, I am not saying that guys like Shawn Ray are the end all, either. I DO like his look and would rather that the sport was headed in that general direction, though.

I can't imagine how a 15 year old can pick up a mag these days and either want to or even think he could ever look like anyone on the pages inside. It seems unattainable to me, let alone a kid just starting out. Now, I am not going to go 'old school' on everyone and say that Lee Labrada and guys like him are the best there ever was. I am simply saying that this look is much more appealing and I think more guys would want to look like Lee or Shawn than like Art Atwood or Matt Duvall.

I will get off my little soap box and finish by saying that I am much more impressed with alot of the guys at the national level than I am of most all of the pros. Hell, I was thumbing through a flex magazine today (I do this only when I shit - it passes the time) and saw a few pics of Kevin Levrone from 92 and then a few pics of him in 98 - literally side by side. I tell you that he looked ten times better in 92 and maybe even in 94, also, than he did in 98 and certainly better than he does now.

Just my opinion guys. Don't hate on me. lol

Skip

All right fellas!!!

First off, let me say that if you had been there, Mat won it hands down. I was sitting right down front and he looked awesome. I think that Mat has a better over all physique than alot of the pros. He had a great showing and deserved the victory.

Second, for those of you who insist on pointing fingers and saying, he uses synthol and what would he be with out all the oil in his arms and shoulders.......PLEASE!!!!!! Do you guys have nothing better to do?????? Do you know Mat.........did you see him shoot all these oils that you're talking about??????? Well, I do know Mat and not that it is any of your business or that it matters, but he did not in fact use any site ois. I get so tired of people pointing fingers, saying he uses oils......blah,blah,blah!!!!!!

Third, Mat is one of the nicest guys that you'd ever meet in this sport, if not THE nicest and he is exactly the kind of pro that we need representing this sport. He is awesome with fans and fellow bbers. We need more Mat Duvalls in bbing to make it a more positive sport.

I'm out, take care.

Hey wylde, sorry I missed you in Miami bro, it was pretty crazy!

patk

I was also there and Mat looked great. If there were any doubt as to his condition, he would not have also gotten the overall. He deserved it.

Honestly, unless you were there, your opinion means next to nothing. You can't judge who should or shouldn't have won anything unless you've seen for yourself. You certainly can't judge by a couple of digital pics posted on the net.

patk

I wasn't there, so all I can judge from is the pics but Dim looked much, much better than Duvall IMHO.

Attachments

• frontbi.jpg
    frontbi.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 253
from is the pics but Dim looked much, much better than Duvall IMHO

I totally agree with u....Dim looks great..

It is very hard to judge from a picture...I have seen him look better in other pictures from that same show...

Also look at Dims arms...I am not saying they look bad from over use of oil but they are getting bigger than his damn legs...He needs to tone it down a bit..

his lack of lat width makes his waist look big. Also, his abs could be tighter. He has nowhere near the amount of detail in his lower back as the other two. IMO, he didn't deserve to win. Again, that's just judging from pics on the internet.

jawbreakerkid said:
his lack of lat width makes his waist look big. Also, his abs could be tighter. He has nowhere near the amount of detail in his lower back as the other two. IMO, he didn't deserve to win. Again, that's just judging from pics on the internet.

No his big waist makes his waist look big...His lats are pretty huge..

Yes, Dim looks good. He has no legs compared to his upper body. Overall semetry is a huge part of bbing. But then again, that's just judging from the pics.....LOL!

patk

I'm going to disagree with you there weight. Look at the guy in the middle, on his front double bi his lats pop out, same as dim. Matt's lats just slowy get wider from his waist to his armpit. There is no decipherable lat there, just a gradual wideness, no roundness to the muscle whatsoever. For a guy that big his back sucks.

we have to agree to disagree then...What you were saying about the guy in the middle and dim having lats when they hit the double bicep shot..That is hand placement..How high you hold you arms compared to how low you hold them...The higher they are the smaller your lats will look..the lower they are the larger and more easy it is to flex your lats...

that is all..Because Matt has huge lats..

I also think that Matt is hiting the poses late in all the pictures...I think he leaned back more in the lat shot just not in that pic...When you lean back it makes the pose look totally different..

They only person who really knows is the guy that was there...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131