advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Natural test levels and feeling depressed??

uconish

Newbies
This is the first thread i have started on the board, but ive been quitely reading for some time now. Heres my situation, any experienced advise would be appreciated. I competed in my second show last May, and have been not using any supps since, so roughly 6 months now. I was planning on training with no supps until i decided to do another show, (approx May 08') and concentrate stictly on my training and nutrition. After the show, i was able to immediatley bounce back in the gym, got bigger, stronger, and was still lean. I am not a giant mass monster like most of the guys on the board, i compete as a middle weight, so my offseason weight went up to 200lbs with still cleary visible abs. Starting in the begining of August i began feeling "wierd". I was sleeping more, eating less, not as excited about training, losing size, more anxiety, no desire to socialize, sex, basically sympotoms of depression. I thought, ok, its just a phase, it will pass. But by the end of the month, i was SUPER emotional, crying over things i had no control over, feeling worthless and had no motivation to do anything. This went on for a month.....finally i went to see a counselor, and she suggested i see a doc to get some anti depreesion pills. I thought about it, then i realized my test levels might be low. Scheduled an appointment with my doc, who is awesome by the way, she was completely sympothetic to my situation. We did a blood test, and everything came back normal, except my test levels were at 210, which is probably what is causing my mood being altered because normal for my age, 300-800. She set me up with an endo, but i have no idea what to expect when i see him.......what do i say, what will he most likely ask me, what are my options, etc?????

Thanks

This is the first thread i have started on the board, but ive been quitely reading for some time now. Heres my situation, any experienced advise would be appreciated. I competed in my second show last May, and have been not using any supps since, so roughly 6 months now. I was planning on training with no supps until i decided to do another show, (approx May 08') and concentrate stictly on my training and nutrition. After the show, i was able to immediatley bounce back in the gym, got bigger, stronger, and was still lean. I am not a giant mass monster like most of the guys on the board, i compete as a middle weight, so my offseason weight went up to 200lbs with still cleary visible abs. Starting in the begining of August i began feeling "wierd". I was sleeping more, eating less, not as excited about training, losing size, more anxiety, no desire to socialize, sex, basically sympotoms of depression. I thought, ok, its just a phase, it will pass. But by the end of the month, i was SUPER emotional, crying over things i had no control over, feeling worthless and had no motivation to do anything. This went on for a month.....finally i went to see a counselor, and she suggested i see a doc to get some anti depreesion pills. I thought about it, then i realized my test levels might be low. Scheduled an appointment with my doc, who is awesome by the way, she was completely sympothetic to my situation. We did a blood test, and everything came back normal, except my test levels were at 210, which is probably what is causing my mood being altered because normal for my age, 300-800. She set me up with an endo, but i have no idea what to expect when i see him.......what do i say, what will he most likely ask me, what are my options, etc?????

Thanks

Man I commend you for simply going to the doc on the first place! Bravo!
I think most of all be honest with them. They are there to help. My own doctor and psyc's always tell me that there doctors, not dea agents. I hope very much that you feel better man... I mean that... it sucks feeling strange like that. I do think it is a passing thing and good things are gonna happen. Keep us up to date brother... and continue posting!

Believe me, i am one of those guys that absolutely hates going to the doctor, let alone a counselor, but i knew something just wasnt right, and i did not want to self medicate. i was SOOOOO stressed about what my doc might say or think about me, but she was totally cool about my lifestyle, and was happy i approached her with my problem, even though some of it was embarassing to talk about at first, and at the end, we both learned alittle bit from eachother, and now i know i have someone to talk to if i have a problem about something. I suggest that more of us guys see our docs about things that might be wrong with us....its not as scary is as it seems in your head. They truely are there to help....at least mine is. Il be calling the Endo tomorrow, so well see what happens. In a way, im sort of relieved, because if it is only that my test levels are low, i know it is something that can be fixed.

Yea just be open with them. They need to know what's going on to be able to help you better. If you lie, and they aren't stupid they will not be as helpful as they could be. Also it doesn't hurt to get all this checked out just in case there is another reason for it. You'll be fine!

hey bro.... the same exact thing happened to me. My levels were a lot lower however. I'm 21 and it was 51. Sucked big time. But i went through the same process as you did with going to the docs ect. Once i got to endo i just explained to him ALL of my symptoms and was completly honest. Now my life couldnt be better and am thankful i live in this day of age to be able to have this kind of treatment. HRT is definetly the way to go over drugs that do nothing but make you forget your problems. Best of luck man it will all pan out.

I did have to get an MRI on my head however to look at my pituitary gland....which was the problem.

Uconish...what did your PCT look like? Did you do what I told you? How long after coming off gear did you have the bloodwork taken?

-I would be honest with the doc.

Go to the endo and tell the straight story. I did that with my doc and he was very cool. No stupid lectures from him. He just wanted to know what's up so I told him.

PB

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity