over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nauseous after working legs. Fixes?

after 17yrs of training I still get this feeling with legs when I go all out on squats...which is most leg days. Comes with the territory bro. There is a reason so many guys have no legs...its tough!

I've heard taking tums or rolaids helps.. I believe you get nauseous from the build up of lactic acid in your blood.

There's a saying- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. It's part of the package.
You already have the advice. Train on a mostly empty stomach, control your breathing, drink water between exercises (not to much), and have some gatorade or something similar after.

This happens to me when i do Back and Legs I am starting to think its the breathing since so much stress gets put on your breathing doing rows and presses. I am going to try cutting out a shake preworkout and stick to whole food. Good thread!

I throw up after squats sometimes. A few weeks ago I threw up a lot in the locker room bathroom and everyone was like wtf :eek:

I was mad because in the toilet was oatmeal and a bunch of eggs :p

My understanding is that it's a mild state of shock, your body shuts down blood supply to your stomach, digestion slows down, eventually you'll puke. I used to puke nearly every leg day and some back days.

For me the best trick is to no drink ANYTHING during the workout, not even water, fully hydrate an hour or so before going to the gym, and maybe start drinking water or some intraworkout liquid towards the end of the workout, but not during the serious shit, like squats.

For years I used to puke during most workouts. Not just legs, but biceps, calves, etc. I used to get so nauseous and sick I was having panic attacks during workouts.

I think I figured out why: use of whey protein and protein powders in general. Dropped them and haven't puked since or even felt very sick.

Puking and feeling sick is no goal and not a sign you're progressing. The better you feel, the faster you recover between sets, the better. Means you can push yourself hard(er). You're handling bigger weights, going harder yet feeling pretty good and recovering fast: great!

JMO.

if you are gettin sick from everything i would say you are not eating enough and going hypo shock. shakes, dizziness and such.

Puke. Makes that nauseous feeling go away every time. Good to see you are working hard enough to get that way.

I usually get real nausiated to.Even worse I get the Sh#4s or both.Needless to say leg day is not my favorite.

I get the nausous and sick feeling most leg days, but it gets really bad when I slack on doing cardio. If your cardiovascular health is not top notch, your lungs will not be able to supply your body enough oxygen.

Dont do cardio on leg days, but try increasing cardio on off days or at the end of upper body days.

Stimulants and pre-workout supps are notorious for inducing nausea on leg and back days

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws