over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nearly Anemic On Cycle?

Winny230

Registered
So interesting observation I had today. We had our hematocrit levels checked today prior to getting rid of some blood, and it came back at 13.4 (where the lower cutoff is 13). I found this rather strange, being on year round HRT 200mg Test, but then also being currently on cycle with an additional 100mg prop EOD, 40mg dbol + 50mg Var ED.

Not dieting or anything crazy, does this make any sense? Has anyone seen this before or have any possible thoughts on reasons why it wouldn’t be higher? Just seems very odd....

Maybe you are anemic even before you started your cycle?
In my case my hematocrit is below the normal level ( 38 with normal levels 40-52) even on HRT dose of 80 mg test weekly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you are anemic even before you started your cycle?
In my case my hematocrit is below the normal level ( 38 with normal levels 40-52) even on HRT dose of 80 mg test weekly

Yea it is likely, but I’d have a feeling you would need to be damn crazy anemic for it to hang this low, being on cycle now and also doing a cycle with a period of time off prior to the current (enough off time, but not really long enough for hematocrit to not be compounded)

I became anemic within my first two years of using gear by donating every 8 weeks. I got my HG down into the 11's at one point. Then we implemented iron therapy (A hefty dose of 325mg ferrous sulfate 3x's a day for a few months). I threw in a bit of anadrol and eq, and then I was testing high lol.

First check to see if you're donating too frequently (have iron and ferritin levels checked). If they're low, start on some ferrous sulfate, then retest in a few months.

There is also the possibility of some form of internal bleeding, however this is less likely.

If your hematocrit is really 13 this is one of those situations where you should be at a dr and not asking about it on a forum. Your value is considered critically low.
Are you sure you don’t mean hemoglobin

Last edited:
Google "exercise-induced anemia."

If your hematocrit is really 13 this is one of those situations where you should be at a dr and not asking about it on a forum. Your value is considered critically low.
Are you sure you don’t mean hemoglobin
I'm pretty sure he means hemoglobin. NOOO way he'd even be typing at those levels of crit, let alone training lol.

That its the hemoglobin.

You need to pay attention to both hematocrit and hemoglobin. When iron levels are low, your body makes less rbc, also hemoglobin is lower and blood cells will have a lower iron content, which translates into a lower MCV (red blood cells are smaller).

The lower the MCV, the lower the hematocrit for a certain number of RBC.
The lower the HCV, the lower the hemoglobin for a certain number of RBC.

Even if iron levels are low, if hematocrit is ok, hemoglobin is ok, you dont have anemia. Anemia is when one of those values gets too low and oxygen transport get compromised.

In patients with PV, is normal to see the with iron levels of 10-15 (min ref value 60), and iron supplements are not recomended here, because it will just lead to more frequent phlebotomies.

That being said, I rather have these values in the low end ref range if im using AAS.

I became anemic within my first two years of using gear by donating every 8 weeks. I got my HG down into the 11's at one point. Then we implemented iron therapy (A hefty dose of 325mg ferrous sulfate 3x's a day for a few months). I threw in a bit of anadrol and eq, and then I was testing high lol.

First check to see if you're donating too frequently (have iron and ferritin levels checked). If they're low, start on some ferrous sulfate, then retest in a few months.

There is also the possibility of some form of internal bleeding, however this is less likely.

Definitely not donating too frequently, this was the first time in a year. Only did it because I thought I might be pushing it, but definitely almost regret it.

That its the hemoglobin.

You need to pay attention to both hematocrit and hemoglobin. When iron levels are low, your body makes less rbc, also hemoglobin is lower and blood cells will have a lower iron content, which translates into a lower MCV (red blood cells are smaller).

The lower the MCV, the lower the hematocrit for a certain number of RBC.

The lower the HCV, the lower the hemoglobin for a certain number of RBC.

Even if iron levels are low, if hematocrit is ok, hemoglobin is ok, you dont have anemia. Anemia is when one of those values gets too low and oxygen transport get compromised.

In patients with PV, is normal to see the with iron levels of 10-15 (min ref value 60), and iron supplements are not recomended here, because it will just lead to more frequent phlebotomies.

That being said, I rather have these values in the low end ref range if im using AAS.

Great info man, thank you. I know technically I am currently not anemic, but what concerns me is what happens when I am off or just on HRT. My blood markers as you mentioned always do hang long, along with a very low heart rate and blood pressure. It almost takes being on cycle to “feel normal” because it boosts everything just slightly id assume.

But like you said, good values to have on AAS. But I’d hate to see it without the support.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131