over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nautilus chain drive bicep machine

comedycentral

Registered
I have a chance to pick one of these up for my home gym. As far as I know it's the same one Dorian uses in his video.

Anyone try this machine?? Any good.

I think you still pay quite a bit for the nautilus name

I love the original Nautulis stuff. I was a trainer at a Nautulis club in the mid 80's. My favorite was the decline/pec dec combo piece with the leg release that let you do self negatives.
If the price is right i would get it!

Thanks for the reply. Price is a little steep but I think there is haggle room. Good kit will last forever as well

Yeah man we have one at my gym and I use it all the time. It's a little hard to get into for me but It's really nice, I love it.

i wonder how many there are of those originally made ... huge fan of the jones/viator/mentzer era.

The first gym I joined had the chain bicep and chain pullover machines. Those were the best!
the belt knock offs dont come near them.

Agreed

I love the original Nautulis stuff. I was a trainer at a Nautulis club in the mid 80's. My favorite was the decline/pec dec combo piece with the leg release that let you do self negatives.

The local VA had/has the decline/fly combo...awesome piece of equipment with all OG parts and color...if I were the OP, def buy that curl machine! the cam/chain combo feels like a sweet spot on most movements :headbang:

Our gym owner just ordered a shit load of the newer nautilus stuff and its by far the best machines I've used. I would certainly grab that thing. I've also used some of the chain driven stuff at the original metroflex in Arlington and I love it as well defintely has a different feel to it

We have that exact machine at my gym, and the orig nautilus pullover too! Love that equipment..seems like all the new diffrent brands that are out are all about making the exercise easier and they don't isolate as well.

Well a bit of haggling and deal done it arrives next week.
I have an affinity for old kit. It makes me feel like I'm training in some dungeon YMCA from years ago.
He has done me a deal on a 90 degree seated iso leg press as well.

I'm loving my home gym collection

Looking on YouTube there is almost a sub culture of collectors for nautilus kit stuff goes for big money

I have an old nautilus bicep machine like that in my home gym as well as an old nautilus triceps, pullover, double shoulder, multi-purpose, and lying leg curl machines. I love the feel of these machines and prefer them to most new machines you find in most commercial gyms these days. Only some of the hammer strength machines come close, which isn't surprising since Author Jones's son Gary was the original founder of Hammer Strength. I think you'll be pleased with acquiring this machine for your gym.

Edit: I forgot to mention the sound these machines make is unlike any cable or belt driven machine. I love the sound of the chain as much as I love listening to the rattling of 45lb plates on the end of a bar.

Last edited:
Mastodon your home gym sounds pretty awesome.
I've now been given permission from the wife to buy a large garden shed to put some extra kit in as I'm maxed out in the garage

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws