over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Natural Athletes?

LJack

Registered
This isn't much of thread for learning, more so for discussion. I am blown away by how many claims there are of being completely natural, by guys who have every sign of someone who isn't. Or even better yet, some of these teen BB's. Don't get me wrong, I know getting started early helps, but even with giving props to the natural strength icons and strongmen of olden days, these guys are still pretty obvious to me. Jay Cutler was a teen BB...AND enhanced athlete, even from his younger years. We had a guy in my old gym who was ranked 2nd or 3rd for teenage in the COUNTRY, as in nationals...had half the gym thinking he just had incredible genetics and knew some secret. Truth is he hadn't taken a break, from heavy cycles and GH, in about 2 yrs. He started his first cycle at 16. I'm not saying they are supposed to be telling the world they are using, but come on. Even in other sports it's simply a matter of who's getting caught, not who's using. Even in the circles of training in MMA, just at the amateur/beginning pro levels, I think I know of one or two guys doing well who MOST LIKELY aren't on something. I know because I still do it as a hobby, and everyone knows everyone and you end up hearing everything but the name of the guys supplier. You can't even look up youtube vids of strongman training or BBing without finding a dozen of vids by some 18yr old who has legs halfway to Tom Platz definition and carrying way more muscle than typical, claiming he's 100% natural

Agreed 100%

bb.com is a great example of this...pisses me off so much so much.

Good to know not everyone is buying it. I can honestly say that I have had LONG stretches of time being 100% clean, and went through a period where I got sick and lost just about everything, and had a long arduous task of getting back in shape...without any "help". And I know what it is like to be naturally strong and have the other kids make comments about steroids when I didnt have a clue how they even worked, but I didn't look anything like a cartoonishly muscular snot-nosed kid who hardly knows anything about training and literally blew up over one spring or summer. My word, I know a kid who has been skinny his whole life...played sports...still skinny. Looking at his pictures on FB and it was literally like a 1yr transformation...even his face is wider and completely different looking...and a good friend of mine who is friends with him is convinced he just found some great workout program and a myostatin-manipulating troll under a bridge to grant his wishes!

I had some friends like that they grew like crazy in 6 months and just told me they were using protein and creatine like I was some kind of idiot

Exactly i went to school with a guy between 8th and 9th grade he went from 140 to 189 over the summer i bought so much protien and creatine because of that asshole now its so funny to hear all these guys at the gym saying there natural and there holding more water than a pregnant girl

that site is so naive when it comes to AAS. visit the misc and you can post incredible physiques and half the posters will try to argue that they are natural. It's a joke

my question is why be natural and what is good about it, natural sucks. be all you can be:headbang:

I think the whole natural thing in general is all bullshit. Bodybuilding, powerlifting, football, pro wrestling, you're not getting even close to the top naturally. I laugh when I come across these guys that brag about being natural. A majority of them you can't tell they lift & what they lift isn't that impressive. Over the winter I was doing Westside to increase my strength. One of these natural dudes was in the gym at the time & we started talking, I told him I was doing Westside, he responded with a; "those guys are all on juice." Well they might be, but the athletes that come out of there are a force to be reckoned with in powerlifting. If you've ever watched the documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster it illustrates this point. Those at the top all had a little help. It's hard because of the laws, but there are too many people out there trying to insult other people's intelligence

I tell people I'm about as natural as Lance Armstrong.

Them: really your natural?

Me:facepalm.jpg

I know a guy who's all natty and he won Mr. Az for the 155lb weight class... He worked hard and cut down from 190 just to get there.. I was impressed.. He got blown out of the water when he went to another nation wide contest.. Can't remember which one but what he's done is very commendable. Plus not everyone is training to become a pro. I def don't think AAS is for every one who wants to get big. A lot can be accomplished with proper diet and training alone.

lol @ the lance armstrong comment. I remember an older guy I know saying "They should just do it all natural, like Arnold." LOLOLOL little does that moron know, Arnolds' mentor/pioneer Larry Scott was the first to use some of the newer orals, etc waaaay before arnold. And Fwiw, I honestly don't love using, and thats part of the reason why I don't all the time. I hate needles. But at the same time I know what its like to have a shoulder that was torn in two places and have a really freakin hard time getting back to the levels of strength I had even when clean. Surgery/therapy is unfortunately outta reach...d@mn our health insurance and my high deductible!

there was a guy at my old gym like that. he was jacked. made incredible gains in a short time. he would look me straight in the eyes and say he never used anything other than protien shakes. little did he know his supplier was a friend of mine. not only did he supply him with his drugs his wife (a nurse) did his injections for him. i would talk to him about juice telling him what my cycles were like and when i was going to start etc. he to this day will not admit it. i so bad want to just tell him what i know but i wouldnt do that to my friend who supplies him .

I know a few Muscle Mania Texas boys who brag about their 100% life long natural and what not. Then the other day ago I see them in a workout video, each with about 5-6 big nice pimples on the back.... I am sure it is their hard core creatine though, those guys preach so much about how juicing is cheating....

Agreed!

If the pros were more transparant about the sport, then teenagers and young kids (like I once was) wouldn't spend years wasting their time looking for the 'secret' to building muscle. At least they would know right from the start what the score was...

if half the people on these boards stopped worrying about whos natural and not and how much shit so and so is taking and paid attention to what they were doing themselves, there would be a lot less people who werent so insecure with their own appearance that they had to accuse anyone who claims to be natural of being on something or anyone who is on something of being on a shitload of stuff. seriously ask yourself, why the fuck would i care if (insert name here) is natural or not?

Agreed!

If the pros were more transparant about the sport, then teenagers and young kids (like I once was) wouldn't spend years wasting their time looking for the 'secret' to building muscle. At least they would know right from the start what the score was...

and if the pros were more transparent about the sport then youd have teenagers and young kids going out and bludgeoning themselves to death with drugs thinking that is the secret. then theyd have wasted their time and their health. and really if all the pros listed what they did would you believe them in the first place? youd call bullshit until they posted the mega doses that youre preconvinced they take in the first place.

For someone telling people to mind there own buisness and not worry about everyone else is doing you sure are why dont you practice what you preach hipocrit

I had similar experiences in high school in the weight room. Seeing guys I out lifted one semester come back over summer and be almost twice my size while eating shitty and having horrible training habits.

I also see it almost daily at the gym, where guys I know personally who are using and claim to everyone all they use is a NO product for pre work out, whey protein, creatine and glutamine.

Obviously you shouldn't be blabbing about what you're on, but when it's obvious...c'mon lol

and if the pros were more transparent about the sport then youd have teenagers and young kids going out and bludgeoning themselves to death with drugs thinking that is the secret. then theyd have wasted their time and their health. and really if all the pros listed what they did would you believe them in the first place? youd call bullshit until they posted the mega doses that youre preconvinced they take in the first place.

I agree, I think there's a lot of people out there who just use gear as a short cut for hard work.

Like Ronnie Coleman stated: "Everyone wants to be a body builder, but aint nobody wanna lift heavy ass weights!"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131